SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Maybe Sakurai chose them because he saw potential in their moveset.

I don't see it at this point. They don't have anything distinct that could be made from them. They just have their mouths open and close and maybe scream but that's it. Now that I think about it, maybe the Leaker mislabelled him and he could be Marshall from Rhythm Heaven Fever. If it is Marshal from Rhythm Heaven Fever then maybe I can see him having distinct moves since he was the mascot of Rhythm Heaven Fever.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These videos are telling me that I really need to play a Rhythm Heaven game already.

I highly recommend it. It's by the same guys who did the Wario Ware series.

Speaking of spikes/meteor smashes, I hope Ike keeps all of his. Barring DK, he had more of them than any other character and it made him great at screwing with recoveries. A total of four, although one of them was near impossible to pull off. His d-air, crouch-A, Aether, and Eruption. Eruption's was the one that was like near impossible to do. You had to connect to the target with the VERY tip of the blade. I managed to do it a few times, but it just requires too much good timing and positioning of your target.

Ike's other meteors were really easy to do though, so between that and the pure power of his attacks, he was great at sending peeps plummeting. :3

I hope Luigi keeps his bad traction, because it made him immune to Diddy's annoying banana peel combos. In fact, it came in handy for gimping a bunch of combos, I think. I can't wait to test out his spanking new Poltergust 5000 Final Smash too! I liked Negative Zone, but this is even better! :3

Oh, and Luigi better still have his hand jab! I LOVE that hand jab lol. And his butt-smack! XD

Still wish Toon Link had been revamped to the Four Sword incarnations, but oh well, at least I still liked TWW Link for all his funny faces and reactions. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I didn't know there was a Wii Rhythm Heaven. D: It's not a bad game, certainly, but it never really worked out for me for some unknown reason. But if there is a Wii one I will hunt it down, maybe my opinion will change.

By the way, Chunky Kong is supposedly an Assist Trophy.

That's cool if true. Would be nice to see some DK64 acknowledgement (besides the DK Rap in Melee... and did it return for Brawl? I forget). I loved that game as a kid, even though I always had to use a Gameshark (or, later, emulator cheats) to get past that arcade cabinet.

I'm gonna make a Sakamoto Mii and just beat the tar out of him as Samus.

An excellent idea!

I didn't know there was a Wii Rhythm Heaven. D: It's not a bad game, certainly, but it never really worked out for me for some unknown reason. But if there is a Wii one I will hunt it down, maybe my opinion will change.

For me Rhythm Heaven Fever > Rhythm Tengoku >>>>>>>>Rhythm Heaven DS.

The button input Rhythm Heavens are much more superior entries in the series and the minigames are the most fun in their packaging. I didn't like the touch screen controls as much as it sometimes doesn't respond when I want it to.

So um. Don't know if this is 100% true or not, but I wouldn't be surprised...

Toon Link's Final Smash is still not the Hurricane Spin. >xI

So um. Don't know if this is 100% true or not, but I wouldn't be surprised...

Toon Link's Final Smash is still not the Hurricane Spin. >xI

What's so special about the Hurricane spin? It's just an upgraded version of the regular spin.

It's something Link can actually do in his games? Unlike the boring Triforce Slash? It would also be easier to use because the Triforce Slash requires the player to be within range for it to nab anyone.

Lol, DKs FS is still the bongos LAME :facepalm:

Also, I'm excited on trying Little Mac, he seems really strong and deals effective KOs even when below 80%s ~. Actually I don't know with whom start playing. My interests are:

Zelda

Rosalina & Luma

Zero Suit Samus

Little Mac

Wii Fit Trainer

Peach

Palutena

Mii Fighters

The majority of my interests are female characters, my avatar has a female character, my signature has a female character, my badge has a female character, SAKURAI PLZ A FEMALE SSB

Where to begin? Q.Q

Am I the only one who noticed the insane similarites between Greninja's Final Smash and Ike's Great Aether from Brawl?

Because they are literally the same thing basically.

Wouldn't the Hurricane Spin be better as a special instead? Or at least, more likely

No, it's too overpowered and lasts too long for that. The Hurricane Spin has Link charging up an insane amount of power, then unleashing a devastating attack that has him spinning repeatedly for the next few seconds. Don't confuse it with the Great Spin from Twilight Princess, THAT is just a stronger spin attack.

EDIT: I didn't see any similarities... Imo, Link's Triforce Slash is more similar (a reason I don't like that move).

Edited by Anacybele

Am I the only one who noticed the insane similarites between Greninja's Final Smash and Ike's Great Aether from Brawl?

Yeah, they're literally the same thing, although Greninja > Ike

And Link keeps the same Triforce Slash as FS, lawl

Edited by Quintessence

And Aether has two hits, right? Yet in Smash, its only one. Meta Knight's Mach Tornado covered the entire screen with an all destroying tornado in the kirby games, yet is merely him spinning across the stage in Smash. Hurricane spin can be altered, just as Aether and Mach Tornado were to remain balanced.

An example being to not have the exact length of the in game attack, and last just as long as the actual Smash Spin Attack.

Its literally just like Marth's modified Shield Breaker. I don't see any problem

And Aether has two hits, right? Yet in Smash, its only one. Meta Knight's Mach Tornado covered the entire screen with an all destroying tornado in the kirby games, yet is merely him spinning across the stage in Smash. Hurricane spin can be altered, just as Aether and Mach Tornado were to remain balanced.

An example being to not have the exact length of the in game attack, and last just as long as the actual Smash Spin Attack.

Its literally just like Marth's modified Shield Breaker. I don't see any problem

This is a good reason to add Ridely.

Graham: I would say Greninja is similar to Shiek; fast and flexible.

Edited by AllAroundGamer9

Although it looks different, Captain Falcon's is also basically the same: hits person right in front of character for large damage and knockback.

The complete lack of unique final smashes is something I really hope they improve on in this game. Even when final smashes looked different, they might often have the same effect (Zelda/Sheik, Link/Toon Link, and Marth, for example), and obviously there are multiples just re-used, like the landmasters.

Although it looks different, Captain Falcon's is also basically the same: hits person right in front of character for large damage and knockback.The complete lack of unique final smashes is something I really hope they improve on in this game. Even when final smashes looked different, they might often have the same effect (Zelda/Sheik, Link/Toon Link, and Marth, for example), and obviously there are multiples just re-used, like the landmasters.

I wasn't thjnking of it that way... But that's very interesting

I was saying that the literal sequence of it was the same to a T.

1.) Knock them in the air

2.) A bunch of slashes or whatever

3.) Slam to the ground with knockback.

But what you brought up was very interesting.

Why does DK keep the bongos?! Why not use something different like the finishers from DK return and tropical storm?

What's so special about the Hurricane spin? It's just an upgraded version of the regular spin.

*cough* um so. I could ask you the same thing you asked me. Just like you could accept that I've probably played Wind Waker (is it safe to guess you haven't?) and have a good reason for thinking that.

Edited by BANRYU