SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, YOU are missing MY point. Mario and Bowser don't count because they were in the announcement trailer. Only Peach and Luigi remained as unrevealed Mario veterans. As did two FE veterans. And as I also said, Sakurai may be planning on a third FE rep, which I wouldn't be surprised of.

Let me get back to this now that's off from work, it is irrelevant that bowser and mario were shown in the announcement trailer. As you say, afterward, there were two mario characters to be revealed, and two fe veterans. Now, get ready, because this'll be some really difficult mathematics here!

2 out of 4 mario veterans = 50 %

2 out of two fe veterans = 100 %

My point consists of basic mathematical logic, if you are going to refute these percentages, I won't even bother commenting anymore.

How logical would it be to reveal 100% of your franchise cast one after another? Pretty freaking illogical. Seems like I know Sakurai pretty well, because he didn't showcase Ike, instead he showcased someone else. (Same logic can be applied to rosalina, how logical would it be for samurai to reveal Rosalina after Luigi and peach, pretty damn illogical)

Question: Does the bolded statement mean you think we will only ever have 2 Fe characters per Smash game? Because that's pretty stupid.

Edit: and now for something completely different:

QZccFqh.gif

And with that statement I do not mean that I think that we'll get two Fe units again this time, it was only a statement towards the past two smash game, not towards the future of smash. ;) Although i don't care much about Fe reps in brawl. I'll like a third rep, but two seems fine as well.

The problem with Ice Climbers is that Brawl is very defensive, due to the shield mechanics. If they get just one read or you mess up (hey guess what? ssbb players are human too), you lose a stock, period. And that's so bullshit. I want them to return, but I want Sakurai to really test them this time and come up with a way so that no "infinite" chaingrabs work. They could instead be focused on combos from a grab. Much less lethal, but still punishing.

If you hate them, just main Rosalina. You've got a 100-0 matchup in your favor against them. :P

I wouldn't say it's that extreme, even though Rosalina and Luma appear to function well both close together and far apart while Ice Climbers are quite bad when far apart (though I admit Rosalina does have a general advantage over the Ice Climbers). I think Ice Climbers would have the edge in close combat with Rosalina (due to their attack speed and disjointed hitboxes with their hammers), though it'd be quite hard for the Ice Climbers to get up close to her if the Rosalina player is good enough with the Luma.

I want Sakurai to really test them this time and come up with a way so that no "infinite" chaingrabs work. They could instead be focused on combos from a grab. Much less lethal, but still punishing.

I was thinking that disabling the partner Ice Climber from being able to perform any grabs whatsoever would be a good way to prevent infinite chaingrabs. At least that way, they've still got grabbing tricks (like Side Smashing opponents out of a grab or meteor smashing them after grabbing them near the edge) but they aren't anything that would kill at low percentages.

...why do I feel weird suggesting weakening one of my best/favourite Smash characters?

I wouldn't say it's that extreme, even though Rosalina and Luma appear to function well both close together and far apart while Ice Climbers are quite bad when far apart (though I admit Rosalina does have a general advantage over the Ice Climbers). I think Ice Climbers would have the edge in close combat with Rosalina (due to their attack speed and disjointed hitboxes with their hammers), though it'd be quite hard for the Ice Climbers to get up close to her if the Rosalina player is good enough with the Luma.

I was thinking that disabling the partner Ice Climber from being able to perform any grabs whatsoever would be a good way to prevent infinite chaingrabs. At least that way, they've still got grabbing tricks (like Side Smashing opponents out of a grab or meteor smashing them after grabbing them near the edge) but they aren't anything that would kill at low percentages.

...why do I feel weird suggesting weakening one of my best/favourite Smash characters?

That's a great idea. Nana not being able to grab at all would solve the issue completely.

That's a great idea. Nana not being able to grab at all would solve the issue completely.

Shitcanning the Ice Climbers would solve the issue completely.

I'mjustsayin'

Hopefully Samurai and Namco are looking at project M's balance for inspiration. Considering it seems like no one there has a massive advantage

You're getting a little excessive with your hate there Haar. No one else here in the Smash Bros. thread hates on or discourages a character's chances that persistantly. Well, except for shadykid putting down Roy, and I'm so glad we got a break from that.

Hopefully Sakurai and Namco are looking at project M's balance for inspiration. Considering it seems like no one there has a massive advantage

Yeeeahhh... No. I'd rather not have Smash Bros. be designed to cater heavily to the competitive fanbase. Especially if it means having character balance revolve around one on ones instead of free for alls (the latter which is what Smash Bros. is known for and what the majority of people play).

I personally hope Sakurai will never completely cave in to the competitive Smashers (and knowing him, he'll consider all Smash fans rather than them only). Things like no tripping or stage hazard switches? Those are fair enough requests. But making every level tournament fair and boring or focusing solely on multiplayer only and not even bothering with putting in any single player/co-op modes? No thanks. Despite what the majority of people say online, there's actually quite a fair amount of people that enjoyed The Subspace Emissary, myself included.

I didn't ask for one on ones only. I am not much of a competitive smasher. Brawl was a game you could tell characters were behind the curb with items and ffas as well

So don't even throw me in with the stop having fun guys k thanks. I love smash as both a party game And serious fighter

>FFAs

>Balanced

But making every level tournament fair and boring

Since when did fair/balanced = boring? If a stage with no hazards is "boring" then it's the fault of the game and not the stage. In a fast paced game like Melee, I find even so-called "boring" stages like Battlefield, FD, FoD, Dreamland, etc. to be fun due to the hectic nature of the multiplayer.

focusing solely on multiplayer only and not even bothering with putting in any single player/co-op modes? No thanks.

Heaven forbid they put most of their work into the most important part of the game.

Despite what the majority of people say online, there's actually quite a fair amount of people that enjoyed The Subspace Emissary, myself included.

Because SSE was the only single player mode in Brawl, right?

Edit: And before you bring up "well I don't have a lot of people to play with", having a decent online mode would actually solve that.

Edited by shinpichu

SSE wasn't the only single player mode. I loved it honestly too but it ate up so much room of brawls we missed out on more characters, songs etc

But we have classic, all-star, event matches, home run contest, target smash

SSE wasn't the only single player mode. I loved it honestly too but it ate up so much room of brawls we missed out on more characters, songs etc

But we have classic, all-star, event matches, home run contest, target smash

You forgot practice mode.

I would rather have had individual Target tests(and maybe other modes?) back than a story mode comparable to SSE.

I'm pretty sure I know what everybody's answer here will be, but what are your thoughts on possibly removing unlockable characters?

Even though nobody ever uses it.

I use it to practice combos

I would rather have had individual Target tests(and maybe other modes?) back than a story mode comparable to SSE.

I'm pretty sure I know what everybody's answer here will be, but what are your thoughts on possibly removing unlockable characters?

Unlockable characters are a tradition so I want it back. But It wouldent kill me if it were removed

So then everyone should just be available from the beginning? That kind of ruins the suspense

So then everyone should just be available from the beginning? That kind of ruins the suspense

But what if you already know who will be in, and just want to start playing as your favourite character and not have to go through the hassle of playing a mode you may or may not want to in order to be able to use them?

I'm honestly indifferent either way, but I can see the argument of both sides.