SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, well then tell me how was I supposed to know that its easy when I don't even have that version of the game.

It was brought up 2 weeks ago in http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40818&view=findpost&p=3465132 post. Dunno if you happened to see that one or not

It was brought up 2 weeks ago in http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40818&view=findpost&p=3465132 post. Dunno if you happened to see that one or not

the method that was posted there is slow and while works, isn't very efficient. It took gamexplain 6 mins to get that 8 kills whereas Deoxy's method took him 25 seconds.

Ness' Kayo-Ken attack make this easy. This also will clear the 9.0 challenge without using customs. That's what I did to clear that Lucina challenge too. XP

Just like I've found out an easy way to do the 9.0 intensity clear challenge in the 3DS version with Link's Power Bow custom as the AI is often too weak to anticipate it! I haven't even lost a life in that version when doing it! That would have done it if it were this version. I'll have to try this to clear the 9.0 challenge without losing a life.

Edited by PuffPuff

Does the Power Bow trick work in the Wii U version as well?

Haven't tried it yet, but the AI seems a bit smarter in the Wii-U version than the 3DS one. Even the 100 man challenge is quite hard in the Wii-U version. -.-

EDIT: Just tried it and it works. I should clear the challenge once I get used to Master Fortress first.

Edited by PuffPuff

Is phantom slash worth having on Zelda or would another move be better ?

Are you asking about Phantom Slash compared to her other custom moves or about it's worth compared to other theoretical moves Zelda could have has a Down Special?

I think it's a pretty great move that has its place, PH and ST were pretty important in the Zelda Series and as a move, it's very good. Sadly it can be reflected and hurts a shield very badly

Are you asking about Phantom Slash compared to her other custom moves or about it's worth compared to other theoretical moves Zelda could have has a Down Special?

Since you can only switch phantom slash with other downspecials, id naturally assume the latter

I just wondered what would be better seeing as the moves doesn't seem that good compared to her right left and up moves.

Edited by Serah

Since you can only switch phantom slash with other downspecials, id naturally assume the latter

I mean how is Phantom Slash compared to its other two variations, Phantom Breaker and Phantom Strike. As in the question might be "which is the best Down Special for Zelda" or it could be "what Down Special should Zelda have if Phantom Slash is no good".

I think for Zelda her defaults are her best moves, except maaaaybe Nayru's Rejection and Phantom Breaker. But the Phantom is so slow to come out that typically you don't use it while both players are grounded, making the shield breaking properties of Breaker less useful. The best application is to edge guard since it's much safer than Lightning Kick and the default Phantom is the strongest for that purpose.

I think for Zelda her defaults are her best moves, except maaaaybe Nayru's Rejection and Phantom Breaker. But the Phantom is so slow to come out that typically you don't use it while both players are grounded, making the shield breaking properties of Breaker less useful. The best application is to edge guard since it's much safer than Lightning Kick and the default Phantom is the strongest for that purpose.

I personally think Din's Blaze works better then Din's Fire depending on who you're fighting, It can be used in quite a few ways.

*Giggle*

Moves are never any good in competitive play if they leave you open to attacks. Best to strafe while doing quick non vulnerable attacks. Phantom Slash is terrible as it leaves her open to attacks. Master Fortress will take some getting used too. As you die if you hit the side of his fatty acids while the laser creatures further mess you up. The stomach acids are to watch out for...too. As you get bounced and killed on the sides if you get too wasted! There wasn't any other occurrence of this other than going inside Majin Buu.

Thankfully, you get a Heart Container after your battle with Master Core's shadow. That you can save later for the Master Fortress after you end up outside again with Power Bow Dark Link/Link. As you can Power Bow SPAM Master Core when he becomes Link's shadow as the AI is too weak to anticipate that. Good! Because your going to need all the % damage you can get for the Master Fortress.

Edited by PuffPuff

Training my Marth amiibo was a lot of fun. It was actually fun getting my ass kicked. xD

He's a good training partner. I'm using grabs and spot dodges more now. I, uh...*cough* NEVER used spot dodges before... Not sure if he's trained very well, though, since I can almost beat him. ...Y-yeah, sure, if getting him to his last stock while I'm at >100% on my last stock counts as "almost".

I'm shocked he doesn't use counter more often considering how much I use it. He does dash->upsmash even though I didn't use it even once on him. He doesn't do my dash->counter...yet. He fast falls like crazy; not sure where he got that from... He got my jumpy style; we jump so much holy crap. Around lv10 he was jumping so fucking much, it was hilarious. It eventually lessened a bit. Him getting back on the stage is odd: when I'm near that side of the stage he goes below the stage to grab the edge, but then when I'm not near that side he tries to stay above and land on the stage thus getting mercilessly attacked. He doesn't learn by being punished, uh-oh! He taunted the very first time he KO'd me, I was so proud~. But now he rarely taunts and keeps trying to attack me when I'm floating invincible.

Mostly trained on Omega stages, 5-stock battles; we had a few battles on Battlefield around lv38 but I got absolutely SLAUGHTERED so, uh, we went back to Omega. ._.;; All mirror-battles except for one random 4-player match around lv30.

Easy way to get CDs (self.smashbros)

submitted 9 days ago by StandupGaming

Set all items except Master Ball off, turn items to high. Pick a stage that has music you enjoy listening to, then choose the omega version. 99 stock, level 1 computer. Spam Master Balls, you'll get on average 18ish Mews per game, Mews drop CDs about a third of the time so you'll get around 6 new songs every time you try this. It might help to have something on in the background to entertain yourself while doing this.

Thank goodness...

It's thanks to this site that I was able to get about 16 CD's in one go. One of them was even from Mario Bros 64 World 1-1. :D

This not only saves alot of coins/passes for the Crazy Orders game to get these, but this is to get you to have fun smashing faster. In Brawl, you could easily get them by hitting the Sandbag. Also, CD's that you collect in this game are never the same like with Mii wear!

Still got challenges to do to get the rest of them as well.

Edited by PuffPuff

Serah, they really are nice for help and display! Aren't they like naturally stronger than the average CPU? I've been noticing my Peach's crown slap is stronger than mine, and she's beaten me a couple of times.

Peach and Zelda are especially nice for display. As my brother pointed out, it looks like they're reaching out for each other (when Peach on left, Zelda on right).

Serah, they really are nice for help and display! Aren't they like naturally stronger than the average CPU? I've been noticing my Peach's crown slap is stronger than mine, and she's beaten me a couple of times.

Peach and Zelda are especially nice for display. As my brother pointed out, it looks like they're reaching out for each other (when Peach on left, Zelda on right).

Amiibos in general have more stats than the regular stats of the regular fighters once fully leveled up even if you never gave them any equipment.

Edited by kingddd

They're nice for display but it's like picking a fruit: be carefull on the quality of the Amiibo you pick

And yes, Amiibo have higher damages than regular characters