SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I have a solution!

Marth should be voiced by Midorikawa... in English!

Everybody wins!

ok no

I always wanted to hear more engrish

...if Chrom is in SSB4 and Sugita tried to Engrish everything, it would sound similar to this:

...That would be hilarious in an already chaotic game.

Well at least Ike took the time to learn English. Marth's too busy with his wardrobe.

He did it because he "fights for his friends".

...I still laugh at how much translation has reduced that heroic sounding line. [/elitism]

Moving on... I know it might ACTUALLY be better to ask in the Best Buy impressions thread, but in regards to actual mechanics...

For those of you that got to try the game...

Did you guys feel a difference in shieldstun?

Like is it just as fast as Brawl and shield grabbing is glorious?

Is it like Melee where you have to know which attacks are shield-grabbable unless you powershield everything?

Or is it inbetween?

Ike sounds awesome in english but his japanese is even better, specially yelling in general. Japanese also usually sounds "more sexy". Its funny because normaly in these cases one of the dubs sounds bad, but here both are fantastic (Side B in japanese is godlike)

Marth isnt going to get an english dub, even FE12 (Where his design is taken) was japanese only xD, plus they have never picked an english dubber before, while Ike was in FE9 and FE10 (I dont know if the Brawl one is the same person, but you got my point)

I'm usually not into Japanese voices. Female voices are like always annoyingly high pitched and sometimes this is the case for males even. And for other males, they just rarely sound as deep and sexy to me as they do in English.

I've never liked Ike's English voice. It's kinda... lifeless. As if the VA was just reading the script without adding any sort of tone to the character. But then again, it probably fits the character.

I hope at least this time they sync Ike's mouth movements properly with his voice in the winning screen. In Brawl, it was pretty obvious that while he was speaking English, his lip movement was following his Japanese lines.

I've never liked Ike's English voice. It's kinda... lifeless. As if the VA was just reading the script without adding any sort of tone to the character. But then again, it probably fits the character.

I hope at least this time they sync Ike's mouth movements properly with his voice in the winning screen. In Brawl, it was pretty obvious that while he was speaking English, his lip movement was following his Japanese lines.

It's the Bruce Lee affect.

Edited by AllAroundGamer9

Ike sounds awesome in english but his japanese is even better, specially yelling in general. Japanese also usually sounds "more sexy". Its funny because normaly in these cases one of the dubs sounds bad, but here both are fantastic (Side B in japanese is godlike)

Marth isnt going to get an english dub, even FE12 (Where his design is taken) was japanese only xD, plus they have never picked an english dubber before, while Ike was in FE9 and FE10 (I dont know if the Brawl one is the same person, but you got my point)

Marth has had one English va back in the day when the OVA was around. He shares a va with a certain NGE main character

Roflmao.

An electric mouse would like a word with you.

Yeah, everyone knows Pachirisu is the most popular Pokemon!

This is blasphemous and you know it.

Link has the Triforce of courage. You're telling me he doesn't have the balls to speak words instead of grunting like he's taking a deku shit?

Edited by AllAroundGamer9

Link has the Triforce of courage. You're telling me he doesn't have the balls to speak words instead of grunting like he's taking a deku shit?

I'm sure he has the balls to.

He just doesn't want to because of SHAME TO FAMIRY TRADITION that some unknown diety has bestowed upon him.

I'm one of the most pro-dub people to ever exist, but I honestly kind of think I'd prefer for Marth to keep speaking Japanese in SSB. It just feels...right. Ike had his own game and English voice before he debuted in SSB, but for Marth to suddenly have an English voice after all this time just wouldn't feel right to me (OVA doesn't count).

I want to see Link speak in full sentence.

You don't see speech.

fkU0heM.jpg