SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Sakurai still knew about the Sword of Seals and its fire properties though. So he might have also been shown gameplay of Roy attacking with it.

Unless the fire was something they lifted from Smash too. Though I doubt it as that would be something kind of random to base his entire moveset on and would kind of force canon on an unreleased game made by an unrelated company.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sakurai still knew about the Sword of Seals and its fire properties though. So he might have also been shown gameplay of Roy attacking with it.

He did yes but as far as I know Sakurai got less then he got with Greninja in terms of how he fought

This is probably what happened. Sakurai got to see the sprites and design documents for Roy from IntSys (to replace the initial idea of using Leif) and went from there, so he tacked on fire attacks onto Roy. But Sakurai probably had to make up a lot about the sword styles for Marth and Roy and was running up on deadlines, which is why Marth and Roy have nearly identical animations aside from timing and attack properties (and boy did he ever screw up the hitbox frames for Roy after lifting them almost 1-for-1 from Marth).

I feel so awkward because I care more about non-fire emblem reps in a fire emblem forum.

Is it wrong that I like Peach, Zelda and Zero Suit more? I'd love to contribute to the smart talk on Marth, or whatever you guys are talking about, but i just don't seem interested. And it's tough since no one like EVER brings up my three favorites, but of course, since this is a fire emblem place.

Oh, and with Greninja's d-air, doesn't it mean he can just do that forever, since he bounces back up (assuming he actually hits his opponent those many times)?

I feel so awkward because I care more about non-fire emblem reps in a fire emblem forum.

Is it wrong that I like Peach, Zelda and Zero Suit more? I'd love to contribute to the smart talk on Marth, or whatever you guys are talking about, but i just don't seem interested. And it's tough since no one like EVER brings up my three favorites, but of course, since this is a fire emblem place.

Oh, and with Greninja's d-air, doesn't it mean he can just do that forever, since he bounces back up (assuming he actually hits his opponent those many times)?

Not wrong at all I use those three plenty. Peach is one of my mains and Zelda is one of mine in PM. And I have fun with Zero Suit in Brawl and PM. Dem combos

I was infamous back when melee first came out with Peach. My friends and family banned me from her

In Melee, my tops for playtime were Zelda, Roy, and Jigglypuff, but with a hearty dose of Peach. The Fire Emblem reps have always interested me but they are by no means the only ones I want to talk about either. I really liked where Marth was in Brawl and can't really think of many ways to improve him beyond the physics of the game anyway, so all I really want out of Marth is for him to not change.

To be honest I really want to see move variations for lower tier characters like Zelda that might equalize their matchups with other characters. Or even see new things for characters I don't even play, like Ganondorf. Maybe even if his stock set-up is the same as before, he'll have a bunch of variant B moves to make him feel more like the character he is in the games and not just a heavy bruiser for the sake of filling out that part of the weight class.

I'm probably the only person that didn't like Melee much and I lean more towards the competitive side of the fandom.

Brawl ftw and I'm glad SSB Wii U/3DS isn't as fast paced as Melee.

Also, today's pic is boring yet again. I'm getting sick of all the Mii and Pacman related pics. And we haven't seen a new vet in over a month. And speaking of which, Ike still lacks screentime compared to everyone else. :(

After playing Project M, Brawl seems so floaty...

I played Melee with my brother, and it seemed perfectly normal, as the PMBR did a fine job of changing the physics to Melee's physics. I LOVE the fast paced.

But I tried playing Brawl again... oh my god, Zero Suit is so floaty. Zelda was fine though.

EDIT: Ana, yeah. I'd love to see a new Zero Suit pic. NO MORE Miis!

Edited by Carter

I'd take a screen with anything Ike or Luigi or both at this point. Preferably Ike since he's only been seen in a total of three screenshots since his reveal while every other vet has gotten way more. And of course, there's the rabid fangirl in me. :P

12df92d228.jpg

M-Megaman, tho... ; - ;

Meh, it's all just filler anyway. They're probably spending more time actually working on the game than coming up with interesting stuff for us lol. The big announcements are probably queued, and much like the huge lull before Ike, it's unlikely that we'll see much of interest until we start drawing near to the next NDD... it was supposed to be in August, right?

M-Megaman, tho... ; - ;

Meh, it's all just filler anyway. They're probably spending more time actually working on the game than coming up with interesting stuff for us lol. The big announcements are probably queued, and much like the huge lull before Ike, it's unlikely that we'll see much of interest until we start drawing near to the next NDD... it was supposed to be in August, right?

It's bimonthly so yes. Not to mention the 3DS version is in September for Japan so an August Direct may reveal a lot more. Then again we had one mini direct so far in July this year which was Japan only.

Edited by kingddd

Mini direct? What was that about?

Also, the direct in August better mention the stage builder. Or else it's probably not in the game. :(

See, Ana...you need to not get disappointed so easily. You really are being a rabid fangirl over Ike. Sure, I like him, he's my main in Brawl.

...But I'm fine if he doesn't get a lot of screentime compared to new characters that actually need it. Now I know another Mii Gunner move, rather than Ike's Down Taunt or something else of dubious value.

See, Ana...you need to not get disappointed so easily. You really are being a rabid fangirl over Ike. Sure, I like him, he's my main in Brawl.

...But I'm fine if he doesn't get a lot of screentime compared to new characters that actually need it. Now I know another Mii Gunner move, rather than Ike's Down Taunt or something else of dubious value.

Except that Mii gunner move was entirely obvious. Sakurai could've showed something much more interesting if he really wanted to do another Mii pic. And there are things about Ike that we don't know yet. Like will Great Aether be blue this time? What are his alternate move options? What are his alternate costumes/color palettes? We don't know any of these, yet we've been shown plenty of similar features for a lot of other characters.

But yeah, I am being a bit too rabid anyway. It's just that I'm so excited that it's RD Ike and all, that I just can't help but crave more of him. :P

The fact that the gun shot is a side smash and not a special move is quite significant. We don't see many projectile smash attacks and even less side smashes that act like a projectile.

Except it wasn't really a new move. Like I said, it was obvious. The gun shoots beams. Whoop dee fucking do. xP

Edited by Anacybele