SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

As has been mentioned, it's such a small issue it's barely even worth pointing out. These things happen all the time.

As far as how teams are decided, I wouldn't be opposed to random selections to start with. It could be good to give people chances to play with multiple people to see who we all work well with.

Random selection would be pretty cool, as long as those who wanted to be in a specific team could do that as well.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just random... but apparently in the nature of the Lucina x Palutena shippers around the fandom...

I apparently have people commenting on my Smash videos that they ship:

ルキナ x ルキノ

Lukina x Lukino

Lucina x Lucia

The FC thread is made! Check it out, I've done a little something more with it. ;3

Random selection would be pretty cool, as long as those who wanted to be in a specific team could do that as well.

Ooh, I do like this idea! The only downside is the chance of being paired up with someone that you assuredly won't do well with. Like, I don't think me teaming up with SOC would go well at all... ._.

I like the idea of randomness, but unfortunately, I really don't like a lot of you.

HOWEVER, I'd be willing to ignore my hatred in trade for winning a Smash Tournament xD.

I like the idea of randomness, but unfortunately, I really don't like a lot of you.

Am I one of the cool people?

Yeah, random is good. Stops all the good people from teaming up and wrecking the shit out of everyone.

I reckon we'll need to have the game at least for a little but before voting on that. Or just make the first one a bit more casual since we're still getting used to the game and allow all stages to be legal.

I reckon we'll need to have the game at least for a little but before voting on that. Or just make the first one a bit more casual since we're still getting used to the game and allow all stages to be legal.

True, good point. I'm being a bit hasty.

The DLC we were talking about turns out may not be characters after all but stages!

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2h7k33/proof_of_stage_dlc_incoming/

EDIT:

Lucas, Snake, Wolf, Ivysaur, and Squirtle chants apparently found in code.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2h8x7h/character_crowd_chant_files_show_lucas_snake_ice/

Edited by Alertcircuit

Ooh, interesting! But maybe it's talking about stage builder stages? Like, you can bring the stages you make in the Wii U version to the 3DS version since the 3DS version doesn't have the stage builder? I dunno if it's really solid proof.

I love the idea of tournaments, I'd gladly participate.
Despite my signature, I feel that four of Rosalina, Ness, Lucina, Fox, Shulk, Dark Pit, Pit, and Palutena are where most of my time will go.

Of course, I would never be able to be in Team Battles unless people were randomly selected/someone pitied me. I haven't exactly made friends here >_>.

if i could play with anyone, it'd be shadowofchaos, but that's a pretty bold statement and a rather impossibility.

Regular or Omega stages?

Both, I imagine. Whatever normal versions are tournament viable + omega versions of stages.

The DLC we were talking about turns out may not be characters after all but stages!

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2h7k33/proof_of_stage_dlc_incoming/

I'd like to note that this text comes from random stage selection screen, and we can infer that the only reason there isn't similar text for characters is that there is no random character selection screen.

EDIT:

Lucas, Snake, Wolf, Ivysaur, and Squirtle chants apparently found in code.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2h8x7h/character_crowd_chant_files_show_lucas_snake_ice/

This, though, is just leftover Brawl data. Meaningless.

This game has a shop where you can buy trophies with the coins that you've earned. It's probably just that.

Which sometimes that they have on sale to make it even better. =]

So, anyone want to start exchanging friend codes? It's only a week now and if I get everyone's FC before hand I can get all my Pokemon Safaring out of the way.

Sure. :D

...How the hell did they do that just by playing Smash? Did they lose a match and then have a rage fit? That is just a ridiculous level of immaturity. I remember being pretty sore that I could never get past one round in Brawl tournaments, but I didn't break my Wii or my Brawl disc over it. :/ Or my controller, for that matter.

Yeah, I guess you guys are right. It might not be THAT bad for a participant or team to get a bye. Like you say, metalsnowman, it'd just be best if lots of people join up.

So, I'll go make an FC thread since it was my idea? This way people can add a bunch of people easily. That's why a thread was made in the Pokemon section.

I can post my code there shortly!

[spoiler=The Salt is Real]tumblr_ncdb43LMfV1qzp9weo1_640.jpg
tumblr_ncdb43LMfV1qzp9weo2_640.jpg

Mother of crap.
I know that's extreme, but people get REALLY into Smash Bros.

This reaction has to be because someone that they wanted didn't make it into the game.

But...this is beyond ridiculous.

-----
Pics of the Day
cpfaXa.jpg
Lissa
The Princess Of Ylisse makes it into the game as one of the Fire Emblem trophies.
rcEGHU.jpg
Gaius
He might be the trophy who will only be exclusive in Japan as will of Tharja in NA/Euro. Why Japan isn't getting Tharja is unknown? Japan must love Gaius alot more than Tharja...it seems. Who wouldn't love a guy who would even dig for honey in hornet's nests and all around a decent guy? Not to mention that we have an icon of him to choose from to put below our avys.
Edited by PuffPuff

Depends on the tournament rules, I guess.

I agree entirely with this.

imo the tournament organizer should spell out all the rules for the tournament in question (items, teams, stages (and omega vs normal), character restriction, etc) in the OP, and if you don't like it, don't join, or make your own tournament, or whatever.

That being said suggestions about what rules seem like they'd be good vs bad ideas are reasonable.

For example, re: teams, I'd say that imo teams should be pretty unrestricted, but if there's an obvious case of Top Tier Smashers (relative to SF) forming a super mega awesome strong team, deal with that on a case-by-case basis.

Ana(This topic), Carter(This topic and in PM), Dodgedusk(Talks all the time in Skype and on Hello, Hi, Hey topic) you three are added in both my Jap and Eng(Capture Card) since I know you three well enough. If there is anyone else that wants to participate in the tournament and whenever I'm up, my FC is in the topic. Use my 3DS US one with the capture card as I can record these matches if you want. If not, then use my other US 3DS code. I don't want to make y'all feel uncomfortable in anyway. :D

Use these as well to verse me in Pokemon X/Y, Omega Sapphire and Ruby. ^_~

Edited by PuffPuff

I think one of my favorite techniques to use with Mega Man was to force the opponent to use the Rush Coil I'd left behind to avoid an attack(or knock them onto it, which I discovered I could do unintentionally), and then hit them with a Mega Upper or charged Spark Shot. It was pretty sweet. It's nice to find tricks from the demo. =I

Edited by Dai

Just a random translation note... They said "Omega Form" probably because "Shuten" (Final Destination) is too big to fit within the cursor or the X button on the right of the screen in English.

Because honestly it's the same meaning, just condensed into one word.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Ok doin some research on smashboards and I found a ruleset for a more competitive tourney that will be a good starting off point for now:

Link here: http://smashboards.com/threads/official-smash-bros-4-3ds-tournament-for-na-october-11th-date-made-official.369525/

This is for singles. Basically the rules are 3 stock, 8 minutes no items. Double-Elimination tournament. Custom moves are allowed, no custom gear/equipment (Is that the stuff you get for smash run to make you like run faster and stuff?). Each set is best of 3 except semi finals and onward is best of 5.

Stage choices he has I'll list below. Obviously we can discuss them as well later. I would prefer stages where you can fall to your death on either side of the stage. Also if I run the tourney it will definitely not be FD only but it will be an option.

Starter pick (I'm guessing you each ban one stage and the stage not banned is the stage you play the first game)

Battlefield
Fianl Destination
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick (normally the winner of the first game bans X number of stages and the loser gets to pick the stage out of the available stages remaining)

Jungle Japes
Mute City
Prism Tower
Rainbow Road
Paper Mario
Tomodachi Life
Tortimer's Isalnd
Arena Ferox

I should be able to play enough to get an idea of which stages should be allowed in the tourney when the game comes out in the states. I would also like custom moves on because it will hopefully lead to more interesting game play but we can discuss that as well.