SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard not to make an argument heated when you're listening to the 1812 overture. :p

Edit: Plus ZX is my favourite Megaman sub-series, so it really rustles my jimmies to see people who obviously don't know much about the series act like they do.

I was merely pointing out that Model X wasn't based on the original Mega Man because that was what I assumed you were going for with your objection to EmeraldFox's statement. Because a definition of Mega Man that is exclusively used in the ZX series can impossibly be used to explain the lack of the characters that you mentioned in a listing of characters which are directly based on the original DLN-001.

Of course I could be wrong and the ZX definition of Mega Man really was what Emerald meant.

But if so, what makes you think that EmeraldFox meant the definition of Mega Man from the ZX setting when he explained to you that none of the characters that you listed as suposedly "missing" aren't actually Megaman?

I mean, how could he possible have meant it that way when all the characterts in the Final Smash have in common that they are the counterpart of the original Mega Man of their respective series and that the term "Megaman" in ZX is merely what the chosen ones that can use Biometal are called? Biometals which are based on the Megaman Zero cast and not on the original Mega Man like all the other characters that are present during the Final Smash are?

Edited by BrightBow

I was merely pointing out that Model X wasn't based on the original Mega Man because that was what I assumed you were going for with your objection to EmeraldFox's statement. Because a definition of Mega Man that is exclusively used in the ZX series can impossibly be used to explain the lack of the characters that you mentioned in a listing of characters which are directly based on the original DLN-001.

Of course I could be wrong and the ZX definition of Mega Man really was what Emerald meant.

But if so, what makes you think that EmeraldFox meant the definition of Mega Man from the ZX setting when he explained to you that none of the characters that you listed as suposedly "missing" aren't actually Megaman?

I mean, how could he possible have meant it that way when all the characterts in the Final Smash have in common that they are the counterpart of the original Mega Man of their respective series and that the term "Megaman" in ZX is merely what the chosen ones that can use Biometal are called?

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say here.

Also, if the definition of Megaman is "counterpart of the original Mega Man in their series", then Model (Z)X, Model A, AND Zero would all be considered Mega Men by virtue of being their series primary protagonists.

Biometals which are based on the Megaman Zero cast and not on the original Mega Man like all the other characters that are present during the Final Smash are?

I must have missed the part where Axl was in MMZ.

Also, since Model X was based on X, who was based on the original MM, doesn't that make Model X indirectly based on the original Mega Man?

Don't forget about Model a as well.

Edited by shinpichu

Im surprised that nobody didnt mention that Greninja's FS is also the same as Decapre's ultra from USF4

that's because nobody cares about Decapre in USF4

Edited by shinpichu

Except they are. Well, Vent/Aile and Grey/Ashe are anyway.

Except they aren't. You said you can see why Zero isn't there, correct? Then you should see why the protagonists from the ZX games aren't there, because they aren't Megaman. Unless someone like Knightman is Megaman now or something. Is Harpuia Megaman now, too? What about Leviathan? Swordman must be Megaman too, then. Vent/Aile may get the X Biometal first, but they still aren't Megaman. I don't think Grey/Ashe even get anything based on X.

Except they aren't. You said you can see why Zero isn't there, correct? Then you should see why the protagonists from the ZX games aren't there, because they aren't Megaman. Unless someone like Knightman is Megaman now or something. Is Harpuia Megaman now, too? What about Leviathan? Swordman must be Megaman too, then. Vent/Aile may get the X Biometal first, but they still aren't Megaman. I don't think Grey/Ashe even get anything based on X.

Did you even follow the link?

Zero isn't a Mega Man, I will grant you. But Vent, Aile, Grey, and Ashe are all Mega Men, BY THE DEFINITION OF WHAT IT IS TO BE A MEGA MAN IN THE ZX SERIES.

This isn't a matter of them being a Mega Man because they have a "Man" in their names. Vent and Aile are called "Mega Man Model X" or "Mega Man Model ZX" when Megamerged, and Grey/Ashe are called "Mega Man Model A" when they are Megamerged.

None of the other characters you listed are Mega Men because they are never called Mega Man.

Edited by shinpichu

Did you even follow the link?

Zero isn't a Mega Man, I will grant you. But Vent, Aile, Grey, and Ashe are all Mega Men, BY THE DEFINITION OF WHAT IT IS TO BE A MEGA MAN IN THE ZX SERIES.

This isn't a matter of them being a Mega Man because they have a "Man" in their names. Vent and Aile are called "Mega Man Model X" or "Mega Man Model ZX" when Megamerged, and Grey/Ashe are called "Mega Man Model A" when they are Megamerged.

None of the other characters you listed are Mega Men because they are never called Mega Man.

I've done better, I played the games. And I followed the link.

Anyway, those four(Vent, Aile, Grey and Ashe) may be referred to as 'Mega Men' but the aren't Mega Man. It doesn't have anything to do with 'Man' at the end of their names. In case you forgot I listed Harpuia and Levaiathan too. You saw why Zero isn't part of Mega Man's final Smash, you should see why those four aren't there either, because they aren't Mega Man or directly based on him. It kind of sounds like you're sour because a few characters from a side series isn't represented, but that's another thing. Also, stop yelling.

Cuts I think might happen: Jigglypuff and/or Mewtwo, Ike, Wolf, Snake.

I think Lucas will be safe. I'm most worried for Ike and the Pokémon, which saddens me, because I love all three of them and previously considered both Jigglypuff and Mewtwo shoe-ins. Somehow I think Wolf is the least likely of those five to be cut. I think I once read he was a personal favourite of Sakurai's and he did squeeze into Brawl last-minute after all. As for Snake, I just got a feeling seeing Sheik randomly inherit his grenades. It could be irrelevant though, but I also expect Pac-Man and four third-party characters seems like a bit much.

I've done better, I played the games. And I followed the link.

Anyway, those four(Vent, Aile, Grey and Ashe) may be referred to as 'Mega Men' but the aren't Mega Man. It doesn't have anything to do with 'Man' at the end of their names. In case you forgot I listed Harpuia and Levaiathan too. You saw why Zero isn't part of Mega Man's final Smash, you should see why those four aren't there either, because they aren't Mega Man or directly based on him. It kind of sounds like you're sour because a few characters from a side series isn't represented, but that's another thing. Also, stop yelling.

I'm not yelling, I'm typing :p

Why wouldn't I be sour when my favourite sub-series in the Mega Man franchise is getting ignored for no good reason?

And by your criteria, none of the other Mega Men in the FS are Mega Man either, so they shouldn't be there either. Seems to me that the only thing distinguishing the ZX Mega Men from the others is "they aren't blue enough."

(For the record: I like the Final Smash. If I didn't, it wouldn't be a part of my sig. I'm just a bit miffed at the lack of ZX representation....though hopefully that will change!)

I'm not yelling, I'm typing :p

Why wouldn't I be sour when my favourite sub-series in the Mega Man franchise is getting ignored for no good reason?

And by your criteria, none of the other Mega Men in the FS are Mega Man either, so they shouldn't be there either. Seems to me that the only thing distinguishing the ZX Mega Men from the others is "they aren't blue enough."

(For the record: I like the Final Smash. If I didn't, it wouldn't be a part of my sig. I'm just a bit miffed at the lack of ZX representation....though hopefully that will change!)

Actually the most important thing preventing them from being Mega Man other than them not being Mega Man is that three of the four are actually human. Grey is Grey.

To be honest I want Tails to be in this game, but he's a long shot so eh. Also, what's with people saying Mewtwo is being cut when he wasn't in Brawl. Another thing, I think Jigglypuff will be safe.

Actually the most important thing preventing them from being Mega Man other than them not being Mega Man is that three of the four are actually human. Grey is Grey.

Mega Man from Star Force confirmed for not a Mega Man, since he's a fusion of a human named Geo Stelar and an alien named Omega-Xi's. Much like the Mega Men of the ZX series I might add.

Looks like I'm not the only one losing hope for Ike.

Just...I see no reason why he should be cut. He wasn't just an advertisement like Roy, nor was he only a one-time deal in FE. He was the star of two games. And he got a lot of references in Awakening. He's very important in FE, the most important character after Marth, as I said. Sakurai should just do three FE reps this time, Marth, Ike, and Chrom or Avatar. Awakening boosted the series' popularity, and if Star Fox, a series that's been dead awhile, can have three reps in Brawl, FE is definitely allowed.

Please keep Ike, Sakurai, PLEASE. :(

Edited by Anacybele

He's very important in FE, the most important character after Marth, as I said.

his game sold shit and he's standard main character fare

i know you keep saying that he's super important to fe but you never really back this up with facts, just your opinion

i can't see what makes ike so special other than he got a few more references in awakening than other lords did, probably because his games were the most recent after marth's.

i'm not going to respond if you respond to this, just pointing out that you always make a big deal over ike when he's really not that important to the fe franchise.

Mega Man from Star Force confirmed for not a Mega Man, since he's a fusion of a human named Geo Stelar and an alien named Omega-Xi's. Much like the Mega Men of the ZX series I might add.

I actually haven't followed the Star Force series, so thanks for clearing that up. But the folks from ZX aren't Mega Man regardless.

Cuts I think might happen: Jigglypuff and/or Mewtwo, Ike, Wolf, Snake.

I think Lucas will be safe. I'm most worried for Ike and the Pokémon, which saddens me, because I love all three of them and previously considered both Jigglypuff and Mewtwo shoe-ins. Somehow I think Wolf is the least likely of those five to be cut. I think I once read he was a personal favourite of Sakurai's and he did squeeze into Brawl last-minute after all. As for Snake, I just got a feeling seeing Sheik randomly inherit his grenades. It could be irrelevant though, but I also expect Pac-Man and four third-party characters seems like a bit much.

I don't think they'll cut Jiggz; pretty sure they'll keep all of the original 12. Don't think they'll cut Wolf either. He's pretty relevant in Fox's games isn't he? I thought Ike had high chance of being replaced with Chrom and/or Lucina before but seeing as how Lucario is still in I'm not sure anymore. Agreed on Mewtwo, Lucario existing throws him out the window imo. I hope Snake is still in... I don't see any reason why he'd be cut. Or any characters aside from the pokemon really.

Removing transforming is kinda disappointing for Zelda/Sheik and the pokemon (really liked the 2/3 for 1 going on with them) but it'll work out to be good for the pokemon since that'll obviously eliminate fatigue.

his game sold shit and he's standard main character fare

i know you keep saying that he's super important to fe but you never really back this up with facts, just your opinion

i can't see what makes ike so special other than he got a few more references in awakening than other lords did, probably because his games were the most recent after marth's.

i'm not going to respond if you respond to this, just pointing out that you always make a big deal over ike when he's really not that important to the fe franchise.

If Ike isn't anything special, then why was he even in Brawl? Ike is the only lord besides Marth that even got a starring role in two games. And as you said, he got more references in Awakening than other lords, except for again, Marth. These are facts, not opinions.

Ike is an important character in FE but not so important that cutting him would be unthinkable. The same holds true of every FE lord, really, with the exception of Marth- that's just the way the series is

Well, I'm still praying that he stays, and if he doesn't, I won't be getting either version of the game. But not solely because Ike would be cut, as even if he isn't, there's little about SSB4 so far that really interests me, like I said earlier in the thread.

Ike is the only lord besides Marth that even got a starring role in two games.

Leif/Leaf exists. He's in two games, he's important, so he should be added. Why not?

Ike was only popular because he was put in Brawl.

Edited by Tryhard

Leif/Leaf exists. He's in two games, he's important, so he should be added. Why not?

Ike was only popular because he was put in Brawl.

Starring role in two games. I don't believe Leif is the main character in any game except Thracia.

And exactly, Ike has a fairly large fanbase now thanks to Brawl. He also got me to play FE and I'm sure the same holds true for plenty of others that might have missed out on Melee for whatever reason.

Edited by Anacybele

Starring role in two games. I don't believe Leif is the main character in any game except Thracia.

I didn't know Ike was the certain main character in FE10. And yeah, you'll just say starring role, because fuck it, let's just make up the rules, right?

And exactly, Ike has a fairly large fanbase now thanks to Brawl. He also got me to play FE and I'm sure the same holds true for plenty of others that might have missed out on Melee for whatever reason.

Doesn't change the fact that he only became popular because of an external force.

Edited by Tryhard

I didn't know Ike was the certain main character in FE10. And yeah, you'll just say starring role, because fuck it, let's just make up the rules, right?

I didn't know it mattered whether I said starring role or main character. :/

Doesn't change the fact that he only became popular because of an external force.

Doesn't change the fact that popularity is popularity, regardless of how it came to be.