SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're probably right about an upcoming reveal soon Doofina, especially with November 22 coming up and three games being launched on that day. I just wonder if it'll be a Mario or Zelda reveal.

Who would they reveal for Mario though?

Like I guess Yoshi or Wario could work for Mario Party: Island Tour, but Smash doesn't consider them to be Mario characters.

Though I'm all for announcing a Mario newcomer. :P

Like I guess Yoshi or Wario could work for Mario Party: Island Tour, but Smash doesn't consider them to be Mario characters.

The person that's in your icon and that has just been revealed as an unlockable character in the Super Mario game coming out? And who comes from the game this stage is based on.

The stage looks great. I hope for more unique stages like this that use different mechanics.

Nobody expects Tatanga!

Nice looking stage, should be extremely awesome to play. Also I got the chance to play Project M here at Job Corps and its fun as heck. Surprisingly I found myself mostly using Link, Ike and not surprisingly Sonic

I can see Rosalina being a background distraction on that stage.

Who knows? I think people are gonna get some hope for her being playable due to 3D World honestly. Which would be interesting if done but I don't think it will happen

So guys, according to a Nintendo/Smash Bros. community on Deviantart, an interview said that there will be another tag team alongside the Ice Climbers. My gut tells me this means we're getting both Chrom and Lucina or Avatar due to Awakening's pair-up mechanic. It would also condense four FE characters into three slots so Ike could more easily stick around, which is good news for him.

There are certainly other possibilities, like Plusle and Minun from Pokemon or the baby Mario Bros., but I think Chrom and Lucina/Avatar are the most likely and most reasonable candidates.

Edited by Anacybele

Plusle and Minun (according to those who hacked Brawl) were planned to be an Ice Climbers like duo.

Also Chrom/Lucina or Chrom/Avatar I think would do the whole pair up deal or they will just throw Chrom in, if they want someone from Awakening. Not too sure now considering Marth is the advertiser for Awakening as of now.

Uh, why would they use them when Mario and Luigi are already individual characters? :/

Marth IS being used to advertise Awakening, but I still think Chrom and Lucina/Avatar are more likely than any other pair.

Ah, yeah, two Avatars, one male and one female is certainly possible too. Though since we've already got both genders of Wii Fit Trainers and one gender of Animal Crossing villager, that might be overdoing it a bit.

Edited by Anacybele

Plusle and Minun (according to those who hacked Brawl) were planned to be an Ice Climbers like duo.

Correction: there was an empty character folder named pra_mai on the Brawl disc that is speculated to be Plusle and Minun. However, there are several problems with pra_mai being Plusle and Minun. For one, the Ice climbers(the other duo character) are both stored as seperate characters(i.e. one folder for Nana, and one for Popo). Additionally, the names are not romanized properly(Plusle and Minun's japanese names are romanized as "Prasle" and "Minun", not "Mainan" or something).

Just fyi.

So guys, according to a Nintendo/Smash Bros. community on Deviantart, an interview said that there will be another tag team alongside the Ice Climbers.

Source?

And it could very well be Sakurai revisiting the Diddy/Dixie tag-team he had planned for Brawl.

I wouldn't mind Diddy and Dixie Kong as a duo. I think Diddy fans might be disappointed because he was solid as a solo character but it would be really cool if they tagged in and out like they do in the games so you can switch your primary control but have two fighters at once on-screen.

I wouldn't mind Diddy and Dixie Kong as a duo. I think Diddy fans might be disappointed because he was solid as a solo character but it would be really cool if they tagged in and out like they do in the games so you can switch your primary control but have two fighters at once on-screen.

It may annoy the King K Rool fans too, because he is currently [According to Smash Boards anyways] like the 3rd most wanted character currently unless it changed since I last saw said pool.

It may annoy the King K Rool fans too, because he is currently [According to Smash Boards anyways] like the 3rd most wanted character currently unless it changed since I last saw said pool.

He's the 2nd, barely ahead of Ridley.

And they're losing to Mewtwo FYI, so you might even say he's the most wanted newcomer.

Also Chrom/Lucina or Chrom/Avatar I think would do the whole pair up deal or they will just throw Chrom in, if they want someone from Awakening. Not too sure now considering Marth is the advertiser for Awakening as of now.

Uh, why would they use them when Mario and Luigi are already individual characters? :/

Marth IS being used to advertise Awakening, but I still think Chrom and Lucina/Avatar are more likely than any other pair.

Marth only advertises for Awakening internationally. In Japan's Marth's page advertise for FE12. So it's just Sakurai being a good company man international more than anything. My guess is you can't advertise for FE11 because it's probably out of print basically, while FE12 is still going strong in Japan.

I think Chrom and Avatar is the most likely. Avatar and Avatar makes no sense, Avatar plus Morgan is more likely. I personally would prefer Chrom and Lucina. Lucina and Avatar would actually be a little weird to me without Chrom.

As for other options, I don't see plusle/minum combination, as I can't imagine the Pokemon company advocating that pairing. Maybe a trainer like N and a Pokemon? Trying to think out of the box. I'm all for a Diddy and Dixie combination. On a completely unrelated note, I just got DKCR for the Wii, since it was cheaper than the getting 3ds version. Pretty good game. Im disappointed I didn't get it when it came out.

Source?

And it could very well be Sakurai revisiting the Diddy/Dixie tag-team he had planned for Brawl.

The community didn't give the source as far as I could see. I'm not sure why. :/

Edited by Anacybele

The community didn't give the source as far as I could see. I'm not sure why. :/

I meant link for where you heard it.

But if they're not giving up a source I'd be sceptical.

Not sure where Doofina found this but..

http://gyazo.com/ea02359adae163d9f5a1f2e4540aa3d8

Fake? Legit? Who Knows

Fake. A user named splat on Smashboards pointed out inconsistencies in the images.

comparison_zpsf06f6d06.jpg

He also tried his hand at making a fake of his own.