SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Oh, okay. I had no idea. The only "onyx" I've ever heard of is people misspelling Onix. xP

Well, "Onix" is basically a misspelling of Onyx. So yeah.

Trying to find where I read that about Ike (there were details for other characters, as well). Really wish I'd kept it somewhere, don't know why I didn't.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the Reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2fmn1z/just_got_back_from_smash_4_demo_ill_answer_what/

I'm not sure if this was a response to the source commenting on "onyx armor" or if it's actually confirmed, but someone did say "YES THEY PUT THE VANGUARD IKE COSTUME HOLY SHIT I CALLED IT." Considering the source probably hasn't played Radiant Dawn, "onyx armor" could very well be referring to Vanguard Ike, but we'll have to wait and see.

All of my want. I would use this costume every time if it were in. EVERY TIME.

The person who made the Fire Rosalina pic also has a BUNCH of other costumes:

Fierce Deity Link:

fierce_deity_link_ssb4__wip__by_simplede

Fire Peach:

fire_power_peach_ssb4_by_simplederk-d7ov

Hooded Robin:

hooded_robin_ssb4_by_simplederk-d7rfube.

Black Shulk:

black_shulk_ssb4_by_simplederk-d7xvqeo.p

Golf / Patriotic Mario:

patriot_golf_mario_by_simplederk-d7q106t

Skyward Sword Link:

skyward_sword_link_ssb4_by_simplederk-d7

Fire Rosalina:

fire_power_rosalina_ssb4_by_simplederk-dWd5m5Z3.png

The Fire Rosalina & Peach ones are really interesting. He's very talented in making these look official by adding the ponytails! (Either that, or I'm THAT ignorant on the subject of recoloring).

Edited by Carter

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I love those pics, Link, Peach, Shulk and Rosalina DAYUM

edit: also isn't Rosalina's colors inverted? PotD features her with white dress and the other thingies red (dunno the term in english lol).

Edit2: Dobladillo ~ Cuffs?

Edited by Quintessence

I found the Reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2fmn1z/just_got_back_from_smash_4_demo_ill_answer_what/

I'm not sure if this was a response to the source commenting on "onyx armor" or if it's actually confirmed, but someone did say "YES THEY PUT THE VANGUARD IKE COSTUME HOLY SHIT I CALLED IT." Considering the source probably hasn't played Radiant Dawn, "onyx armor" could very well be referring to Vanguard Ike, but we'll have to wait and see.

Oh, I see the comment! JUST OH MY GODS I HOPE THE GUY IS RIGHT THAT WILL BE 3/4 THINGS SAKURAI DID WITH IKE THAT I WANTED HIM TO DO JUST YESSS!! :D

RD Ike design - Check!

Blue fire - Check!

Vanguard Ike alternate - Seems to be CHECK! :D

Even if the Ragnell ranged attack is not even anywhere in the custom stuff, it would still be a dream come true. I'd wanted to play as Hero/Vanguard Ike in Smash since I first played through RD! Sakurai is just the BEST.

Edited by Anacybele

Probably the onyx armor is referring to BK's armor.

I doubt it. Why do the BK when Ike's Vanguard garb is obviously way easier to use? The BK's garb doesn't look anywhere close to what RD Ike wears.

Edited by Anacybele

Now that I hear that Robin plays solidly, I'm much more hyped to play him.

I was expectin' him to be mid tier because of the space animal bias, but yeah, they're shooting the top tier fighters with nerf guns now. Sword wielders seem to be taking over the meta it seems. I think Shulk and Robin might take the throne, though Shulk was actually noted to have some start-up lag. Heavy weights seem to be rising up too, so this Smash Bros. might be much more interesting.

Ana:

220px-Black_Onyx.jpg

As much as I hate to say it.

I Googled it myself, that's not the only color it comes in. And I still will not believe that Sakurai would go with a BK color scheme over freaking VANGUARD.

Red Fox JUST linked that to me a little while ago. lol But they're also talking about Vanguard still being a possibility. If both are in though, I have no complaint. Black Knight is badass, as is Vanguard Ike.

I just think that the idea of BK colors being in but Vanguard colors not is just wtf weird. xP

Haha, my bad then, looking back, I should've followed the link

Edit: off topic post, uh, that landing lag on Falcon's knee of justice is disgusting, it's a shame to see such a cool move lose some viability just like that

Edited by Spiky

821C360D-F79B-4E4B-A2DE-5530B98AA961.jpg

Fierce Diety Link is one of Link's new costumes.

Also Alph causes the character name (and the announcer) to change to Pikmin & Alph.

We also see Fire Rosalina... and Diddy's Dixie outfit.

DDFBD89F-A5C5-41AF-885C-3CC8B4422EF8.jpg

This is Fox's Wolf costume and what looks like Dark Pit.

-Lucina is not playable.

-chrom appears in robins victory pose.

Chrom is looking good there

USVPEND.jpg

Well...:D
At least it's done in a way to have him in the game. :D
Thank you, Sakurai for making Chrom important enough to be as Robin's alt. :3
He understands on how much that we love him. :333

Link got some stylish purple and Fierce Deities so I'm happy, shame Zelda got jacksquat again, then again Sakurai seems to really hate her.

He would never make smash only for his own desires and intentions since this series is for everybody.

Ooh, interesting tidbits! Sounds awesome! And playing different from Brawl is fine with me even though I had no problem with its mechanics. I like a new experience. ^^

By the way, someone said earlier that Ike no longer has a flip for his second jump. Not that this really bothers me, but I'm curious as to why this is, cause if he can flip like he does in Aether, surely keeping his jump flip isn't an issue...? Plus, the flipping is kinda cool. lol

How he does that with the bld that he has? =o
He must be phenomenal than at least most men.

I don't know if it was mentioned before (since I can't find it in the spoilers a few pages back), but Peach (apparently) now has a Fire Flower alt! Yay!

I hope that includes the ponytail too, because they removed it from Rosalina's Fire Flower alt (along with inverting the colors of the dress). And on top of that, a black palette swap...? I wonder how that'll look on Peach...

Going back to old Mario Bros school.
Nice! Hoope that she has red hair with that alt.
AfPNQ2.jpg
We need the original Peach back.

Oh. also, even if the 3DS version doesn't have unlockable costumes or such, we can always hope the Wii U version does since Sakurai said the 3DS version won't limit the Wii U verson. So he could have put in lots of cool stuff that we won't see in the 3DS version.

Like the IC. :/

Oh, I see the comment! JUST OH MY GODS I HOPE THE GUY IS RIGHT THAT WILL BE 3/4 THINGS SAKURAI DID WITH IKE THAT I WANTED HIM TO DO JUST YESSS!! :D

RD Ike design - Check!

Blue fire - Check!

Vanguard Ike alternate - Seems to be CHECK! :D

Even if the Ragnell ranged attack is not even anywhere in the custom stuff, it would still be a dream come true. I'd wanted to play as Hero/Vanguard Ike in Smash since I first played through RD! Sakurai is just the BEST.

They need to have him use a ranged Ragnell attack. It's not really the Ragnell without ranged attacking. D:

But...not powerful enough to brush them off stage as it is too op unless that it's a final smash.

Edited by PuffPuff

If Pit still has a Dark Pit outfit, what does that mean for the leak saying Dark Pit is his own character?

Look at the image carefully. Notice how his scarf is way more purple and his leaf bands are not yellow? It's his purple color scheme not his dark pit colors. Dark pit's colors are different.

Darkpit_artnew.png

Edited by kingddd