SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Just me or is Sakurai purposely showing Link as an example of having priority over people to show he isn't as poor as in Brawl I mean he was super low in Brawls tiers. And decent in Melee.

If Link is more like Project M/Melee I'd consider him for my main considering he fits my style of play alot. I've been using him since 64 because of that but he never soared to the top of my list. Until Project M, now if Sakurai has truly improved on him like he is showing. It just may be here too

Who else will Sakurai exhibit as a skillful archer, Jed? Zelda? :smug:

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of tiers, if Ike is sticking around, he'll need a little revamping as well because he was also in the lower tiers in Brawl (though higher up than Link lol). Ike would've probably been better had Sakurai not chosen to scrap Ragnell's projecitle attack. Bring it in this time, that sword isn't really Ragnell without the awesome shockwave attack! Just dumb it down some like Aether was. xP

As for Link, I think his recovery needs improved, his arrows should be a bit stronger, and add the Skyward Strike to his arsenal of attacks. :D

Who else will Sakurai exhibit as a skillful archer, Jed? Zelda? :smug:

Yes due to her final smash, and of course Toon Link. Maybe Chrom/Lucina (If one of them appears) if they get attributes of their class changes in their moveset

Edited by Jedisupersorry

Speaking of tiers, if Ike is sticking around, he'll need a little revamping as well because he was also in the lower tiers in Brawl (though higher up than Link lol). Ike would've probably been better had Sakurai not chosen to scrap Ragnell's projecitle attack. Bring it in this time, that sword isn't really Ragnell without the awesome shockwave attack! Just dumb it down some like Aether was. xP

As for Link, I think his recovery needs improved, his arrows should be a bit stronger, and add the Skyward Strike to his arsenal of attacks. :D

Sorry, Sakurai is too busy putting all the good attributes in Marth making him a much more superior character than the other swordsmen bar Metaknight. Yet people still play Ike more. I agree though, Ike needs some minor buffs however, I'd rather much see Link, Zelda or Jigglypuff buffs.

Edited by SlipperySlippy

Sorry, Sakurai is too busy putting all the good attributes in Marth making him a much more superior character than the other swordsmen bar Metaknight. Yet people still play Ike more. I agree though, Ike needs some minor buffs however, I'd rather much see Link, Zelda or Jigglypuff buffs.

Haha lol, no. I seem to recall Sakurai saying he wanted to focus on balancing the game more.

Ike changes I'd make would be mostly speed, I think Project M is a good example again. I did main Ike in Brawl though along with Marth (due to his simliarty to Roy but I got tired of him eventually) Mario and Lucario

Ike doesn't need more speed, imo. Maybe a little bit, but not much, otherwise he'd be just as broken as Metaknight due to how powerful some of his attacks are. Namely that forward A smash and Eruption. o.o

Ike doesn't need more speed, imo. Maybe a little bit, but not much, otherwise he'd be just as broken as Metaknight due to how powerful some of his attacks are. Namely that forward A smash and Eruption. o.o

True, that's why I'd buff his speed and slightly lower his power, originally he was going to throw Ragnell (Like people do in Awakening) but Sakurai decided to change it into Eruption. I'm curious if we'll see it this time.

Going back to mains for a moment. I'm going to try (again) to main Sonic my favorite video game character of all time. Will I be successful? Who knows. I don't even know who my mains will be in this game, I like playing as quite a few smash characters in the various games.

I'll still be continuing tradition by playing as Mario first. I did it in 64, Melee, Brawl and Project M.

Edited by Jedisupersorry

Haha lol, no. I seem to recall Sakurai saying he wanted to focus on balancing the game more.

I was clearly being sarcastic... In all seriousness, Ike shouldn't be a priority for buffs, but he should definitely get some. Pretty sad how Marth is better than him in a variety of aspects, not that I mind LOL.

Going back to mains for a moment. I'm going to try (again) to main Sonic my favorite video game character of all time. Will I be successful? Who knows. I don't even know who my mains will be in this game, I like playing as quite a few smash characters in the various games.

I personally main Ice Climbers and will be going on to Sonic in the Wii U/3DS game, so good luck to you man!
I might also try Snake if he returns, seen some pretty insane stuff with him.
Edited by SlipperySlippy

B-but Ike is a strong, bulky hero, just look at him in FE10. At least, speed doesn't suit him well, though we never know what'll happen.

Sakurai plz, cut Ike and make Miccy and Lucina in bwahaha

Concerning mains, I'd go for Rosalina & Luma, Zelda and probably Marth. Though if Shulk or any Xenoblade or The Last Story chars manage to get int, I'll definitely go for them :awesome:

Sakurai plz, cut Ike and make Miccy and Lucina in bwahaha

No, he should instead put Priam since he would be representing both Awakening and the Tellius games

As for mains, I'm waiting for other characters, but Luigi, and anything with a sword is a must :V

Villager will probably be all the funsies too

pls, put Hawlucha to represent the Gen VI of pokemon, Sakurai

I'll probably go back to maining Pit, Marth, and occasionally Link or Zelda, but I'm so excited to try out everyone who is new and the revamped movesets of returning characters. I hope to be able to try maining Villager or Rosalina; they look like they have such cool movesets! :D

My mains for SSB4 will probably be the same as Melee and Brawl: Marth, Ice Climbers, Mario, and Luigi. I use quite a few other characters as well, but those 4 are the ones I use most.

I'm a bit disappointed that the Ice Climbers weren't revealed yesterday, but all in good time, I guess. Plus, having 3 of my 4 mains revealed already is still awesome.

I'll still be continuing tradition by playing as Mario first. I did it in 64, Melee, Brawl and Project M.

Heh, I thought I was the only one who followed that tradition. Good to know I'm not alone.

If there's another Best Buy Nintendo E3 event, I might break that tradition if Rosalina or another newcomer I'm interested in is playable (since the line-up is insanely long and I only got to try out one demo of Super Mario 3D World last time). Then again, I could hopefully join in on someone else's demo time for SSB4 if they're okay with it (I'd allow other people to join on mine for Smash Bros.) and get to try out all the demo characters that interest me, both veteran and newcomer.

Mario is one of my main fighters, and has been. I just hate Fludd :/ (Irony in the fact that Sunshine is my favorite 3D Mario and when it gets something in smash I ended up disliking it)

Mains

64: Mario, Link, Ness

Melee: Roy, Mario, Falco (Peach as my main until friends and family literally banned me from her)

Brawl: Marth, Ike, Mario

Project M: Roy, Link, Sonic

In terms of my mains, I'll be maining Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina. Maybe I'll keep a three-game streak going with maining Peach. If Palutena gets in though, I'm maining her.

Marth is literally Sakurai's best designed character. Good flow, moves are fluid, feels natural, his moves look majestic, etc.

And like everything well designed in Smash, he was better in Melee.

##shotsfired

Oh yeah definitely, but he was better in Melee.

(I feel like I should specify that I don't have anything against Brawl or think it's obviously inferior to Melee, it's just that opportunity was too good to pass up)

Marth tiers very similarly in both games despite move adjustments. His neutral B has nice forward momentum in Brawl and comes out fast. Marth being worse is entirely due to Brawl being a looser game.

Also, Ike may not tier well in tournaments but he is incredible for casual party play with 4-players. In the hands of someone who doesn't know how to play, they are pretty much guaranteed KOs with his forward smash. They could tweak Ike to be faster and less powerful but I kinda like him how he is in Brawl.

Edited by Samias

I'm sticking with who I mained in Brawl if Ike sticks around (which he better or I'll be sad. He's still my favorite game character next to Luigi, after all. D:), which were him and Luigi with Marth and Toon Link second. But I'll be adding Rosalina to that list too. :3

Of course, I'll use Keldeo, and Ghirahim and/or Vaati if any of them get in too. They're my most wanted newcomers right now, so. :P

True, that's why I'd buff his speed and slightly lower his power, originally he was going to throw Ragnell (Like people do in Awakening) but Sakurai decided to change it into Eruption. I'm curious if we'll see it this time.

Ugh, I hope Sakurai doesn't make Ike throw Ragnell. That wasn't the original thing, the shockwave was! >.> The shockwave could realistically be weaker than throwing the sword itself too.

And if Sakurai wants to keep Ike as the slowish heavy powerhouse he is, he should definitely use the RD model. It would fit better with that profile.

Also going to agree with Anacybelle on the Shockwave thing. Throwing swords is just stupid anyways IMO. Honestly, I wish they didn't make Aether so lame, it got totally shafted from being the best Mastery skill to some lame ass recovery that doesn't even help me recover half of the time.

Marth tiers very similarly in both games despite move adjustments. His neutral B has nice forward momentum in Brawl and comes out fast. Marth being worse is entirely due to Brawl being a looser game.

Also, Ike may not tier well in tournaments but he is incredible for casual party play with 4-players. In the hands of someone who doesn't know how to play, they are pretty much guaranteed KOs with his forward smash. They could tweak Ike to be faster and less powerful but I kinda like him how he is in Brawl.

That's true. I don't want Ike to be faster and less powerful, I want him to be easier to maneuver and just as powerful, if that makes any sense.

Oh man, Ike is beast in multiplayer. XD

I remember knocking out two people in a row with only that forward A smash and winning the match as a result once. lol

It's because Ike's giant powerful hitbox is harder to avoid when you're trying to pay attention to more than one player at a time.

And the character everyone was expecting to get cut didn't. Welcome back Lucario!

b2e32994e32efd7bf08c1d1d203bebcf.png

Pic of the day. The heroic Aura Pokémon, Lucario, joins the battle!! We've increased the influence of Aura this time, so a damaged Lucario is truly a force to be reckoned with. Lucario joined the battle for the first time in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which was released six years ago. The production staff of Brawl worked really hard to expand the character roster--without their efforts, Lucario probably never would have joined the battle.

dat last sentence

Edited by Athena