SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like people made up things for him on the spot. I don't recall any instances where he used bombs or his "dance" did anything at all.

I will admit that I probably have a bit of bias against him though. I never liked him at all and always found him creepy and stupid as hell. I never understood the love for him at all.

Edited by Anacybele

That looks like people made up things for him on the spot. I don't recall any instances where he used bombs or his "dance" did anything at all.

He used bombs in Wind Waker and it Freshly-Piccked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. I will admit I can't recall his dance doing anything in the Zelda or Tingle games, though it does random things in his AT appearance in Brawl IIRC. But then again, I haven't played any of the games he's starred in, so I'm not completely qualified to talk about his potential moveset. Though from the looks of things neither have you.

I wonder if the DK series is getting an additional rep...

It's highly likely. DK is one of Nintendo's best selling franchises, so the fact that it only has 2 characters is somewhat odd. Dixie and K. Rool are the most likely IMO.

He used bombs in Wind Waker and it Freshly-Piccked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. I will admit I can't recall his dance doing anything in the Zelda or Tingle games, though it does random things in his AT appearance in Brawl IIRC. But then again, I haven't played any of the games he's starred in, so I'm not completely qualified to talk about his potential moveset. Though from the looks of things neither have you.

It's highly likely. DK is one of Nintendo's best selling franchises, so the fact that it only has 2 characters is somewhat odd. Dixie and K. Rool are the most likely IMO.

Very true...

Although IF a certain Internet rumor has any truth, Cranky Kong might be a possibility.

Very true...

Although IF a certain Internet rumor has any truth, Cranky Kong might be a possibility.

No. Cranky will not get in before Dixie or K. Rool, regardless of his appearance in DKCR.

No. Cranky will not get in before Dixie or K. Rool, regardless of his appearance in DKCR.

... I ... said nothing about it being a definite, merely a possibility.

Besides, my most wanted new DK rep is Pauline, and that's definitely not going to happen. :3

... I ... said nothing about it being a definite, merely a possibility.

Sorry. Didn't mean to snap like that. I've just seen to much "MUH RECENCY" stuff on other sites.

Cranky could happen, but it's very unlikely. Him getting in over Dixie is certainly not happening given that they're both playable in Tropical Freeze. I'd personally still put K. Rool over Cranky in terms of likelihood.

On an unrelated note, 3 MORE DAYS.

On the topic of characters that may be confirmed/deconfirmed, what do people think regarding Rosalina's status? I mean, I thought for sure if she's not playable, she'd be a cameo on the Mario Galaxy level, since she's practically synonymous with those games. Plus, she'd probably be a stage cameo before an Assist Trophy due to that aforementioned fact (similar to how Dialga/Palkia were stage cameos/hazards and not Pokeball Pokemon since Spear Pillar is synonymous with those two Pokemon). Or maybe she is a stage cameo in Mario Galaxy, and they haven't shown her yet.

And regarding the Donkey Kong series, I'd personally prefer King K. Rool over Dixie since he'd help balance things out in terms of the amount of heavyweights and villains compared to lightweights and heroes. Though if Cranky Kong got in and not King K. Rool, I would definitely not object with the lulz to be had regarding playing as an old man and beating people with a cane.

There hasn't been a single "official" movelist for any character. Most of the movelists fans have come up with have come from watching footage of the characters and making inferences. Fans have pieced together a fiarly complete Megaman moveset shortly after E3, so having a Villager moveset already figured out doesn't surprise me.

All three newcomers have fully mapped out movesets made by fans.

Ah, alright. Just wondering since I've been keeping really up to date with SSB4 news, yet I never saw official movesets anywhere.

Sorry. Didn't mean to snap like that. I've just seen to much "MUH RECENCY" stuff on other sites.

Cranky could happen, but it's very unlikely. Him getting in over Dixie is certainly not happening given that they're both playable in Tropical Freeze. I'd personally still put K. Rool over Cranky in terms of likelihood.

On an unrelated note, 3 MORE DAYS.

Ah... it's alright, I forgive you. ^.^

On the topic of characters that may be confirmed/deconfirmed, what do people think regarding Rosalina's status? I mean, I thought for sure if she's not playable, she'd be a cameo on the Mario Galaxy level, since she's practically synonymous with those games. Plus, she'd probably be a stage cameo before an Assist Trophy due to that aforementioned fact (similar to how Dialga/Palkia were stage cameos/hazards and not Pokeball Pokemon since Spear Pillar is synonymous with those two Pokemon). Or maybe she is a stage cameo in Mario Galaxy, and they haven't shown her yet.

And regarding the Donkey Kong series, I'd personally prefer King K. Rool over Dixie since he'd help balance things out in terms of the amount of heavyweights and villains compared to lightweights and heroes. Though if Cranky Kong got in and not King K. Rool, I would definitely not object with the lulz to be had regarding playing as an old man and beating people with a cane.

Ah, alright. Just wondering since I've been keeping really up to date with SSB4 news, yet I never saw official movesets anywhere.

Rosalina... hmm.

I'd love to have a playable Rosalina, but if she appears in her stage or as an assist trophy, that's fine too. :3

I see a lot of people are excited to get MOONED.

Well the fact that Brawl only had one track of MM and there was no stage for it.. While Melee had some was disapointing.

So lol

I'd probably die and revive myself if Rosalina got in, but there's a lot of Mario characters she's gotta out-prioritize.

Anyone would bring ire from the Geno people.

I suppose that is true. ^^;

I'm still hoping for Isaac from Golden Sun with a small but extremely extremely slim hope for Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia for our possible Namco dude but that is as likely as me being able to fly at will

Geno is still a Mario character though.

Mario characters compete with other Mario characters.

Actually, I would have thought that Geno being owned by Square-Enix would make him a third-party character.

After all, Sakurai can't put him in the game unless Square-Enix gives him their permission to do so.

Edited by NinjaMonkey