SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The demo is just sigh...

I didn't even do more than 20 bouts before I got the game.

lol

Got too bored with it. You can't even battle online with it. -.-

Edited by PuffPuff

These are who im planning to use/try out:

Roster_zps4624e976.png

The first 5 I will be really tryhard with. The rest interest me but im uncertain if they'll be good for me. I will also try out ZSS and Ness but i dont see myself using them longterm.

I wish the demo was at least as deep in content as the E3 demo was.

So 20 characters and 10 stages.

imagine how long the download would be

imagine how long the download would be

It'd be worth it. Well, for a demo, I guess.

The demo already took my a long time to download (but that's probably just my own problems) so I can't even begin to imagine how large the full game will be... I'd probably have to wait an hour, estimating from the previous games I've downloaded.

The point of a demo is to give an example of how the game plays. If everyone's favorite characters were in there'd be less people buying the full game.

...And as for the same reason as to why that they limit the use of the demo to only 30 matches.

The point of a demo is to give an example of how the game plays. If everyone's favorite characters were in there'd be less people buying the full game.

...And?

All I was saying (I think Ana too) is that a LONGER download time would be worth it, in exchange for more content.

Not really. The demo has limited uses for most players. Once they run out of uses, they'd be buying the full game anyway.

Not quite. A demo as big as the E3 demo with 30 uses could be more than enough for a lot of people to give up on the full game because it can be played to the point that you can get tired of the whole thing. Heck, a lot of people might not even run the game 30 times before stop playing the game.

Demos CAN negatively affect sales. If I worked at Nintendo and I had a saying on the matter, I wouldn't release the E3 demo on the eShop either.

It maybe worth it to the consumers but it would not be worth for Nintendo. You're already giving 30% of the content for free and not to mention the platinum demo is unlimited uses. You're almost giving away an entire game at that point of letting people have 20 charas and 10 stages. Heck that's as much content between Smash 64 and Melee.

It would of been one of the worst decisions they could of made in order to actually sell the game.

Edited by kingddd

It maybe worth it to the consumers but it would not be worth for Nintendo. You're already giving 30% of the content for free and not to mention the platinum demo is unlimited uses. You're almost giving away an entire game at that point of letting people have 20 charas and 10 stages. Heck that's as much content between Smash 64 and Melee.

It would of been one of the worst decisions they could of made in order to actually sell the game.

That is true...

It really would ruin Nintendo, but at least we know they'd never do that! Even if they did, it'd take way too long for me to download anyways.

Just 2 more weeks... I can't take it anymore! If Peach was in the demo though... I think that'd be able to keep me sane for the time being. The only thing that bums me about most of the females (plus Marth + Ike) is the animations. When [anyone with a dress, long hair, or cape] is falling back down to the platform, it looks odd.

The dresses stick to legs, the hair looks like it's GLUED to their backs, and the capes look so stiff! But that must have something to do with the 3DS hardware...?

Don't forget, you can actually leave the demo running and the console on sleep and it won't count as extra uses. You can technically have one use of the demo last you for months.

Don't forget, you can actually leave the demo running and the console on sleep and it won't count as extra uses. You can technically have one use of the demo last you for months.

Leaving the 3DS on, even in sleep mode would eventually kill your battery. And if you're working a few days a week like I am, I can't always have it plugged in. Keeping stuff plugged in constantly can shorten the life span of the charger and the battery too. Trust me, I learned this the hard way by killing my old phone charger.

Leaving the 3DS on, even in sleep mode would eventually kill your battery. And if you're working a few days a week like I am, I can't always have it plugged in. Keeping stuff plugged in constantly can shorten the life span of the charger and the battery too. Trust me, I learned this the hard way by killing my old phone charger.

Not really. The 3DS is not designed like an old phone because batteries have changed a lot since then.

Trust me, I have a 3DS since launch and I have yet to turn it off. I always leave it on the charger when I'm not using it, and the only times I turn it off is because of a firmware update that requires a restart. The battery has yet to give me any issues, as it still lasts as long as it was Day 1.

And for the record, I work on weekdays. I take the 3DS with me everywhere, since I occasionaly get some Streetpasses.

Except I wasn't talking about an old phone. I was talking about the charger that came with my current phone, which is a new model I got this year. I plugged it in constantly so the battery would never die, but eventually it started causing my phone to freeze up instead of recharge. It got glitched up because I overused it.

I'd rather not take the risk of this happening with my game consoles. I work on weekdays too and have also had a 3DS since the year it came out. Although I use my Awakening 3DS more often these days, I can tell that the time it takes for the battery to run out is getting shorter because I've been using it so much. I take it to work with me too, but I have to leave it in my locker where I can't plug it in or get any Streetpass stuff.

...Why are you arguing about this? This is more pointless than any other argument I've seen here.

My arguments have always been in relation to the Smash Bros. demo. I could make an even longer post on how the 3DS doesn't work the way Ana talks about in her posts, but that's neither here nor there.

Especially since they're agreeing to gang up on you, Ninian!

We should let this argument solve itself, because we'll never see another civilized one again xD.

Edited by Carter

This sentence gave me cancer.

Yeah, like, I've played Awakening for over 200 hours, and I wouldn't be surprised if I haven't even booted the game up 30 times yet because so much of that was from leaving it on and letting us both sleep. It certainly helps that I had only that game for many months, but I typically play one game at a time anyway.

As much as I would have liked the E3 demo and would have bought the full game regardless, I agree that the current demo was better for Nintendo's own interests. Not everyone who may buy the game is a hardcore Smash fan and some would be plenty content with a demo as big as the E3 one, especially if they would only play it on occasion with friends.