SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

The answer is easy to get through the hard mode in all star mode which I'm sure it rewards you big if you finish it! ...And that is Reflect. He/She can absorb energy and can actually gain health% by using the Nosferatu Book which can be used 3 times before it takes awhile to recharge again. I've got through two battles without consuming even a Maximum Tomato. You even get one extra Heart Container to consume in every fight thereafter unlocking all of the characters! =] Reflect is quite broken.

It is telling me that it will be hard to let Reflect into the tourneys. -.-

Edited by PuffPuff

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is also advised to use alot of aerial attacks whenever playing on Normal, or Hard as while in the air, you can't defend yourself.

Edited by PuffPuff

Man, the GameStop here that's holding a tournament next weekend didn't have the demo kiosk after all. Such a bummer. I'll find something to keep me busy until Friday though. hopefully.

Man, the GameStop here that's holding a tournament next weekend didn't have the demo kiosk after all. Such a bummer. I'll find something to keep me busy until Friday though. hopefully.

Eh, I'm sure there's something for everyone. I mean, after all, we've survived worse (march was awful in terms of news), so we can do it!

(i have to wait until either the 11th or the 18th, so yeah...)

challenge accepted

except that all items on, online, doesn't actually sound enjoyable for a "challenge accepted" sort of ~serious match~

BS, I've played For Fun online, and it's FOR SERIOUS FUN.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I've heard Robin's Nosferatu has a windup animation and is fairly easy to dodge though, it does heal a lot of health, but it isn't always effective to the best of my knowledge

One of his customs is Goetia.It might be better despite the fact that it doesn't heal.

One of his customs is Goetia.It might be better despite the fact that it doesn't heal.

From the description I've read of it, it actually sounds like a pretty good move. The increased range and effectiveness sound like they'd make up for the lack of lifesteal pretty well. Robin's custom specials all sound at least a little useful, I was pleasantly surprised

On a side note, Ness has all of Lucas's moves as custom specials, aside from his smashes, grabs, and other aesthetic differences, you could in theory play as some sort of pseudo-Lucas

And is anyone else having a hard time handling dodgerolls? I did it a lot easier in the console versions and just Shield like 4/5 of the time.

It's the opposite for me. 3DS version is insanely easy to roll, but I have issues with rolling in Melee. (Can't remember 64 or Brawl, but it isn't easy.)

Same with grabbing. So easy on 3DS. Melee I can hardly ever grab. >_> Then again, I'm in the air a lot in Melee but can't get a handle on aerial fighting in 3DS. Making up for lack of air-time by utilizing grabs?

From the description I've read of it, it actually sounds like a pretty good move. The increased range and effectiveness sound like they'd make up for the lack of lifesteal pretty well. Robin's custom specials all sound at least a little useful, I was pleasantly surprised

On a side note, Ness has all of Lucas's moves as custom specials, aside from his smashes, grabs, and other aesthetic differences, you could in theory play as some sort of pseudo-Lucas

It would be a pretty minor pseudo Lucas. Their difference never came from their specials. Their general A moveset was extremely different, especially their aerial game. So I guess Sakurai has only one choice, either bring back Lucas for Smash 5 or give us custom A moves.

I would also disagree that items have no place in competitive play. There is luck involved, that's undeniable, but it takes just as much skill to use and/or avoid an item...I'd say it would show off some skill if you avoided a Pokeball or Assist Trophy. I don't think it would disrupt the flow at all, I'd say it adds flow...

BS, I've played For Fun online, and it's FOR SERIOUS FUN.

that's not what I said

I said that, for a srs match, with (a small amount of) pride on the line, having a (un)lucky bob-omb appear in front of you sword and blow you up is not an enjoyable outcome

(or similar)

that's not what I said

I said that, for a srs match, with (a small amount of) pride on the line, having a (un)lucky bob-omb appear in front of you sword and blow you up is not an enjoyable outcome

(or similar)

I was making a play on words dude... I know what you meant.

I was making a play on words dude... I know what you meant.

whoops, I had assumed that you were being half-serious

I would be perfectly fine if Lucas and Wolf were free alternates like Alph, released in the future. I know all of the people who MAINED them wouldn't be, but come on. It's better than nothing.

I would also disagree that items have no place in competitive play. There is luck involved, that's undeniable, but it takes just as much skill to use and/or avoid an item...I'd say it would show off some skill if you avoided a Pokeball or Assist Trophy. I don't think it would disrupt the flow at all, I'd say it adds flow...

Items have no place in competitive smash. They are completely random and all they accomplish is disrupting the flow of a match, and giving noobs a better chance.

Edited by Shulk

Items have no place in competitive smash. They are completely random and all they accomplish is disrupting the flow of a match, and giving noobs a better chance.

To further explain, bomb-ombs can just appear out of nowhere.

I can't tell you how many times I've randomly blown myself up just because of a single bomb-omb (or exploding item for that matter). And let's not forget the healing items. They're amazing, and not as bad as bomb-ombs, but really, if an inexperienced player gets their hands on one, that could turn the match around (but skill of the OTHER player would also come into play).

And Final Smashes... I don't know how many hits it takes (if there is even a set number) but in Project M, it took 2-3 hits to break one open. The losing player / team could easily break it open with luck. And killing your opponent with luck doesn't show any sign of skill level.

I LIKE items, but I get really picky when I want them and when I don't want them.

I would be perfectly fine if Lucas and Wolf were free alternates like Alph, released in the future. I know all of the people who MAINED them wouldn't be, but come on. It's better than nothing.

I wouldn't. If that happened it would cement that we wouldn't get them as DLC characters. I mained both Lucas and Wolf because they played a lot different than Ness and Fox. If they were of characters I don't play as I probably wouldn't touch them.

And Final Smashes... I don't know how many hits it takes (if there is even a set number) but in Project M, it took 2-3 hits to break one open. The losing player / team could easily break it open with luck. And killing your opponent with luck doesn't show any sign of skill level.

I definitely disagree. There's a lot of skill both in breaking the smash ball and using a final smash. I can't tell you how many times I've watched my brother smack a smash ball around a bunch only to have me snipe it and nail him. Breaking it open with luck makes no sense, there's a pretty consistent amount of damage a smash ball takes before breaking.

The biggest problem with final smashes is the imbalance of them in general. Some are really great and/or unavoidable (Olimar), some are really awful (Donkey Kong, especially on big stages), and in Brawl, one is downright detrimental (Zero Suit Samus).

relevant:

i also have to wonder what would happen to shielding if mr saturn was allowed... i know it's technically legal because of peach's turnips, but that's a different story. RIP jigglypuff

Edited by Cornet