SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Maybe it's not Mii, but Reggie who's joining the game, there was even a petition for him being in the game :o

I just saw this petition... Dumbest thing ever. I really don't get the Reggie hype ._.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

daily(25).jpg

So the Villager's Lloid rocket has been confirmed to be a special move, which can be either a projectile or a ramming move. That guy is getting more and more confusing the more they reveal about him. I guess his tree growing and chopping move is his side smash then, or maybe... ugh. This guy is giving me a headache trying to find out what move is a special or standard move. I mean, a big chunk of his moves are things that would usually be special moves in the previous three Smash Bros. games, due to their unique properties that standard moves would never have (eg: his slingshot being a projectile move and possibly an back air attack, his shovel burying people and possibly being a down smash).

From Miiverse:

Pic of the day. The Villager's special attack, the Lloid Rocket, is a projectile weapon like no other--you can either launch it or ride on it. When you fire it off, keep pressing the button to hop aboard--you can even control its speed. It's more powerful when you're riding it.

Sounds like a B Forward to me.

Nah. His moveset isn't really confusing.

Jab: Punch-Out punch

Dash Attack: Sapling

FTilt: Umbrella

UTilt: Tree stick thing

DTilt: Weeds

FSmash: Bowling Ball

USmash: Fireworks

DSmash: Shovel

UAir: Turnips

BAir: Slingshot

DAir: Turnips

FAir: ...I don't think we know this yet.

NAir: ...Unknown

Neutral Special: Collect

Side Special: Lloid Rocket

Down Special: Tree

Up Special: Balloons

Edit: Skull Kid confirmed for Assist Trophy!

3c3de5d11f8b0f4de2f21c5f669d4638.png

Edited by DoofInAHat

This will be a great assist trophy. I hope he comes with a crashing moon.

This also happens to be his hand position when calling forth the moon:

final1.jpg

On an unrelated note, this will increase the fans fervor for a Majora's Mask remake. I personally don't see the need for a remake, considering we just got OOT and WW just remade recently, but this will increase calls for a remake.

This will be a great assist trophy. I hope he comes with a crashing moon.

This also happens to be his hand position when calling forth the moon:

final1.jpg

On an unrelated note, this will increase the fans fervor for a Majora's Mask remake. I personally don't see the need for a remake, considering we just got OOT and WW just remade recently, but this will increase calls for a remake.

Funny you mention that:

daily2_zpsd2d10696.jpg

Sakurai

"Pic of the day. Here's a new Assist Trophy--the Skull Kid! I repeat, it's an Assist Trophy, not a new fighter. The characters announced on the website are the fighters!"

Only hours later do I realize that I was beaten to the punch

Edited by Hero-King

Good, I'd rather him be an assist than a playable fighter. Ghirahim or Vaati for Zelda newcomer. :D

None of those are good choices. At this point the only viable Zelda newcomer is Tingle.

Vaati's last shot to be playable was in Brawl. At this point it's too late for him. And Ghirahim? He's this generation's Zant/Midna. Not gonna happen.

None of those are good choices. At this point the only viable Zelda newcomer is Tingle.

Vaati's last shot to be playable was in Brawl. At this point it's too late for him. And Ghirahim? He's this generation's Zant/Midna. Not gonna happen.

I disagree. Ghirahim and Vaati are main villains, the former has a nice fanbase and is recent while the latter is recurring. Tingle is hardly a fighter. All he does is make maps and balloons. He's got nothing for a potential moveset. He's hardly popular either, particularly outside of Japan. This is likely why he was only an assist in Brawl and will likely stay one.

Tingle is hardly a fighter. All he does is make maps and balloons. He's got nothing for a potential moveset.

Before Smash, Fox just piloted an Arwing, Captain Falcon just drove, Zelda was just kidnapped, Shiek just taught warp songs, ZSS could just paralyze opponents, and others wouldn't have been considered fighters before they were added either.

They're main characters that play large roles in their games. Tingle is not one of those. He did get his own game, but it's Japan-only.

Also, the characters you mentioned are still technically fighters too. Tingle doesn't fight. Though neither does the AC Villager, but he obviously had potential moves.

Edited by Anacybele

Ghirahim had one appearance in a recent game. ONE. That does not catapult him to "main character", especially when Zelda does have a small, but notable, reocurring cast.

And again, Vaati missed the boat. He was at the height of his popularity and importance during Brawl's development. Now, he hasn't made a single appearance sine Minish Cap.

They're main characters that play large roles in their games. Tingle is not one of those. He did get his own game, but it's Japan-only.

Lucas deconfirmed then.

And he didn't just get one game, he got three. And one of them was released in Europe. Not to mention that he's been in more Zelda games than Vaati and Ghirahim combined.

Tingle doesn't fight.

Are we still doing this.

Though neither does the AC Villager, but he obviously had potential moves.

And Tingle doesn't?

I kind of assumed Ike had missed the boat by the time Brawl came out tbh

Brawl came out less than a year after RD's release, and had started development by 2005. That's not even a year after PoR's release. Vaati, by contrast, hasn't had a major role in a non-rerelease game since 2005, around the same time Brawl started development.

Their situations aren't similar at all.

I was beginning to wonder if Assist Trophies would return at all. It's good to know that they do. It'll give us the chance to see some of our obscure favourite Nintendo characters in HD. =D

Wait... do you guys think Assist Trophies might be version exclusive between the Wii U and 3DS? That's probably a no (due to how much resources and time that would take), but it would be a pretty neat idea.

Nah. His moveset isn't really confusing.

Jab: Punch-Out punch

Dash Attack: Sapling

FTilt: Umbrella

UTilt: Tree stick thing

DTilt: Weeds

FSmash: Bowling Ball

USmash: Fireworks

DSmash: Shovel

UAir: Turnips

BAir: Slingshot

DAir: Turnips

FAir: ...I don't think we know this yet.

NAir: ...Unknown

Neutral Special: Collect

Side Special: Lloid Rocket

Down Special: Tree

Up Special: Balloons

Where'd you get this list? It seems believable enough and makes sense, but I'm suprised the Smash Wiki hasn't posted anything regarding what moves are mapped to which commands (eg: Slingshot mapped as back air).

I thought the tree would be his standard special and collect would be his down special. I mean, special moves that affect opponents projectiles (like Fox's reflector, Ness' PSI Magnet, and Game & Watch's Oil Panic) are usually mapped as down special moves. Well, either way, we'll know for sure later on.

And now character deconfirmation waves are a-coming.

Where'd you get this list? It seems believable enough and makes sense, but I'm suprised the Smash Wiki hasn't posted anything regarding what moves are mapped to which commands (eg: Slingshot mapped as back air).

Smash Wiki doesn't post move mapping until game's release.

Edited by DoofInAHat

And now character deconfirmation waves are a-coming.

Smash Wiki doesn't post move mapping until game's release.

I hope Takamaru and Dillon won't be among them. Well actually, being Assist Trophies would be better than not being in at all/being plain trophies and stickers. I really don't know what to hope for, since I know both of them are probably long shots. =/

Makes sense. I'm still quite curious as to where you got that list. Or is it your guess as to what Villager's moves are mapped to?

There hasn't been a single "official" movelist for any character. Most of the movelists fans have come up with have come from watching footage of the characters and making inferences. Fans have pieced together a fiarly complete Megaman moveset shortly after E3, so having a Villager moveset already figured out doesn't surprise me.

All three newcomers have fully mapped out movesets made by fans.

My only wishes for not being assist trophies are Palutena, as she's my most wanted newcomer, and King K. Rool, because I think he deserves it the most.

And Tingle doesn't?

No, Tingle doesn't. And Ghirahim is a main villain of the game he's in. I never said he was a main character of the series.

Why are you people arguing with me about this? I'm not going to change my mind. I feel that Ghirahim and Vaati are more likely and more reasonable candidates than Tingle. End of story.

No, Tingle doesn't.

You sure?

The only Zelda characters will be:

Toon Link, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf

You heard it here first.

I'm inclined to agree with you on that point. Really, Zelda and Mario already have all the characters they "need." I'm much more interested in characters from series with little to no current representation in Smash.

Edited by shinpichu