SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Jotari, I know I don't mind people using my videos... but that Olivia vs. Pavise General video quality made me a little miffed.

(Please don't take this seriously)

Aegis/Pavise special move as a reflector would be interesting.

Meh. He's a Final Smash now. I think I've moved on.

Made long before I knew you and you're pretty much the only person who makes Awakening videos that are worth stealing. If I had any cause to I would probably ask for your specific permission should I make another video that needs Awakening footage. I much prefer capturing my own footage but I don't make nearly enough videos to warrant getting a capture board.

Like, Lyn is my favorite FE lord and if there's anyone in FE who stood any chance that I'd like to see playable it's her, but since I knew that the chances of that were basically nil (and she'd be another sword user, which poses obvious problems), I'm happy that she at least came back as an assist trophy.

Lyn at least as a distinct style as a sword user and a lot of material to pull from if you take general Swordmaster traits from the entire series. Sword users themselves aren't inherently bad, it's generic boring sword styles that don't do anything different beyond what we've seen that's bad. The likes of Takamaru and Isaac are good examples of characters who would have unique movesets even having a sword.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made long before I knew you and you're pretty much the only person who makes Awakening videos that are worth stealing. If I had any cause to I would probably ask for your specific permission should I make another video that needs Awakening footage. I much prefer capturing my own footage but I don't make nearly enough videos to warrant getting a capture board.

Jotari, I know I don't mind people using my videos... but that Olivia vs. Pavise General video quality made me a little miffed.

(Please don't take this seriously)

Dude... I said not to take me seriously. xD

Dude... I said not to take me seriously. xD

Oh no, I'm not going to feel guilty about ripping content from Youtube. In my eyes once you've stuck it up there for the public to do what they will. But if I do know the guy I'd drop them a note to make sure it's cool with additional hopes of maybe get some files from an original, higher quality source.

Edited by Jotari

I'm actually wondering why Chrom wasn't picked, he is the main Lord of the newest Fe game no less.

just so you know, fire emblem reps were never following a theme of 'newest lord gets in'.

just so you know, fire emblem reps were never following a theme of 'newest lord gets in'.

That wasn't what I meant, I was trying to say that he might of been a popular fan choice..... ughh I just don't know anymore..

They were planning to have Leaf in Melee but switched to Roy because he was newer and then in Brawl they choose Ike who was from the newest games. Might only be a pattern over two games but it's still a pattern. Not that I believe being the newest lord should get someone in automatically. But it is criteria that's considered and Sakurai did indeed consider him based on that.

So basically if their new and their a good fighter better chance of getting than others but not guaranteed.

They were planning to have Leaf in Melee but switched to Roy because he was newer and then in Brawl they choose Ike who was from the newest games. Might only be a pattern over two games but it's still a pattern. Not that I believe being the newest lord should get someone in automatically. But it is criteria that's considered and Sakurai did indeed consider him based on that.

There are some facts missing here.

1. Roy's game wasn't out yet. Leif was still technically the most recent lord.

2. Radiant Dawn was out for a few months when Brawl came, so Micaiah would have really counted as the newest lord despite Ike still being around.

Wasn't it because Sakurai liked Roy's model more...?

to support that in a fans opinion though I don't know either of them, I guess roy seemed to have better clothes than leif.. I don't know

There are some facts missing here.

1. Roy's game wasn't out yet. Leif was still technically the most recent lord.

2. Radiant Dawn was out for a few months when Brawl came, so Micaiah would have really counted as the newest lord despite Ike still being around.

Unreleased doesn't mean non existent. He was still by definition newer than Leif having been created afterwards. And Micaiah's status as Lord is debatable at best. Ike's the one with the longest section of the game, the one with a super flashy final boss kill, the one that has an exclusive cutscene with the final boss and the one who gets his own CG after the credits talking about how awesome he is and how the whole continent loves him. Micaiah can order troops but she has about as much significance as Kurthnaga post Part 1 and gets outright replaced by another character for the final section of the game.

I thought I was the only one that didn't really consider Micaiah to be a lord... But everyone has different criteria for it, I guess.

geez... micaiah would honestly of been an awful brawler, she has never turned out well for once out of the 10 run throughs ive done of radiant dawn so why would she be good on there. I hate her more than henry.

Edited by Serah Farron

Micaiah is, by all means, treated as a lord like any other within the game. Every map she is in she has commander status and she, alongside only Ike, is force deployed on every map she exists for. Ike steals the spotlight, sure, but Micaiah definitely has that lord status.

geez... micaiah would honestly of been an awful brawler, she has never turned out well for once out of the 10 run throughs ive done of radiant dawn so why would she be good on there. I hate her more than henry.

gonna get so many wtf's for saying that

Micaiah would've been unique, I admit that. I don't like her, but she wouldn't have been another blue-haired sword user. Heck, I like light magic, so I might have actually used her.

I don't think FE reps should follow a pattern of "newest lord gets in" either though. I think Sakurai is doing things right with FE by looking at who is really notable in the game and can bring new stuff to the table instead. Ike may have a sword and blue hair like Marth, but he plays entirely differently. His sword doesn't even really function like most swords do, it's more like a club than anything sometimes. :P And Ike is notable for being the only lord not named Marth to have more than one game with a starring role.

I also like that Sakurai killed the whole idea of "older lord gets cut" by keeping Ike. All those people that kept insisting in my face that Ike wasn't coming back just annoyed me to no end.

Edited by Anacybele

Ike was a great brawler there's no reason for him not to come back apart from newer competition.

And people thought Chrom gave him competition. But Sakurai likes Ike more! lol

You know, I wonder if Ike's Brawl cheer is what it is because the Smash team likes him. XD It does go "We like Ike" after all.

Micaiah would've been unique, I admit that. I don't like her, but she wouldn't have been another blue-haired sword user. Heck, I like light magic, so I might have actually used her.

I don't think FE reps should follow a pattern of "newest lord gets in" either though. I think Sakurai is doing things right with FE by looking at who is really notable in the game and can bring new stuff to the table instead. Ike may have a sword and blue hair like Marth, but he plays entirely differently. His sword doesn't even really function like most swords do, it's more like a club than anything sometimes. :P And Ike is notable for being the only lord not named Marth to have more than one game with a starring role.

I also like that Sakurai killed the whole idea of "older lord gets cut" by keeping Ike. All those people that kept insisting in my face that Ike wasn't coming back just annoyed me to no end.

I'm pretty sure I've told you this before but Leif has a starring role in two games too. His Genealogy of Holy War role probably isn't as big as spot light stealing Ike's is but it's still non negligible and much of Seliph's plot revolves around him. He also has a unique class while his sister doesn't.

I really wish I could consider Micaiah a lord, I feel like she really got shafted in Radiant Dawn. I was one of the ones who liked her character and would have followed her exclusively for a game, or played a game where the role of two armies against each other was played straighter. Simply but though she is not a clear cut lord like many others in the series.

I'm pretty sure I've told you this before but Leif has a starring role in two games too. His Genealogy of Holy War role probably isn't as big as spot light stealing Ike's is but it's still non negligible and much of Seliph's plot revolves around him. He also has a unique class while his sister doesn't.

Uh, last I checked, Sigurd and Seliph were FE4's lords. :/

Uh, last I checked, Sigurd and Seliph were FE4's lords. :/

Seliph and Leif share the role much like Micaiah and Ike do. Your specification was starring role.

Of course I was just one second ago arguing Micaiah isn't a lord. My whole point is that it's extremely subjective and not clear cut especially when it comes to these two games in particular.

Though on the original subject of the newest lord getting into Smash, I think it would have been really cool had Ike and Micaiah got into Brawl. But they were released the same year so there was probably only a limited amount of information they actually had on Radiant Dawn. One might claim Roy as a prerelease character would debunk that but it seems he was a special case. We know Shadow Dragon was already in production at that time but Sakurai didn't know about it and was disappointed no one showed him Marth's updated artwork as he would have liked to use it in Brawl.

Edited by Jotari

Seliph and Leif share the role much like Micaiah and Ike do. Your specification was starring role.

Of course I was just one second ago arguing Micaiah isn't a lord. My whole point is that it's extremely subjective and not clear cut especially when it comes to these two games in particular.

Oh, I see. I misunderstood then. xP

You know, I wonder if Ike's Brawl cheer is what it is because the Smash team likes him. XD It does go "We like Ike" after all.

I don't know about the Japanese cheer, but the English one looks more like a reference to Eisenhower's electoral campaign slogan. It was, after all: "I like Ike".

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I don't know about the Japanese cheer, but the English one looks more like a reference to Eisenhower's electoral campaign slogan. It was, after all: "I like Ike".

tumblr_mdj0fv6Mhe1r3p5ato1_400.jpg

Anyway, I really hope the selection for the retro stages are better than Brawl's retro stages. Mario Bros and Donkey Kong's 75m was atrocious to fight on. I know it's meant to be silly but those two stages, me and my friends can never enjoy them even though we like playing silly games.

Balloon Fight stage for the 3DS I'm remaining skeptical and the Pacman 3DS stage looks meh.

Edited by kingddd