SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

The Mii gunner's FS looks exactly like Samus's Zero Laser. :/

If Ike gets Great Aether I'm going to be soooooooo disappointed because it's exactly the same as kirby's ultra sword and greninja's night slash!

For real though, wish Toon Link would've done something with changing the direction of the wind, summoning a giant tornado or whatever. I still like the Triforce slash though ^^

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pac-Man_Mappy.jpg

Today's Directors post showcases Pac-Man's Taunt, Namco Roulette.

Pac-Man_Namco_Roulette.jpg

It says that it's a roulette of various Namco characters from the 1980's.

Though I question the Taiko no Tatsuji image from the bottom middle, which came out in 2000.

The quotes for the 1st and 2nd pictures are as follows:

Pic of the day. Pac-Man's up taunt is known as Namco Roulette! Namco characters from the 1980s will randomly appear.

See? There's a variety of characters. Huh? One of them looks pretty recent.

I have to say, it's quite neat that Pac-Man's moveset represents old-school Namco in general, especially since a lot of old-school Namco franchises tied in with Nintendo quite strongly. Yeah, there's Taiko Drum Master, but that's also quite strongly affilated with Nintendo, especially with Don-Chan being playable in the 3rd Arcade Mario Kart.

On a side note, did anyone read that article I posted a while back with Shigeru Miyamoto (the creator of franchises like Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, F-Zero, and Star Fox) himself requesting for Pac-Man in Brawl, but Sakurai being against it at the time? I know most of you would disagree with this sentiment, but I really can't believe Sakurai denied a guest character request from Miyamoto, especially considering how many franchises Miyamoto gave Nintendo and how much Miyamoto has done for Nintendo in general. You think Sakurai would honour that one request for the guy who practically brought Nintendo to stardom...

Ha, the Taiko Drum Master, and right after SoC had brought up Taiko no Tatsujin in the other thread...

I wonder just how many characters will be represented in Pac-Man's moveset.

If Ike gets Great Aether I'm going to be soooooooo disappointed because it's exactly the same as kirby's ultra sword and greninja's night slash!

I guess it's not too easy to have a lot of variety in final smashes and still have them all be actually good. Hi Peach.

For real though, wish Toon Link would've done something with changing the direction of the wind, summoning a giant tornado or whatever. I still like the Triforce slash though ^^

Like, where the fuck is the hurricane spin? They handed Sakurai a Toon Link final smash on a silver platter and he just ignored it. Twice.

On a side note, did anyone read that article I posted a while back with Shigeru Miyamoto (the creator of franchises like Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, F-Zero, and Star Fox) himself requesting for Pac-Man in Brawl, but Sakurai being against it at the time? I know most of you would disagree with this sentiment, but I really can't believe Sakurai denied a guest character request from Miyamoto, especially considering how many franchises Miyamoto gave Nintendo and how much Miyamoto has done for Nintendo in general. You think Sakurai would honour that one request for the guy who practically brought Nintendo to stardom...

Based on interviews and stuff I've heard from him, I've always thought that Miyamoto was a sort of demanding guy and I can imagine that he'd be hard to work with. He demanded that Dinosaur Planet be made into Star Fox Adventures, demanded that there be less focus on story in the games Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Galaxy 2. He barely worked on these games that much, now he's making demands for Smash Bros although he has barely contributed to that either. I could understand Sakurai not wanting him to have control over a game he's developing, Miyamoto can be quite a jerk.

I just wished Rosalina's final smash was better. I think I only see one guy get killed out of the 100 matches where someone used it.

Rosalina's can move freely during her Final Smash whilst it attacks everyone in an area, it's fine as it is. More strategy involved this way.

By the way, apparently a character reveal is happening on the 14th at 7 am PST. Over the official Nintendo YouTube I believe

what anniversaries are coming up

Edited by Spiky

Yeah me too. But I'll be at school.

I thought it was 7:00 AM EST, not PST. Dang. I'll go to the bathroom and watch there secretly. So... that's 10:00 AM, right?

Is Isaac an assist again?

Not confirmed as anything yet.

Also I notice your Hector avatar and decide to say. Due to some hinting at in good ol Project M. While they are giving Marth a Sigurd skin. They decided on giving Ike a Hector one

A "new challenger" being revealed on July 14 according to Sakurai's Miiverse post... well, I'm quite sure the Gematsu leak is the real deal, so unless there's other newcomers that Gematsu didn't leak yet (like how Rosalina wasn't leaked), it's likely Shulk, Chrom, or the Chorus men.

Based on interviews and stuff I've heard from him, I've always thought that Miyamoto was a sort of demanding guy and I can imagine that he'd be hard to work with. He demanded that Dinosaur Planet be made into Star Fox Adventures, demanded that there be less focus on story in the games Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Galaxy 2. He barely worked on these games that much, now he's making demands for Smash Bros although he has barely contributed to that either. I could understand Sakurai not wanting him to have control over a game he's developing, Miyamoto can be quite a jerk.

Yeah, Miyamoto is demanding, but he's not as mean/self-centered as a guy as you make him out to be. Plenty of those people working in Nintendo that mention Miyamoto suggesting/changing things during a game's development admitted to it being better in the end due to the changes he implemented. Also, in a good chunk of those cases, it's merely suggestions and not forced changes that he makes to the development crew, which the crew accepts since they like his suggestion. He's basically the stern, caring father archetype, where he can be a bit picky and expectant at times, but that's because he wants to bring out the best in the game and the staff (though admittingly, some games like Sticker Star didn't exactly satisfy fans).

Yeah, Miyamoto is demanding, but he's not as mean/self-centered as a guy as you make him out to be. Plenty of those people working in Nintendo that mention Miyamoto suggesting/changing things during a game's development admitted to it being better in the end due to the changes he implemented. Also, in a good chunk of those cases, it's merely suggestions and not forced changes that he makes to the development crew, which the crew accepts since they like his suggestion. He's basically the stern, caring father archetype, where he can be a bit picky and expectant at times, but that's because he wants to bring out the best in the game and the staff (though admittingly, some games like Sticker Star didn't exactly satisfy fans).

Shame Sticker Star was one of those times he forced IS to change quite literally their entire game.

You can tell someone to change something if they're working under you without being an evil over lord. Boss makes suggestions all the time without being assholes.

So long as it's not Chrom, I'll be happy.

This plus Lucina for me. Even though I know absolutely nothing about Shulk except that he's from Xenoblade. xP

Edited by Anacybele