SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I see, but I'm not holding my breath, as much as I want Ike to have Ragnell's shockwave. I just don't want to wind up being totally disappointed like I was when it was shown that Ike's standard neutral B is still Eruption. xP I got over it quickly, but still.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sakurai trolls again...

Pic of the day. Mega Man.EXE and Mega Man Volnutt!! They only appear for a split second, but the modeling is so detailed. And if that's the case…!

ZX5otmZ.jpg

...How can we not use it for trophy creation?! Today's update is a rare mix of Wii U and 3DS images in the same post.

Extra picture of Mega Man X

Yeah, I guess I wasn't the only one that thought Sakurai was going to say they were alternate costumes for Megaman. :P

But I was never interested in Megaman, so it really didn't affect me much.

Here's an interesting article about Pac-Man being requested in Brawl by Miyamoto:

Below are some quotes from Famitsu's semi-weekly interview with Masahiro Sakurai, translated by Kotaku

Regarding Pac-Man in Brawl:

"During development of Smash Bros. Brawl, Mr. Shigeru Miyamoto of Nintendo approached me and asked, 'Can't we have Pac-Man as a guest character?' "At the time, imagining the image of Pac-Man and his incomplete pizza shape, I thought to myself, 'Hmmm... That's a little too farfetched.'"

Regarding what needs to be considered when developing a new character:

"How to give the character their own individuality as a fighter and how they'll move. Should the game system maintain a consistent form or not. What other fighters are there and how will the new character differ in strategy? Does the new idea fit with the original game? Most importantly, is it entertaining?"

Regarding the fact Pac-Man is now in Super Smash Bros:

"You never know what's going to happen in this world. I'll just keep my mouth shut. That's a good idea."

Link

I'm glad I wasn't overly excited for megaman, it doesn't look like he's gonna be that usable competitively

What kind of overly judgemental rubbish is this? The game isn't even out yet and here you go again judging things.

What kind of overly judgemental rubbish is this? The game isn't even out yet and here you go again judging things.

I'm going off of the tournament, looking at his moveset he's pretty restricted, and I never said that was definitely the case, I'm just speculating.

I'm going off of the tournament, looking at his moveset he's pretty restricted, and I never said that was definitely the case, I'm just speculating.

I'd like to point out that

1. That was that players first time using Megaman

2. May be restricted but he does have some really good options especially in the air

3. He was playing against someone who was using a familiar character therefore it wasn't exactly fair at all

2. May be restricted but he does have some really good options especially in the air

3. He was playing against someone who was using a familiar character therefore it wasn't exactly fair at all

again, which is why I said it's not definitely the case, it's speculation. I won't know for sure until I play him.

again, which is why I said it's not definitely the case, it's speculation. I won't know for sure until I play him.

Sorry for my reaction, I just hate judgemental or prejudgemental crap. Its a side effect of being in both the Sonic and Final Fantasy Fandumbs for so long and enjoying most of what they say isn't as good as it could be etc.

Like with Link who I main in Melee and PM I'm hoping for a steller new fresh face in smash four and many people have told me incredibly good things but before I play I still dno if that's legit or anything. But at least I can be somewhat confident that he'll be better then in Brawl >.>

Sorry for my reaction, I just hate judgemental or prejudgemental crap. Its a side effect of being in both the Sonic and Final Fantasy Fandumbs for so long and enjoying most of what they say isn't as good as it could be etc.

Like with Link who I main in Melee and PM I'm hoping for a steller new fresh face in smash four and many people have told me incredibly good things but before I play I still dno if that's legit or anything. But at least I can be somewhat confident that he'll be better then in Brawl >.>

yeah, my friend mained link in melee, and he tried in Brawl put it just wasn't doable

I'm a lot more confident in the balance this time around due to the assistance from Namco and that patches will be a thing.

^ exactly this. It's just too soon to make a judgement call.

He certainly won't be the most intuitive to use competitively with all his projectiles and whatnot, but smart use of them could make him a decent character, I think. After all, it's not every character who can easily hit so far from himself in 4 directions (projectiles/Uair/Dair). Until we can ascertain the properties of his his tilts and Fair/Bair in close combat, I think it's too soon to say he'll be a wash there. Leaf Shield at least seems like a promising close-range defensive option.

Edited by BANRYU

^ exactly this. It's just too soon to make a judgement call.

He certainly won't be the most intuitive to use competitively with all his projectiles and whatnot, but smart use of them could make him a decent character, I think. After all, it's not every character who can easily hit so far from himself in 4 directions (projectiles/Uair/Dair). Until we can ascertain the properties of his his tilts and Fair/Bair in close combat, I think it's too soon to say he'll be a wash there. Leaf Shield at least seems like a promising close-range defensive option.

yeah, I definitely think he'll be a good character for most skill levels, I just am uncertain that he will be very good in the highest level of play, but we'll see.

By the time Rosalina & Luma were announced, most people said she'd be OP, Top Tier or even banned. Now after the Demo and the Invitational, people say she's so hard to use and many say she's pretty meh. I'll refrain myself from judging a character until I fully experiment its pros and cons.

Edited by Quintessence

Screwattack got some info from the pros. They say that Megaman has a steep learning curve but is not at all a bad character. They said that learning to use his forward smash (Aka his Megabuster) will be extremely important to master since it's a projectile Smash attack.

To be honest, he seems to be a bit overpowered to me.

And don't anybody say any crap about that. It's my personal opinion.

In what way do you think he's overpowered? Is it because he has so many projectiles?

Edited by BANRYU

Peeps are saying that a lot of moves are really unsafe or have long recovery so much so they just wait for other people to attack first then punish them.

:L

I wouldn't be surprised if the projectiles made him high tier. This happened with Snake after all, I think.

But that also makes him fodder for reflector characters like Fox, who is still just as good as ever. Even his Megabuster smash is reflectable.

Edited by Naui