SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just something that blew my mind. What happens if Kirby swallows a mii?

Well I guess he gets whatever their neutral B move is... But no idea what that will look like. Maybe he'll get the fists, swords, or gun pack. I don't think they could copy anything more specific like hair or face.

SSB4_Little_Mac_Sweatsuit.jpg

Get ready to fight in Little Mac's Training Jacket and WBA Major Circuit clothes.

At this point, I don't care what other costumes the other characters may get, I'm totally rockin' Pink Jacket Little Mac.

Edited by Naui

The jacket looks good on him, I'll probably use it when I use Mac, I was hoping he'd have that in some way

Maybe for you. I personally had trouble unlocking more than just Mewtwo. I don't remember all the characters I neglected to unlock, but I remember PIchu was also one of them.

*death stare* Nevermind, screw that event and 51 which i beat with pichu I think everything else was basically use all characters in classic mode mode, which was meh IMO, but easy mode and 5 stocks made it somewhat okay

Oh yeah and 15 minutes of donkey kong down b to unlock the old donkey kong stage, thank Arceus for music.

The Little Mac on the right looks more like he's in boxer underwear and socks. lol

But anyway, this is great and all, Sakurai, but what about alternates for other characters already? Rosalina, Toon Link, Zelda, Ike, Marth, etc? You've only shown alternates like this for Mac and Link so far. :(

Oh man I love this. I grew up with the Dragon Ball Z fighters where most alt costumes are usually another appearance the character has had in the series at some point, and there were rarely random recolors. So seeing Smash Bros start to turn to alt costumes having meanings make me really glad. Mac's new costume looks really cool.

The Little Mac on the right looks more like he's in boxer underwear and socks. lol

That's an actual outfit he wears in Punch Out Wii.

That's an actual outfit he wears in Punch Out Wii.

Oh, I figured he actually wore it in one of his games. I just find it to be a funny getup. :P

Oh, I figured he actually wore it in one of his games. I just find it to be a funny getup. :P

I can't comment on the footwear, and I don't know exactly what boxers wear/wore, but it makes sense that "boxer shorts" get their name from being shorts that boxers would wear.

Looks like it. I hope all the other characters get the same amount. I thought it was unfair for Wario to have TWELVE different alternates while everyone else only got half that much in Brawl.

There are a lot of characters they couldn't really do much with, though. Like Pac-Man. What would his alternate be, Ms. Pac-Man? I can see Bass or Proto-Man for Mega Man, and Shadow or Knuckles for Sonic, but...

It doesn't have to be something from canon. The Pokemon got little hats and accessories which they couldn't have in-game. Peach never actually dresses up like Daisy in any of the games she appears in. Sakurai has made movesets from practically nothing, so I don't think it'd be any problem for him to make costumes out of nothing.

Alright, I'm not getting it, so enlighten me on what you see for alternate costumes for Samus, Pac-Man, Greninja, and RosaLuma. Alternate, not palette swaps.

Rosalina could get Super Mario 3D World powerups. Greninja could get little accessories like Pikachu and Jigglypuff could. Pacman and Samus, I don't know, as I know little about their franchises. But doesn't Samus's power suit look different in every game? I've seen pics of her in different suits.

Also, thing is, I was including palette swaps in my comment as well.

Alright, I'm not getting it, so enlighten me on what you see for alternate costumes for Samus, Pac-Man, Greninja, and RosaLuma. Alternate, not palette swaps.

Samus would be by far the easiest one to give alts for since she has 3+ suits in each game many of which are different. As for Rosalina, I`d love to see something like her child appearance in the story book from Galaxy. She could also wear the Sports gear she has in Mario Kart.

Edited by Jotari

Do you think FE characters could have alt costumes of other FE characters? Like Marth wearing Sigurd's outfit?

It's definitely a possibility, given how Project M did just that

I think Ike has a recolour resembling Sigurd already. I know Marth definitely has a Leif coloured palette swap.

Is that supposed to be the blue one?

Pacman is actually pretty easy to do, Ms. Pacman, and then his appearance in his new TV show or whatever.

In terms of alts that make them look like other characters, Ninten for Ness would be cool, throw a mask on Marth, or give him some long hair and he could resemble Lucina. There's Doctor Mario, Pichu for Pikachu, Peach already has Daisy, Samus has a million to pick from.

I want an Ice Climbers costume that's the same but Nana is the lead instead of Popo.

Is that supposed to be the blue one?

I thought it was the white one with the cape with a red underside? Looks a lot like Leif to me.

Anyway, the World Champion look for Mac is just another great retexture on his normal model, but the sweatsuit is new geometry. So it IS a brand new costume. I think that Ike might actually get his PoR and possibly even his Vanguard look if Sakurai is making such a huge effort to get in these alternate iconic looks for the characters. And Lobster Shirt Toon Link better be a thing too.

Pacman is actually pretty easy to do, Ms. Pacman, and then his appearance in his new TV show or whatever.

In terms of alts that make them look like other characters, Ninten for Ness would be cool, throw a mask on Marth, or give him some long hair and he could resemble Lucina. There's Doctor Mario, Pichu for Pikachu, Peach already has Daisy, Samus has a million to pick from.

I want an Ice Climbers costume that's the same but Nana is the lead instead of Popo.

There are a couple versions of Ice Climbers where Nana leaders instead of Popo already. The orange and purple getup is one of them. It's been that way since Melee.

Edited by Samias

Samias is talking about Marth's white palette, I believe.

My most wanted alternates are still Vanguard Ike and Mr. L Luigi. I mean, this is RD Ike we're going to play as this time, and he promoted to Vanguard. Plus that outfit is just SWEET. Dat armor.

Mr. L is THE best Mario villain ever, imo. Not because he's really Luigi brainwashed, but his character is just hilariously awesome. He makes fun of Count Bleck's other minions and even Count Bleck himself and he shouts HAVE AT YOU! lol I also found him to be the only challenging boss in Super Paper Mario.

EDIT: Also, I don't think Ike is going to get his PoR look this time. He's not PoR Ike anymore, so it wouldn't really make sense. Vanguard Ike is way more likely. I had listed all of Ike's outfits so far as possible alternates before, but that was before Ike was actually confirmed and we knew exaclty WHICH Ike we'd be playing as. And now that I've thought about it more, I'm just deciding Vanguard Ike makes the most sense.

Edited by Anacybele