SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I hate to be the one to criticize their character choice, but why the hell Cloud? If a Final Fantasy character was going to be added, it should have been one that actually originated on a Nintendo console. No love for Retro-FF. No love for Cecil or Terra. >.>

Or maybe some other Square Enix character. Tiz/Agnes, Neku, Sora, come on!

Why did I even bother with spoiler tags if no one else does?

Edited by Nova

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is Cloud's moves that were shown in the trailer? I haven't played Final Fantasy VII yet, but, I am not entirely too sure if he's the Ballot Winner or not, since they haven't said anything about the Ballot in the Direct.

Edited by Tatsumi

I just realized something.

Cloud in Smash means Cloud amiibo.

There will be blood.

So many people will die trying to get the Cloud amiibo.

It's going to get ugly.

Those who desire the amiibo will have to be prepared to face death.

Edited by Water Mage

This is worse than I thought. Not only do they add a character, they added one that is totally irrelevant to Nintendo purely based on pleasing the fanbase. Not a good direction.

Oh well, at least 6 new characters weren't revealed. I will be waiting for December and hope no more characters are released.

This is worse than I thought. Not only do they add a character, they added one that is totally irrelevant to Nintendo purely based on pleasing the fanbase. Not a good direction.

Oh well, at least 6 new characters weren't revealed. I will be waiting for December and hope no more characters are released.

Do you have to be such a whiner all the time?

Adding a character a lot of people want to see and will buy is totally a dumb decision. I'm not even excited about Cloud myself, but I'm not going to act like he was a bad choice.

mgs_game_over_by_zenkonto-d5iobvl.png

^That was my reaction before I saw the end of DLC for smash lol

Well I do agree, it's better that they haven't revealed all the characters in one N-Direct, I would like it if it was simultaneously so each week there would be hype.

I really have no doubts that there is anything preventing Snake from coming back now if Nintendo finds that the votes are enough, (and considering he's one of the most voted characters...) and I now think that pretty much nothing is off-limits, which makes me want Shovel Knight even more.

If there's going to be at most 5 more characters, then I'd say Snake, Wolf, Isaac, Shovel Knight and either Shantae or K.K. Rool, I have no preference on the latter.

If there's going to be at most 5 more characters

well that was random

Do you know if there are going to be at most 5 more characters? Or is it just another number attached to an "if?"

Snake, Wolf, Isaac, Shovel Knight and either Shantae or K.K. Rool, I have no preference on the latter.

Ah, famed veterans. I'd like them back too, yes.

As for Isaac, Shovel Knight, and Shantae, I'm pretty sure they were good contenders for the ballot. I would expect Cloud to be somewhere in the top as well, but not nearly as popular as they were. Maybe my expectations were wrong, or Cloud isn't exactly the ballot winner.

CTpYH0WXIAAfvdq.jpg

In my mind I have Snake & Wolf confirmed. As for the other slots I still haven't decided but I would cry if Raiden, *points to sig*, made it to the roster solely cause he was in PlayStation All-Stars and would perfect the Kojima Duo: Snake & Raiden.

That's my opinion but for the sake of Metroid & DK fans, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the slots was credited to either game-series.

Edited by Slade

Do you know if there are going to be at most 5 more characters? Or is it just another number attached to an "if?"

There was that "6 character limit" nonsense going about, so assuming that's true, that's my guesses/want. 6 - cloud = 5

I wonder what his ternate colors will be. There's the AV costume, but I wonder if Cloud's gonna be like Shulk and have the colors of the party members.

Or maybe he will have the colors of the others final fantasy heroes, like white hair and white clothes for Cecil, green hair and red clothes for Terra and so on...

And perhaps the AV costume will have different colors as well.

but I wonder if Cloud's gonna be like Shulk and have the colors of the party members.

Or maybe he will have the colors of the others final fantasy heroes, like white hair and white clothes for Cecil, green hair and red clothes for Terra and so on...

I fully support this idea

I fully support this idea

The one about the colors being heroes from other games?

I really hoping that's one, but I really like the idea.

That being said however, I'm pretty sure that Cloud will have a Sephiroth color, with silver hair a black clothes.

A Zack color is unlikely, since it would be just Cloud wearing the same clothes but with black hair.

Edited by Water Mage