SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Am I the only one here really excited about Alph? He's kool.

I am. I loved Pikmin 3 and it was great to see someone from it. If it was Louie, oh man would I be kind of angry.

Edited by kingddd

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only comment about that storm when I skimmed and saw "Lucina didn't deserve to be in" or some BS is:

"Complaining about Lucina getting in Smash 4 is like complaining about getting a free item in a Buy 3 get 1 free deal. Lucina being the 'freebie'"

But going back to what I was trying to steer the conversation to besides the storm...

Do you guys feel the same way about Brawl's netcode that I do?

Edited by shadowofchaos

I am. I loved Pikmin 3 and it was great to see someone from it. If it was Louie, oh man would I be kind of angry.

Louie was exceedingly extrusive. No, I don't want to save you, Louie.

rrof-senpai noticed me~

also that was correct use, she's a mod

Edited by Monado Boy

I doubt even ClevelandSteve, who is a known hater (at least I'm pretty sure) of both Robin and Lucina wouldn't go nearly this far.

Actually, I love Lucina. She's my second favorite newcomer. I do hate Robin, but I'm not going out of my way to avoid him/her. Hell, I'm even going to give Robin a chance to be my main. Same with Sonic, who I also highly dislike (while the difference is that I understand Sonic is the single most deserving third party character and thus should not have been cut, despite my personal tastes, while I'd rather have Robin replaced with some other FE character and just have Lucina to represent Awakening).

Not the biggest fan of Dr. Mario or Dark Pit, but that's really just because they are two of the most uninspired clone choices ever (I mean, you could have promoted Alph to a clone and left one of those two as an alt costume. Maybe replaced the other one by turning Peach's Daisy recolor into a full clone. Or maybe have Bowser Jr. and three of the Koopalings have one slot while the other four Koopalings have another slot, so that each one gets one recolor)

The only one I hate enough to not give a chance to be my main is Lucario, but even in that case I'm not going to go to the extremes that Ana is going to (and not just because Lucario is a starter so I can't avoid unlocking him). I will not refuse to fight someone just because they will or might use Lucario, in fact I would love the chance to kick his overrated, overhyped ass. I will even play as Lucario to get any rewards (i.e. his trophies) that come with beating various modes as him (or ones that require you to do something with every character). I just expect to use him as my first-ever dedicated punching bag.

Edit: I also dislike Falco for staying instead of Wolf. And because I never liked Falco ever since I played Star Fox 64 as a kid. But, he's in the same group as Robin, Sonic, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit. He might end up being my main for all I know.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

Louie was exceedingly extrusive. No, I don't want to save you, Louie.

rrof-senpai noticed me~

also that was correct use, she's a mod

man freaking Louie, he was a dick in Pikmin 2 and he is even worse in Pikmin 3. Freaking Miyamoto making me hate him even more.

My only comment about that storm when I skimmed and saw "Lucina didn't deserve to be in" or some BS is:

"Complaining about Lucina getting in Smash 4 is like complaining about getting a free item in a Buy 3 get 1 free deal. Lucina being the 'freebie'"

But going back to what I was trying to steer the conversation to besides the storm...

Do you guys feel the same way about Brawl's netcode that I do?

Oh yeah, Brawl's Online was really, really bad. If it's the same in Smash 4, I will be very disappointed.

Actually, I love Lucina. She's my second favorite newcomer. I do hate Robin, but I'm not going out of my way to avoid him/her. Hell, I'm even going to give Robin a chance to be my main. Same with Sonic, who I also highly dislike (while the difference is that I understand Sonic is the single most deserving third party character and thus should not have been cut, despite my personal tastes, while I'd rather have Robin replaced with some other FE character and just have Lucina to represent Awakening).

Not the biggest fan of Dr. Mario or Dark Pit, but that's really just because they are two of the most uninspired clone choices ever (I mean, you could have promoted Alph to a clone and left one of those two as an alt costume. Maybe replaced the other one by turning Peach's Daisy recolor into a full clone. Or maybe have Bowser Jr. and three of the Koopalings have one slot while the other four Koopalings have another slot, so that each one gets one recolor)

The only one I hate enough to not give a chance to be my main is Lucario, but even in that case I'm not going to go to the extremes that Ana is going to (and not just because Lucario is a starter so I can't avoid unlocking him). I will not refuse to fight someone just because they will or might use Lucario, in fact I would love the chance to kick his overrated, overhyped ass. I will even play as Lucario to get any rewards (i.e. his trophies) that come with beating various modes as him (or ones that require you to do something with every character). I just expect to use him as my first-ever dedicated punching bag.

i like lucario

u wot m8

Then again, it's never a good idea to say in a smash thread/miiverse about you hating someone. It'll just bring further catastrophe. :/

As they say..."Keep it to yourself."

Edited by PuffPuff

Actually, I love Lucina. She's my second favorite newcomer. I do hate Robin, but I'm not going out of my way to avoid him/her. Hell, I'm even going to give Robin a chance to be my main.

Can someone please give this person a medal for being mature about how they handle a character they dislike?

/late to the costume party

RE: Marth's alt costumes

Marth#8 is Roy's outfit in Melee. Purple+red cape gives it away.

Marth#6, I cannot for the life of me figure out. Celice has white boots, Eliwood and Ike and Chris have white pants, Ephraim has off-white pants, Marth's Melee and Brawl outfits have a light-blue tunic. ...Is it just the "blue Smash outfit", like the red and green and black ones? ._.

7e17264aac0077bdc0fd2971176046f1_view.jp

R2D2 is the only android we need

Alright guys with the starting roster. First character you're going to use? First thing you're going to do?

For me, Mario to Classic mode.

Edited by kingddd

/late to the costume party

RE: Marth's alt costumes

Marth#8 is Roy's outfit in Melee. Purple+red cape gives it away.

Marth#6, I cannot for the life of me figure out. Celice has white boots, Eliwood and Ike and Chris have white pants, Ephraim has off-white pants, Marth's Melee and Brawl outfits have a light-blue tunic. ...Is it just the "blue Smash outfit", like the red and green and black ones? ._.

P09n78.png

>>>>>>>everything else.

It would be a dream come true.

Edited by PuffPuff

Alright guys with the starting roster. First character you're going to use? First thing you're going to do?

Is that even a QUESTION?!

I'll be playing Peach. Then heading over to Smash Run and fighting level 9 CPU's of Zelda, Zero Suit Samus, and Ike.

Then the same thing again, except I'm Zelda, and Peach is CPU. So on and so forth.

but this...I don't know if there is a strong enough word for what this is.

24wv7mv.gif

It is. And not that really fun kind either.

Ana, I'm probably going to be the calmest person to respond to you here.

Stinking lies. :P:

Ana, no one can make you use Lucina in Smash. You dont need to use her. But to completely ragequit if you face a Lucina in a match is...well...Im sorry, but its weak. Not wanting to use a character, or not liking a character isnt really that big of a deal. But jumping through hoops to flat out avoid that character is just not going to solve anything. Plus, its going to actually wound your enjoyment of the game and no one wants that.

tDewoZw.gif

Pass some this way, mang.

Am I going to get a bunch of people asking if I like them now?

Nope. *Duck Hunt Dog snicker*

Back to Smash, dat Duck Hunt Dog doe. Seriously, im so hyped for him.

[spoiler=Look at dis guy!]

fzS23t1.gif

So hype. His animations look gr9.

First thing i do in Smash? Training Mode so i can actually get a feel for the controls. Then Classic Mode with Peach or Shulk. Then matches with all the friends ever.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Seeing as Palutena starts with all 12 of her moveset options unlocked, I'll be starting with her and getting a feel for her.

Then I'll be playing Rosalina and Luma, and maining whichever of the two I like the feel of the most and making the other a secondary. I'll also be throwing Bowser Jr. into the mix as well as Dark Pit and Dr. Mario.

R2D2 is the only android we need

For me, Mario to Classic mode.

Probably Shulk through classic mode, though I may want to save that until I get some practice fighting low-level computer opponents as him in VS Matches and instead go through Classic as someone I already know like Link or Bowser.

One thing I was wondering about myself is, if the rumors of getting more characters for linking the 3DS to the Wii U are true, if it has to be the same Nintendo ID in order to link the games. Because I plan on waiting for the Wii U Version while I have a cousin who is getting the 3DS version, and it would be so much simpler if we could just link up our games to each other. Of course, since I don't have my Wii U yet I could always use my cousin's ID as my own if I need to, but that would probably cause people to wonder why my Nintendo ID says I'm a girl named Jenny.

the first thing i'll do is unlock everybody and test everyone out just to see how they feel, though it'll definitely be focused on lucina and lucario. ...i'm still salty over ice climbers and pantsless marth...

Edited by Comet

You ship Robin x Robin, of course I like you.

Am I going to get a bunch of people asking if I like them now?

Have I irked you in any way?

'Cuz if I haven't, I'm failing as the Umad King. ;-;.

Also obligatory shitstorm comment here.

Anyway, woo. Costumes. And another missed opportunity for the white colored Marth to have brown hair, thus completing the very obvious Leif tribute.