SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

So even though I didn't care too much, a friend of mine was eligible for demo codes and since he has no friends other than myself and my brother, he gave us both codes, so now I'm about to be smashing.

Yay nice, its fun mega man and villager are so trolly (mainly villager)

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't make the effort to reply to your last post, Ana, since everyone else here already did. Let's just say that my opinion on that mostly coincides with what Carter said.

->

While I agree with you that she has started out that way (and I honestly liked her that way) in more modern Mario times, she's turned into something like Waluigi or Toadette.

I'd just like to ask again: What makes her likeable to you? It's quite a subjective thing, but I'd really like to know.

To me, she's just redundant. She fills the exact same role as Peach, she looks much like her and since Mario isn't really story-heavy, I also don't see much personality (And what I see, personality-wise, doesn't seem to be too great).

Edit: Did I just find my way into the thread title? o.O

Edited by Nova

I'd just like to ask again: What makes her likeable to you? It's quite a subjective thing, but I'd really like to know.

Alright then, if you say so.

- Way better design than Peach. Yellow > pink and I like her hair more. I like flowers a lot too. And I think she's just overall prettier. In fact, I like her design best out of the three princesses.

- I like her voice better. And the way she says some stuff, such as "You know it!" and "That's right!" in Mario Party 8.

- She's supposed to be a tomboy and I like the idea of a tomboy princess.

And that's pretty much it, really.

Could we talk a bit about smash? So, how do you feel about the soundtrack? It is probably one of my favorite things in smash, all the tracks look amazing and the 3ds has a more limited library than the Wii U so just imagine the Wii U's version Soundtrack!

This is one of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqfm8k0Wtvg

Edited by Deino

Alright then, if you say so.

- Way better design than Peach. Yellow > pink and I like her hair more. I like flowers a lot too. And I think she's just overall prettier. In fact, I like her design best out of the three princesses.

- I like her voice better. And the way she says some stuff, such as "You know it!" and "That's right!" in Mario Party 8.

- She's supposed to be a tomboy and I like the idea of a tomboy princess.

And that's pretty much it, really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EDQaHf8cT8

I've been shown this before. And I don't see how it's relevant to anything. Also, hearing ANY phrase over and over for thirty fucking minutes is going to be annoying.

Could we talk a bit about smash?

My apologies. I was trying to talk more about Smash (by bringing up why Daisy isn't an alternate model for Peach), but it just kept derailing. I won't say I'm not partly to blame though, so yeah.

Also technical Rosalina is Peaches daughter.

And @Ana, didn't someone present a reasonable theory that Peach + Luigi = Rosalina's parents until Nintendo said NO I WILL NOT ANNOUNCE ANYTHING ON THE MATTER ANYMORE YOU SMELLY AMERICANS CAN STEW IN YOUR CURIOSITY

Requesting source out of personal curiosity.

Uh, how can any of the current Mario cast be Rosalina's parents if she's been around for thousands of years? (her observatory passes by the Mushroom Kingdom's planet every thousand years)

I'd comment on the soundtrack, but I haven't heard anything from it except what's in the demo. I don't want to spoil myself of EVERY detail in the game. I'll spoil myself of the roster and stages and assist trophies, but that's really it.

Edited by Anacybele

Why wouldn't it count? It happened, so it's canonical. You can't just come up with arbitrary reasons to sweep something under the rug.

There is no such thing as "canon" in the Mario series, that's why it doesn't count.

From Super Mario Wiki:

Unlike many other franchises, the Mario series and its many spin-offs do not have an officially recognized canon.
Edited by NinjaMonkey

DaisyxGroot OTP.

I wouldn't be against Daisy getting into the next Smash Bros. game. I mean, she'd probably be a clone of Peach added towards the end of development, but hopefully she's one of the like the clones in Melee that were different in some significant ways from their originals (or even better, the ones in Brawl that were barely clones) rather than the clones in SSB4.

Speaking of SSB4's clones, I also hope Lucina returns in SSB5 but as more different from Marth, sort of like the treatment Luigi got in Melee and Falco and Toon Link (if you consider him a spirtual successor to Young Link) got in Brawl. SSB is kinda short of female characters even after all the female newcomers in this game, so it would be a shame to lose one. And she's far less of a waste as a character than Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, so it's also a shame that she's even clonier than either of them.

Uh, how can any of the current Mario cast be Rosalina's parents if she's been around for thousands of years? (her observatory passes by the Mushroom Kingdom's planet every thousand years)

I'd comment on the soundtrack, but I haven't heard anything from it except what's in the demo. I don't want to spoil myself of EVERY detail in the game. I'll spoil myself of the roster and stages and assist trophies, but that's really it.

The sources I posted clears the question up for you. Anyways I dare say this Smash has the best VGM in Nintendo history. Prove me wrong.

Edited by Ace Gamer

@Ana

Einstein's theories actually explain how Rosalina's been around for so fucking long, believe it or not.

Watch those videos that ACE Gamer posted, please everyone should, it's quite interesting

Edited by Sara.

The Soundtrack for the game is awesome. Can't say the same for the reused victory themes. I wanted Robin's victory theme to be similar to the IDs :(. Shulk's victory theme is epic though.

As for favorite stage music, I really love the Magicant theme.

The sources I posted clears the question up for you. Anyways I dare say this Smash has the best VGM in Nintendo history. Prove me wrong.

Sorry, but I stopped listening when the guy said "like fifteen Fire Emblem characters confirmed and Ness hasn't been announced yet. Get your priorities straight, Nintendo!" Someone that says BS like this can't be very credible.

Anyways I dare say this Smash has the best VGM in Nintendo history. Prove me wrong.

I need to wait to see which songs make it into the Wii U version. There are a few better soundtracks I can think of (Xenoblade comes to mind as one, though more of the best from Xenoblade make make it into the Wii U version), but we don't technically know the full SSB4 Soundtrack until we know the full Wii U version soundtrack.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

Sorry, but I stopped listening when the guy said "like fifteen Fire Emblem characters confirmed and Ness hasn't been announced yet. Get your priorities straight, Nintendo!" Someone that says BS like this can't be very credible.

It's a slight jab at the FE roster size. That's all. Nothing more.

It's a slight jab at the FE roster size. That's all. Nothing more.

He's also comparing FE to Earthbound/Mother and saying they should have equal priority (or maybe that Earthbound/Mother should be higher priority), which is dumb. FE is a much larger series overall and probably has a bigger fanbase too.

Edited by Anacybele

He's also comparing FE to Earthbound/Mother and saying they should have equal priority (or maybe that Earthbound/Mother should be higher priority), which is dumb. FE is a much larger series overall and probably has a bigger fanbase too.

It's just a jab at the amount of FE reps on the roster. The rest of the video is quite well done.

Edited by Shulk

True, but at the time of the video Ness was yet to be announced and more FE characters(Robin and Lucina) were there. Wouldn't you be a bit worried if a series with little rep is being ignored for a bigger series?

Edited by Ace Gamer

There is no such thing as "canon" in the Mario series, that's why it doesn't count.

From Super Mario Wiki:

Dude that's not how canon works. Unless the creator (or someone important enough) comes out and claims that certain entries in a series are non-canon, we assume everything is canon.

The Mario series HAS an established canon. No way around that.

Anyways I dare say this Smash has the best VGM in Nintendo history. Prove me wrong.

Well, there is Donkey Kong Country 2.

It's still a little sad that they've limited the number of songs per stage to two. I'll wait till the WiiU version until I judge the soundtrack. But as it stands now, I'm missing quite a few songs (Not that I'd want to criticize).

I hope the WiiU-version gets another Kirbystage besides Halberd (never liked it) with some of the awesome final boss themes of the series. And don't let them ruin them like they did with Zero Two's theme.

I've seen that the awesome Stickerbrush Symphony (/Bramble Blast) remix from Brawl is in the game. It probably plays on Jungle Japes, right?

Finally I can fight to that song on a stage that isn't as awful as Rumble Falls. God, I love that omegamodefeature.