SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm really curious as to what Smash related news will be on that Direct. A newcomer reveal like Rosalina/Little Mac? The Wii U/3DS interaction details finally being revealed? The new direction (that they were talking about around E3 2011) they're planning to bring the new game in? Also, around what time will the Direct be for people living in North America?

...maybe I'm being a little too over-optimistic about Rosalina's chances. Though to be fair, they are giving her quite a lot of love and attention ever since Galaxy came out (I mean being a playable character in a mainstream Mario game like 3D World is really big, and now they're even updating Mario Kart Arcade GP DX so that Rosalina is playable in it). Also, they could make her moveset revolve around all of the newer abilities implemented in the Galaxy games and 3D World, since they don't seem to be updating the Mario characters' moves to implement abilities from the newer games.

Or, knowing Sakurai, he'll probably throw a curveball at us by revealing something like:

6t4FNRD.png

...wait... that phrase doesn't even make any sense...

...well, either way, I've got 3 of my 4 best/favourite Smash characters confirmed already (Marth, Mario, and Luigi).

Edited by Randoman

I think those Directs are usually at 9AM PST... if not, it's usually around 7-9 hours, so basically early morning PST.

Hm, hopefully there is another newcomer reveal in there... but I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

my newcomer pick reveal for tommorow is Zelda/Sheik. Yeah, it's the easy pick, but it weird to see a real newcomer this far away from the release. I hope I'm wrong though and we get Shulk.

I would love it if Duck Hunt Dog made it in the game. That would match with my theory that the WTF retros picked are Yokoi's series (Mr. Game and Watch and ROB).

Sakurai revealed Peach right after Luigi, if memory serves. :/

Having two units shown from the same franchise one after another, when there were only two of them to begin with, sounds kinda very implausible… =/

fRfeLfe.jpg

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

This is like my number 2 wanted character I can't contain myself

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand

is that a rainbow road stage?

67325fbf4d28d75a51d1eeb1d7566d74.png

It's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal

Edited by DoofInAHat

quick, somebody hide that from shinpichu

Why? I don't really care about Mario newcomers. I was just hard on people who treated her as some sort of inevitability because she was playable in a Mario game that one time.

Anyway, neat for those legit Rosalina supporters. Also cool to see there's finally a Rainbow Road stage.

Edited by shinpichu

Coolilo. Despite my pessimism to a new Mario character I am happy it was Rosalina. She has the makings of a fun play style and I do quite like her in the Mario verse

The only thing I'm upset about is that for a second I thought we were getting a new Kirby Air Ride, or a Kirby/Mario Kart Crossover.

Don't toy with my emotions like that, Sakurai..... :sob:

I am still hoping for Issac and/or Shulk. My 2 most wanted newcomer's. Rosalina is a nice bit of hype to wait on though :)

And with Project M having Roy already it has made it so that if he doesn't reappear I won't be nearly as sad

Yay, Rosalina! I wasn't exactly expecting her, but I'm happy nonetheless! More female fighters is almost always a good thing and I like her well enough anyways. I just hope this is the last Mario character so that we can save some character slots for other franchises, like Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus. Or maybe even another third party, like Tales....still hoping.... >_<

But that Luma looks soooooooo adorable!!! <3

The only thing I'm upset about is that for a second I thought we were getting a new Kirby Air Ride, or a Kirby/Mario Kart Crossover.

Don't toy with my emotions like that, Sakurai..... :sob:

Every character reveal so far has started with some kind of fake out. This last one was seriously a whole new level of master trolling.

Still loved it, though. I put myself in Rosalina hype mode as soon as the video started, and when I saw the teal-looking shooting star I knew where this was going.

Every character reveal so far has started with some kind of fake out. This last one was seriously a whole new level of master trolling.

That doesn't make it hurt any less....

I WANT KIRBY AIR RIDE 2, DAMMIT!

...it acknowledges Super Mario Galaxy as the greatest game of all time.

That's a funny way of spelling Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. :p

Edit: The best thing to come out of this reveal is that it puts an end to that stupid 4 characters per franchise myth. Though I'm worried her reveal will give more fuel to bandwagon support characters.

Edited by shinpichu

I watched the direct during my break and YES ROSALINA! I'm so maining her. :D

It's not Ike, but I love Rosalina too! And I KNEW she'd be a Mario newcomer! I KNEW IT.

I didn't see this one coming. I didn't think Mario would get another character...how foolish. But yeah, I'm glad Rosalina is in actually. I quite like her design, Mario Galaxy (and Galaxy 2) needed a rep too because they're amazing games. We need more females in smash too, so yeah.

EDIT: Inb4 Dixie Kong next

Edited by PKL