SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I love how Chrom was basically dead the whole time.

Should've happened in Awakening too.

Lucina my love. I really don't know how I can main you though with Palutena and Rosalina in the game.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm eating my words for breakfast.

BUT WHY IS AWAKENING GETTING MORE THAN 1 REP THIS IS RIDICULOUS WTF

because awakening is popular lmao

Less disappointed that Lucina is a Marth clone as much as I am that it implies all 3 of the Star Fox characters will likely stay clones of each other.

Those three aren't clones of each other, though, especially Wolf.

I am a little confused at what I'm seeing for Lucina, though. I don't think she'll be a straight clone; I really doubt Sakurai would do that. Some of her stuff looks like Marth, but we didn't see much of her in the video, and people have been saying Marth seems pretty different as well. However, why isn't she getting a full-length newcomer banner on the main page? That seems a little odd. And also the question mark in her splash "Lucina wakes her blade!?" is like, what? What does that mean, if anything?

Yeah, she is, it seems.

Also, finally some Ike footage, even if it's just a little bit. Yaaay. :D

Oh yeah, and since Avatar and Lucina are playable and Chrom is in the Final Smash... Frederick for assist trophy?! :D MAKE IT HAPPEN SAKURAI, GIMME MY FAVORITE KNIGHT. :D

Oh, but one thing...

screen-9.jpg

Why does Ike look like a midget here? I know he's hunched over a bit, but still, he shouldn't be THAT small compared to Avatar and Marth. >.> And I kinda wish he wasn't standing in the same default stance as in Brawl, as it's closer to PoR Ike than the way he stands in RD. But I'm nitpicking. Ike is Ike and I love Ike. :3

Um. Are Ice Climbers in again?

I love how Chrom was basically dead the whole time.

Should've happened in Awakening too.

Lucina my love. I really don't know how I can main you though with Palutena and Rosalina in the game.

Silly Lucy. It's easy if you set your heart to it.

Lucina has a question mark on her splash screen in the trailer, a veteran sized box on the website and every single animation we can see of her is copied from Marth. Even if she was a clone I don't think they'd keep even his idle animation.

Well, Lucina might still just be an alternate costume of Marth (though I wonder why she'd have her own character page then. Then again, the box that links to her page doesn't say "newcomer". I really hope that she's just a clone and not a costume), and BELLA FUCKING SWAN got in too. Worst of all, Shulk's chances have been reduced to nil.

At least there's two pieces of good news in all this:

1. Alcohol exists.

2. I have some in my fridge.

If this was anything besides Smash Bros. I'd cancel my preorder over this.

And also the question mark in her splash "Lucina wakes her blade!?" is like, what?

a wake ening geddit :D :D :D

EDIT: ^ i love overreactions

Edited by Integrity

Chrom: "I suppose I'll get my chance another day."

Chrom confirmed for Smash Bros 5.

Edited by Bloo

Why is no one talking about how Capt. Falcon is confirmed in the FE universe? :P Capt. Falcon for Awakening DLC

But I am disappointed to see that Lucina seems to be a total clone of Marth... I don't even like semi-clone characters. But I'm sure I'll get over it and play all FE characters a ton. There's still a lot of unanswered questions about Robin though. Wish we could hear more now.

regarding the leak, chrom is still 'in the game as a character', lel.

According to the leak, Shulk was supposed to be today's announcement. Today the leak has been disproven.

Those three aren't clones of each other, though, especially Wolf.

I should have said semi-clones. I wasn't targeting Wolf at all, he's actually probably the most unique out of the bunch as I remember. I haven't played them in a while but I'm pretty sure I remember Falco and Fox having the exact same A moves.

I'm eating my words for breakfast.

BUT WHY IS AWAKENING GETTING MORE THAN 1 REP THIS IS RIDICULOUS WTF

I'm more indifferent that the second Awakening spot went to the self-insert character, but I guess he/she seems pretty cool??? I could have fun with him/her.

damn it sf stop being shit

Any who. I was quoting Integ's one handed sword fight gimmick thing and saying how Luci uses a two handed thrust attack. I was expecting to see something like that for her but alas.

Why is no one talking about how Capt. Falcon is confirmed in the FE universe? :P Capt. Falcon for Awakening DLC

I'm glad and all that Captain Falcon is back and we have Marth, Ike, Lucina, Robin, AND Chrom in the game representing Fire Emblem, which is pretty damn cool considering FE has as many reps as the Mario series, but where are my Ice Climbers? They need to be confirmed. ;n;

damn it sf stop being shit

also this

Well, as we know, Marth's speed got nerfed. Lucina might play like old, fast Marth and I'm totally okay with that.

I was hyped for Shulk but YOU KNOW WHAT, THIS IS AWESOME TOO. Also, my hopes that Isaac might be upgraded to playable got a little bit higher.

Gematsu is too stubborn to admit that he was misinformed about Chrom (as I had predicted), as well as Shulk, it seems. lol Chrom's clearly part of the Final Smash of one of the two.

Also, Banryu is going to freak when he sees all this. He was SO sure Avatar wouldn't get in. XD

According to the leak, Shulk was supposed to be today's announcement. Today the leak has been disproven.

fair enough, but I find it funny that it was worded that way since chrom is still technically 'in the game'

Shulk I could see still being there, though.

Edited by Tryhard

Well, there's that, and that we got Lucina and Robin instead of Chrom as playable.

Dunno really what to say about Gematsu now. Perhaps the first leak, the one with WFT, was a real leak (and all of those characters are already confirmed), but the ones since were fake. Doesn't matter to me anymore, I just didn't want to see Chrom.

I should have said semi-clones. I wasn't targeting Wolf at all, he's actually probably the most unique out of the bunch as I remember. I haven't played them in a while but I'm pretty sure I remember Falco and Fox having the exact same A moves.

In Melee, yes. In Brawl, no. The three are pretty well differentiated from one another there.

Still a little fuzzy on the details of Lucina, but while she doesn't have the big newcomer banner, her page does tag her with "Newcomer."

Chrom: "I suppose I'll get my chance another day."

Chrom confirmed for Smash Bros 5.

Chrom confirmed for Robin's Final Smashu

I wonder what my dear waifu Lucy's Final Smashu will be!