SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Where have I ever said I hated Mario? I don't hate him at all. The only characters in the roster that I hate are the other four you mentioned. There are no others. Okay, well, I'm no Ganondorf fan, but I don't HATE him.

I'm sorry, but where was there anything that said I couldn't consider that to be top tier?

Not trying to rag on you here, but being in B tier when the A- tier, A+ tier, S tier, and SS tier are a thing doesn't count as top tier.

Edited by Shulk

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really liking what I'm hearing about Bowser so far. I play as him all the time in both Melee and Brawl, if he's really as improved as everyone is saying...I'm a happy camper. Also I plan to use Lucina and Dark Pit, even though I wish they had unique moves. Well, I'll use them if Amazon finally ships me my copy, that is...

Not trying to rag on you here, but being in B tier when the A- tier, A+ tier, S tier, and SS tier are a thing doesn't count as top tier.

Yeah, but ZSS only has eight characters ahead of her out of 40. If there were a bunch more, then I'd agree with you.

Yeah, but ZSS only has eight characters ahead of her out of 40. If there were a bunch more, then I'd agree with you.

if there are 8 characters above her, she's not top tier. good? yeah, but not top tier.

These tier splits aren't arbitrary, they represent gaps in ability. There are four tiers above ZSS's, therefore there are four gaps in ability in which better characters belong. That is not top tier.

I'm really liking what I'm hearing about Bowser so far. I play as him all the time in both Melee and Brawl, if he's really as improved as everyone is saying...I'm a happy camper. Also I plan to use Lucina and Dark Pit, even though I wish they had unique moves. Well, I'll use them if Amazon finally ships me my copy, that is...

All i can say is, he wrecks everyone. One of the best heavy weighted powerhouse now. I can actually win with him unlike in melee or brawl. The buffs are a great welcome change and I'm using him much more frequently now.

Alright, then you'll get your turn after Rando. Man, everyone wants to play me right now. lol

I'll be available a little later as I've already got work to do on the Smash game for the Eng version(Need some of the costumes for my Mii's in that version to have them look right before I use them) and still got to work on the Jap version as well as I've got to transfer my already final rooster 97 completed Mii fighters as well. The wait will be worth it in the end. Especially, with the Wii-U's version! Xenoblade is already on my ass as well. :D

Amazon STILL hasn't shipped my copy. I'm getting really annoyed... :/

Also, question about Mii Fighter costumes. What kinds are there? Is there, like, a ninja costume? Cyborg? Regular everyday clothes?

That's strange. -.-

I've just got my copy in the mail today. On a Sunday. Thanks to the two day free shipping Amazon Prime subscription. Free shipping for all month long if you get it!

There aren't anymore than 6 costumes for the body and aren't anymore than any of these actually.

Well, I apologize to anyone that wanted to play me, but I've decided to quit playing with other people. I suicide way too much and I just can't seem to stop. Not to mention that my button commands don't always go through for some reason. I try to do one move, but end up doing another and it messes me up. I guess the 3DS controls just don't work for me. I'm sorry...

I'll also be taking my FC out of the club thread and resigning from tournaments, of course.

Aww... that's a shame...

You'll be willing to try again with the Wii U Smash Bros., right?

At least the Wii-U's version will do things right. =]
That's part of the reason why that I'm waiting to start my ultimate royals! :D

I was super hyped to play Shulk in Smash 4, since I love Xenoblade and he shares a lot of aerials with my old main Ike, but it's been really rough trying to learn him. I keep accidentally back slashing when I try to move and switch Monado Arts at the same time, which has resulted in a lot self-destructs. That said, I think I'm finally getting the hang of him, and I'm really enjoying fighting as him. Back Slash has a huge range of attack, and his counter has an absurd number of active frames compared to the FE swordsman I'm used to. Also, his Arts, though sometimes impractical to cycle through, can give him some welcome boosts. Speed is a godsend against people like Sonic and Sheik, Shield is a beauty at high percentages (though it exacerbates his horrid recovery), and Smash can result in some really early kills. He may or may not be great at the ultra-competitive level, but I am really feeling it.

Understanding more about this character now is giving further hype of him as Xenoblade is really addictive. xD

It sucks that I don't have that much time over the next few days to organize any matches. I've been trying to unlock as much stuff as possible as fast as I can, as well as hopefully improve my skills to a more competitive level. I have to say, the difficulty lowering every time you get a game over during classic really ticks me off, it did so in Kid Icarus as well but more so here, always only happens when I'm fighting Master Core.

Impressions on the characters I've played extensively.

Little Mac- Really fun to play as, I love zooming around the stage and beating the crap out of people. His attacks are fast and strong, his specials are great (when they don't cause your own death)

Lucina- I never really paid attention to using the tipper on Marth, so Lucina makes for good new main material for me. Shield breaking is really fun to do in For Glory, Shield Breaker in general seems like a better move. Unfortunately, the rest of her moves seem a little slow, that may just be me.

Samus- Her attacks still seem slow, but she is really good at damaging in the air. Charge shots are also really useful. Up aerial and screw attack are good for sending people out of the top of the screen, and if they don't, you can always charge shot them when they are grounded again.

Shulk- I am not fast enough with the Monado Arts to take advantage of them, I really like Shulk, he plays really well, but I can never get people into a combo with him.

Link- Gotta love that jump attack. Also the boomerang doing damage is really nice.

Charizard- Probably one of the more underrated characters, Charizard is now a beast. He can deal a lot of damage and then easily KO them with a fast Fly or Flare Blitz. Flare Blitz in particular is probably the best buff they could have given him.

Realistically, he could never combo in his game. Nintendo did a good job with his statistics and characteristics.

Where have I ever said I hated Mario? I don't hate him at all. The only characters in the roster that I hate are the other four you mentioned. There are no others. Okay, well, I'm no Ganondorf fan, but I don't HATE him.

I'm sorry, but where was there anything that said I couldn't consider that to be top tier?

When they have made him better in this game! Cleared all-star on hard with him. :D

Edited by PuffPuff

...Why does Little Mac have a move that automatically KOs someone no matter what their damage is? That is really not fair. No one else can do such a thing.

...Why does Little Mac have a move that automatically KOs someone no matter what their damage is? That is really not fair. No one else can do such a thing.

It wouldn't be the KO uppercut if that weren't to happen and his recovery is god awful to make up for that!

He has horrible recovery and aerial, and i think it doesn't ko Heavyweights at low %...right?

Think what you will, you won't change my mind. But apparently my definition of top tier is different from yours. Deal with it.

Your stubbornness is ridiculous. Why can't you ever just admit to being wrong? No competitive player would ever say Brawl ZSS is top tier, yet you're insisting you can say that because it's "your definition." You might as well be saying 1 + 1 = 3 because "1" means something different to you than it does for the rest of the world, therefore there is no changing your mind even though you're blatantly wrong.

Your arbitrary "definition" of tiers is wrong and meaningless. Deal with it.

Although, I feel that giving your Mii's any Adventuring Mode boosts leeches the fun out of any tournament. Which I won't do since the boosts that you give them through creation is good enough itself. Customizing moves does take time, but it'll be worth the wait once the Wii-U's version comes out which I am dying for now as the controls often mess me up...too. -.-

Customizing moves does take time, but it'll be worth the wait once the Wii-U's version comes out which I am dying for now as the controls often mess me up...too. -.-

I personally hope that the connect your 3DS to Wii U feature allows you to transfer the custom moves that you unlocked in the 3ds version to the Wii U version. Unlocking these is a bit of a pain.

He has horrible recovery and aerial, and i think it doesn't ko Heavyweights at low %...right?

It automatically knocked out my Ike though. And Ike is a heavy. He might not've been at low damage though.

It automatically knocked out my Ike though. And Ike is a heavy. He might not've been at low damage though.

this is important

I personally hope that the connect your 3DS to Wii U feature allows you to transfer the custom moves that you unlocked in the 3ds version to the Wii U version. Unlocking these is a bit of a pain.

Hoping that they don't show just a shadowy ? figure when you don't have these unlockables when they're strapped on your already finished characters. -.-