SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Hmm... It's 1:34 AM where I live and there's still no update when it's usually posted between 12:45-1:15 AM most of the time. That usually means a big reveal for the next day...

Nope. It's just Sonic and Booser.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? Can you show me it? Even right now at 10:12 AM local time, it's still showing the Ray Gun pic from yesterday on my computer.

[Edit] I can see it now actually. I wonder why the pic update was delayed for me but not you.

Edited by Randoman

Dunno what you mean a little late, it hadn't been posted here yet.

Does this answer you?

Pic of the day: The Return of the Ray Gun

aPQrBw5.jpg

Sakurai Miiverse Post:

"Pic of the day. Here's the new edition of the Ray Gun. The Smash Bros. mark appears backward because it acts like a stamp. We design the Ray Gun carefully each time to ensure it doesn't look like a real gun."

I'm not sure what Ana's going on about, but this is whats on the site right now

No, it's a picture of the Spirit Tracks stage, with Link jumping to a Dark Train, and Pikachu on the normal train. Not yesterday's picture.

Ah. Okay then. Turns out I just forgot to refresh the page lol. Anyways here it is:

daily_zps5b05a09f.jpg

Edited by Hero-King

You guys had me confused here for a second. :P

Thanks though.

EDIT: The pic isn't showing up for some reason. It just appears as a link. :/

Edited by Anacybele

Would be neato if Earthbound/Mother got a 3rd person but not a PSI user because the people in Ninten, Ness and Lucas's teams weren't all psychics :P

Then again I doubt that will happen. It's really fortunate we have the 2 we have as is

NEW AGE RETRO HIPPIE GROOVES IN TO THE FIGHT

Interesting. Peach's profile on the website has been updated to say "Want to learn more about Peach? Visit the website for Super Mario 3D World!"

So now every veteran since E3 has been tied to some kind of game release for either Wii U or 3DS (FE12 for Marth in Japan, but he has Awakening everywhere else in the world).

For curiosity reasons, here's other already released games for Wii U/3DS that have a veteran attached to them.

Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario - Pokemon X/Y

Diddy Kong - DKC Returns 3D

Falco, Wolf - StarFox 3D

Wario - Game in Wario

Peach and Marth now show that a game doesn't have to be released around the time the character gets announced for Smash. I do think that something involving game advertisements may be part of the method of Sakurai's madness.

I thought Game 'n Wario was NA only though?

Yoshi will soon have a 3DS title too actually, that new Yoshi's Island game that's coming up. Ike will get Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem for Wii U, hopefully. :3

Ok people, the new pic is of the Villager using Turnips

[Hey Vashi you are slaaacking :P]

daily.jpg

Pic of the day. Turnips are used in the Villager's up-air and down-air attacks. Perhaps because the turnip prices fluctuate depending on the day's market, the number of turnips that appear changes every time. How cute.

Since I can't save this pic on these comps the Pic I link here will be the everchanging one

I'd post them but I don't want to clutter my PB with Pic of the Day mirrors

And SF won't let me post the Miiverse pics

Thats fine. Also what do you lot all think of the Villager still having more attacks to show?

I mean we still haven't seen the Kid's FS.. Which I'd like to guess is BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Today's picture of the green bird thing is from Kid Icarus Uprising, right? I haven't played the game so I wouldn't know.

I was also meaning to bring this up a while ago: Sakurai said he had trouble with characters that have multiple character models active simultaneously for the 3DS version (or something similar to that, I can't find an exact source or quote). People have been speculating Ice Climbers might be cut because of that, but wouldn't that be pretty weird if they did that if they already had Olimar working in the 3DS version? I mean, Olimar

can potentially have up to 7 character models simultaneously active (Olimar and 6 Pikmin) while Ice Climbers only has 2 at most.

Thats fine. Also what do you lot all think of the Villager still having more attacks to show?

I mean we still haven't seen the Kid's FS.. Which I'd like to guess is BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

I'm hardly familiar with Animal Crossing, but I'm betting the rest of his attacks will be just as unique and different from traditional Smash Bros. moves as the moves they've already shown. I mean, the Villager's moves are ridiculously different from most characters' moves, especially with things like his shovel that's speculated to be his down smash and the tree growing and chopping move.

Hmm... Bees... Nicolas Cage style... (I think he was the bees guy) I'm all for it. =D

We've only seen Olimar with 3 Pikmin following him, so we don't know the full details of how many models that character has.

Plus the AI for the Ice climbers is much more complex than a Pikmin.

And I don't think the pic is from Kid Icarus.

For reference:

3b6244ed1d3990ee4af80f690e061dc1.png

Edit: Oh. Apparently its the final boss from Find Mii on the 3DS.

Edited by DoofInAHat

We've only seen Olimar with 3 Pikmin following him, so we don't know the full details of how many models that character has.

Plus the AI for the Ice climbers is much more complex than a Pikmin.

And I don't think the pic is from Kid Icarus.

For reference:

3b6244ed1d3990ee4af80f690e061dc1.png

Edit: Oh. Apparently its the final boss from Find Mii on the 3DS.

Ah, true for both points. They may have lowered the amount of Pikmin Olimar can have, since they haven't shown him with more than 3. And the AI for the Ice Climber AI is definitely more complex than the AI for Pikmin. I sure hope the Ice Climbers don't get cut though. They're my 2nd best Smash Bros. characters and I always had a soft spot for the retro characters in Smash Bros. Plus, the Ice Climbers duo mechanic made them the most unique character in Melee, and even in Brawl they're still among the more unique characters of the cast regarding their play style. I'll also miss screaming "I'M SINGLE!!!" during a match every time I lose my partner Ice Climber, if they don't return in SSB4.

So it's from Find Mii? Neat! They sure are going all out when it comes to representing all the different Nintendo games and IPs. I mean, a Pilotwings, Nintendogs, and Wii Fit stage, and now Find Mii bosses. I look forward to seeing how they include and represent other Nintendo IPs that have barely gotten any representation.

Edited by Randoman

:O

Yeah, that really is the Dark Emperor~

Wait a minute here...

Oh damn. Not only is that the final boss of Find Mii (2 if you want to nitpick), but that stage is from his boss battle too. :D