SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too upset about Takamaru being an assist trophy (even if it kind of makes me look dumb for saying that he was one of the most likely unannounced newcomers the other day), but I can completely understand why a huge Takamaru fan would be. I mean, I got really pissed off when Gematsu got proven false and that wasn't even a 100% deconfirmation of Shulk.

Edit: Oh, and as for the buttons a few pages back, one of them has both Shulk AND Isaac, so it would win by default if I was calling the shots. Though the button with Dixie Kong joining and Snake and Mewtwo returning is also tempting, as is the one that brings Hades, K. Rool, Ridley, and gives Ganondorf his own moveset.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

I saw posts saying that the pic of the day description "stung" and stuff. I interpreted that as being upset. My bad.

But whatever. Personally, when I saw Keldeo in the April Direct, I squealed with joy. I thought "KELDEO! :D He's not playable, but yay he's in the game! :D"

I still don't understand who is upset about Takamaru. I'm sure there's someone somewhere out there but I don't see anyone on this forum posting words of sorrow or rage and nobody else on any of the other Smash communities I'm involved with seem particularly moved by this reveal.

I see less people getting upset and more people just being mildly dissapointed.

Kinda surprising that in the early days of SSB4 speculation, Takamaru was considered a shoo-in by a lot of people.(or at least highly likely)

Well, I'm sad about Takamaru, but that's not gonna ruin the game; and if he gets the Little Mac treatment, then this appearence is only for the best!! Now I'm hoping for a Shin Nazo No Murasamejo.

Also, as I said, I still got newcomers that I like, even if they weren't in my wanted list (plus, RD Ike... consider that RD is my favorite FE, lol). Of course, it won't stop me for hoping to see Black Shadow, a second F-Zero rep or a Blood Falcon alt with different voice, even if it's very unlikely... :KnollRoll:

I always liked his theme song especially the NintendoLand remix. It's a pretty fun game considering it's just an even more faster paced top down Zelda 1 game. Funny to note that some of the sounds used in this game was reused in Super Mario Bros 3.

Edited by kingddd

Yeah, I still got RD Ike and newcomers I like too. ROBIN!! :D (and Rosalina too)

I was like the only person that said Robin would get in over Chrom because Robin was more unique and would bring more to the table. And that's exactly what happened. Sakurai even said the same! He said Chrom wasn't unique enough! I was like "whoa, I can't believe how accurate I was on this!"

I hardly expected Lucina though. I was totally wrong on her. I thought she would be an assist trophy or Marth alternate costume. Though it seems the second one almost happened.

Edited by Anacybele

I think it's as I said earlier on. In the early days when people didn't have munch info he seemed very likely but as time went on and the spots kept on going to really unexpected characters his chances just seemed to gradually lessen and lessen.

Edited by Jotari

Really? I thought people only considered Wii Fit Trainer and Villager to be "unexpected." o.O

Greninja, Rosalina and Lucina certainly high up on the list of expected new comers. Sure they had fans like most characters but the likes of Mewto, Bowser Jr and Chrom were much more expected (granted we could still get Mewtwo and I hope we do. Greninja still wasn't nearly as expected as he was given the way Mewtwo was teased in the Greninja trailer).

Miis are also something people have been apprehensive about even though they were likely. Regardless though I doubt many people expected them to appear in the form that they did as three characters. There were also some other curve balls that many people didn't expect like bringing back Charizard but not Ivysaur and Squirtle or splitting Samus and Zelda up.

Edited by Jotari

Wii fit trainer will be a good brawler I think.

I just wished that the person 'Lilo' who was using her in the Smash Bros Invitational wasn't such a coward the entire tournament and treehouse. It left a pretty bad impression on me when I first saw her being played. Luckily a lot of other players were more competent using her in other videos.

I'm surprised so many people expected Chrom over Robin. Imo, Robin was the more obvious choice because of the tome usage and stuff. And I was even more surprised that anyone expected both Chrom AND Lucina to get in and replace Marth or Ike or both.

I'm actually wondering why Chrom wasn't picked, he is the main Lord of the newest Fe game no less.

He would've been a boring choice since he wouldn't bring anything new to the game. Sakurai explained this himself. He felt Robin had more uniqueness. And I agree with him fully.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm actually wondering why Chrom wasn't picked, he is the main Lord of the newest Fe game no less.

If you look over this page you will notice someone has already referenced Sakurai's own words as to why Chrom wasn't put in.

I just wished that the person 'Lilo' who was using her in the Smash Bros Invitational wasn't such a coward the entire tournament and treehouse. It left a pretty bad impression on me when I first saw her being played. Luckily a lot of other players were more competent using her in other videos.

I was upset too, that WFT was the worst thing and I was glad she got rekt in the next match.

But you can see Takamaru or Chrom kick ass since they're an assist trophy and Final Smash respectively. I still don't understand. I wanted Keldeo playable, but you don't see me crying because he's just a Pokeball mon. I'm just glad he's in at all!

Lemme put this in perspective. What would be your reaction if Ike was an assist?

When I learned Isaac was an AT in Brawl I think I was reasonably pissed same as Saki and starfy fans

Lemme put this in perspective. What would be your reaction if Ike was an assist?

I'd be glad he's in the game at all and I'd still play it just to try summoning him. Though considering he's always my most wanted these days, I might be a bit more upset. Keldeo was still one of my most wanted newcomers though.

Making Lucina a clone of Marth is more justifiable than making Chrom a clone of either one of them, if you ask me. And this is coming from someone that likes Lucina even less than Chrom. So believe me, I would've rather had Chrom over her if another Awakening rep got in along with Robin.

Edited by Anacybele

Hah, it's funny how Takamaru showed up just as people started talking about him. XD

It's even funnier for me. I actually had another dream about Takamaru being in the game the night before the discussion about him started here.

(Ridley was in that dream as well. He'd better be playable.)

Edited by Nova

Lucina and Chrom are moderately equal in Fire emblem awakening so I think if chrom was in SSB4 he would probably be a bit stronger than Lucina.- a bit off topic

So Takamaru is an AT huh. Well, that's a little disappointing. Oh well, there's always next game... *shrugs*

I honestly could come up with a Chrom move set that doesn't emulate Marth or Ike.

Like for example his up b being that buzzsaw slash in the arena cut scene. You hold in place for a few moments then launch spinning death in a direction you pick.

You could have incorporated his more sliding slashes for a more beat down rush moveset, along with maybe some of his reclass options. (Bows, Lances, Axes) using the pair up system for a couple b moves or A moves with his various possible love interests.

But this is mere rambling. I'm happy with what we got but I'm still sad Chrom isn't there. At least he got a cool fs cameo despite me not playing with items more then half the time.