SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say, how about Risen for enemies in Smash Run?

Risen seems accurate in what we might get, IF we get anything.

As for soldiers. I doubt they're going to be affiliated with any one nation from any specific continent. Most likely to just be generic

Edited by The King

daily.jpg

Pic of the day. Here's a new item that we've thrown in--the boomerang. As you'd guess, it'll fly back into your hands after you throw it, and if you keep catching it, its attack power grows with each throw! However, opponents can nab the boomerang out of the air, so it might be an easier item to use in Smash Run.

I'm gotten very familiar with this item in Mario Kart 8 in only 3 days. It's a good thing in Smash Bros. you won't have to worry about seeing the boomerang fly out in front of you out of nowhere from behind, either taking a direct hit or becoming nervous at how close it was to hitting you.

Then that would be noon my time (eastern US timezone). Got it. ^^

Also, the boomerang, cool! So many new Zelda items though. Would be nice if we had more of a balance, but oh well. Zelda has cool stuff!

Edited by Anacybele

Uh, Ana, it's not the LoZ boomerang. It's the boomerang the Boomerang Bros. use in the Mario games. At least, I'm pretty sure.

Edited by Konnor97

Then that would be noon my time (eastern US timezone). Got it. ^^

Also, the boomerang, cool! So many new Zelda items though. Would be nice if we had more of a balance, but oh well. Zelda has cool stuff!

That's the Mario Boomerang though...

Looks like the blue ALttP boomerang to me. Mario ones also have white tips. This one doesn't. Boomerangs were always more of a Zelda staple anyway.

A good chunk of the boomerang's tip is obscured by that explosion effect, so it's possible it's the Mario Boomerang. If it were from LoZ I'd imagine it's take inspiration from the ALBW Boomerang, which is either yellow or blue with dark spots on the ends.

Though who knows. Honestly it's hard to tell.

I was thinking, what kinds of Items could come from Fire Emblem? The Hammer would be great, but Dedede and the Golden Hammer handle it already. Maybe a free-moving Pegasus?

I was thinking the Vulnerary, Rapier, and Rewarp Staff. Vulnerary would heal 20% damage. The Rapier would be used to stab and the tip of the blade does the most damage. The Rewarp Staff would allow the user to warp across the stage a maximum of three times.

As for the boomerang, it doesn't really MATTER which series it came from lol. Zelda was just what came to mind for me. :P

It's not one of the Zelda Boomerangs, as others have pointed out. There's only one sold blue boomerang in the series game art, that being the original Legend of Zelda's Magic Boomerang, and I have no reason to believe that they would use such an old version of the design.

Also, It's a little hard to tell in the screenshot, but there's a white stripe on the side hitting the male Wii Fit Trainer, just like the one from the Mario games ~o3o~

EDIT: Ah, that's what I get for leaving the page open for too long without refreshing DX

As for Fire Emblem items, I thought that the RD cards (Spirit, Reaper, and Daemon I think) or the Rift Gate/Reeking Box would be neat additions, although they're probably pretty out there ~o3o~

Edited by Kon

I was thinking the Vulnerary, Rapier, and Rewarp Staff. Vulnerary would heal 20% damage. The Rapier would be used to stab and the tip of the blade does the most damage. The Rewarp Staff would allow the user to warp across the stage a maximum of three times.

As for the boomerang, it doesn't really MATTER which series it came from lol. Zelda was just what came to mind for me. :P

I always thought a hand axe would be a good Fe item but considering this boomerang works just like I wanted it to. It seems unlikely.

I expect another smash without an fe item at this rate

But why use a Mario boomerang when Zelda's is more notable? Makes no sense to me. I think it's a generic boomerang.

Recency would be my guess, considering that this boomerang was the one Mario used in 3D Land and in the newest Mario Kart~

[spoiler="poof]

p6CPuOK.png

bUKbHNW.png

A Devil Axe would be kinda interesting for smash. A powerful weapon that sometimes backfires. It would definitely add some chaos and that sounds like something Sakurai might do.

Personally yeah, I agree that it's kinda dumb to use the Mario boomerang when the Zelda series is so much more notable for actually consistently having them. On top of that it's kind of a redundant item (at least to me) when other characters already have an actual boomerang in their arsenal....

We've already seen the boomerang before in the previous Direct, of course it's the same boomerang shown back then (a blue boomerang with a white stripe). As Kon pointed out, is in the new Mario Kart 8 and 3D Land. I don't see why this is even an argument, lol.

Edit: Also the boomerang itself in its simple design has dated to a lot older games, but with a different colour scheme. Seems Nintendo is using the blue one for its more recent consistency.

Edited by SlipperySlippy