SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is random but can anyone else see Groose from SS being in the game? He could also use Ganodorf's move set.

No, not really. I could see him being a stage hazard if there was a second SS stage (but in all likelihood it will probably be a WW stage).

Thanks for the interview.

I saw it, it's nothing special, imo. xP

I want Ike next, Sakurai. D: Though Zelda is most likely to be shown next because a new Zelda just came out. :P

Well, since Jedi's busy I may as well post the daily pics for him!

True... since we seem to have all the Mario - no, we don't. [/mistaken]

Bowser! That's definitely a possibility as well.

Bowser is there. lol

We have all the Mario characters now unless Sakurai has a newcomer up his sleeve. Which would probably be Rosalina given her playable appearance in 3D World. :P

This seems to be the picture of the day!

daily.jpg

Next SSB crack ship, ahoy.

Okay maybe I'm just insane but Marth's face looks way too much like Lucina. At first I thought it was just the hair but it seems to be his actual face. >_> It's kind of weird...

Bowser is there. lol

We have all the Mario characters now unless Sakurai has a newcomer up his sleeve. Which would probably be Rosalina given her playable appearance in 3D World. :P

... Because he was there like the first goddamn day, Vashi stop talking.

>.< Like, fuck. How did I forget that.

So yeah, most likely Zelda.

I'm expecting a Hilda palette swap for her.

Which would probably be Rosalina given her playable appearance in 3D World. :P

Seriously, I can list of 4 or 5 Mario characters that would be better picks for being playable in Smash 4 than Rosalina.

Edited by shinpichu

As much as I WOULD love to see Rosalina in SSB... she's still a fairly new character and hasn't been around for nearly as long as some like Toad, the Boos, the Hammer Bros, etc.

And even though I kind of hate berating one of my favorites... I'd prefer she were as assist trophy or a hazard/companion on her stage.

... You know what WOULD be interesting though? Pauline.

Roy's game wasn't even released, IIRC, when he appeared in Melee

From the Mario series I kind would want Fawful, he would be a good representant of the Mario and Luigi games. But I find it very unlikely to happen.

Edited by Darkness

Yes, he doesn't really exist in the Mario universe. He only exists in the sports games and other things like that.

By "Mario Universe" I assume you mean "platformers." Explain to me how him being in pretty much ever Mario sport, Kart, and Party game since his debut makes him less worthy than a character who has precisely 6 appearances since her debut.

But who/what are the other ones? I'm curious.

Toad, Bowser Jr., and Paper Mario. Arguably Dr. Mario as well.

I'm not really a fan of any of the potential Mario newcomers(except perhaps Toad, but yeah, that's not happening), but I don't think it should be controvertial to say that most of the characters I listed are more deserving than Rosalina.

Roy's game wasn't even released, IIRC, when he appeared in Melee

Right...

But I mean, I just feel it wouldn't be right, to skip out on some of the other, older characters like that.

Although a Toad assist trophy where a bunch of random Toads throughout the game appear like Wolley, Yvan, Toadsworth, Toadette, and Captain Toad and do... whatever, would actually y'know, hopefully appear the Toad fans a bit...

By "Mario Universe" I assume you mean "platformers." Explain to me how him being in pretty much ever Mario sport, Kart, and Party game since his debut makes him less worthy than a character who has precisely 6 appearances since her debut.

Toad, Bowser Jr., and Paper Mario. Arguably Dr. Mario as well.

I'm not really a fan of any of the potential Mario newcomers(except perhaps Toad, but yeah, that's not happening), but I don't think it should be controvertial to say that most of the characters I listed are more deserving than Rosalina.

... Wait. Bowser Jr.?

He's had more main-game appearances than Rosy, sure, but overall hasn't he actually had LESS appearances than he? Unless I'm counting wrong?

Er, I'm sorry, but I can't agree that any of those choices are better than Rosalina. Toad serves little importance in the series and is already Peach's move. Bowser Jr. would just be a lighter clone of his father for the most part. Waluigi, as stated before, doesn't exist anywhere but sports, kart, and party games. Dr. Mario is a Mario clone. Rosalina is recent, popular, and has now gotten a playable appearance in a mainstream Mario game and she was an important character in Super Mario Galaxy. She could also be differentiated from Peach by using her wand, star spin, etc.

I'd prefer Daisy over her, but I still admit Rosalina is more likely now.

Edited by Anacybele