SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Partly messed up button inputs and partly I have absolutely no idea. Sometimes when I'm trying to do up B, I do side B instead. And sometimes when I DO do up B and get right to the edge of the platform, my character still falls to their death instead of grabbing the edge for some reason.

When I use Greninja, I keep messing up the Up-B by using side-B instead. It happens

Also

Oh yeah, Ana, I want to fight as well. Be prepared to win though because I suck

can fight at like anytime

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo Graham mind if i get in on that match?

I'm gonna need Ana's FC first though

Would that be cool if i added your FC, Ana?

EDIT:

whoops, sorry

Edited by Sockmaster

Yo Graham mind if i get in on that match?

I'm gonna need Ana's FC first though

Would that be cool if i added your FC, Ana?

I'd like to do some 1v1s, but if she wants to do more after them then I'm cool with it

but she said not right now and I'm only here on weekends so

maybe I'll make an exception

Edited by Necromancer Graham

lol no, this game is way different from Brawl. It has faster gameplay, and like I said, a lot of characters were tweaked. And I played Brawl to death. I didn't transfer well to this game at all.

i didn't mean that this game should be played exactly the same as before. i just happen to think that the same fundamentals apply. camping is still really good, and the best way to play this game is probably defensively. as for characters, you just need to get used to them. of course they're not going to be the same; it's a different game, after all.

ZSS is WAY too overpowered in this game. She has ridiculous speed, strength, and range and so many unavoidable combos. I hate to say it, but we have a Meta Knight 2.0. >_>

Isn't that good? ZSS FANS REJOICE!

I mained ZSS back in Brawl, and the transfer from Brawl to Smash 4 was MORE than a-okay! You should try her sometime! She might not become your main, and you might not like her playstyle, but she can become a secondary!

And not everyone is good with ZSS. You might have just been playing against ZSS mains, those who quickly adjusted to the Smash 4 version, *wink* *cough*.

I butcher Duck Hunt, Sheik, Bowser, Greninja but that's just me because I hate them all :)

Can someone please tell me why everyone but me hates Greninja

I was really wanting to main him, but his attack range is utterly awful.

Can someone please tell me why everyone but me hates Greninja

Probably still salty about Mewtwo

I don't know actually, i tried out Greninja a couple of times.

The first time, he felt a bit awkward and his side B confused me

But after a few matches i started to feel for Greninja and it was ok

I would play as it, but i wouldn't main Greninja

EDIT:

Gaia, i added ya

Edited by Sockmaster

Well, I both love and hate Shulk's counter. It has a lot of active frames which is good, but easy to punish. My real problem with it though it that the animation where he steps back and charges forward has a tendency to miss, especially against Little Mac. Also, I'm up to play against anyone who wants, my FC is in my sig.

Isn't that good? ZSS FANS REJOICE!

I mained ZSS back in Brawl, and the transfer from Brawl to Smash 4 was MORE than a-okay! You should try her sometime! She might not become your main, and you might not like her playstyle, but she can become a secondary!

And not everyone is good with ZSS. You might have just been playing against ZSS mains, those who quickly adjusted to the Smash 4 version, *wink* *cough*.

I butcher Duck Hunt, Sheik, Bowser, Greninja but that's just me because I hate them all :)

No, it is NOT good. We don't need anymore Meta Knights. It's far too annoying and ruins the fun of the game. And you won't be cheering if ZSS is banned from tournaments due to her overpoweredness.

And again, no. I don't like her and I never did. I have no desire to use her at all.

And I hate ZSS. There you go.

So, I did go back to 1 vs 1 in For Glory, and I did have some fun playing against this guy who used Fire Mario while I used Fire Luigi. He was really good and never lost to me, but our matches were mostly VERY close. I don't understand why I never beat him at least once, but still. I even managed to sweet-spot Luigi's Fire Jump Punch. Somehow, I'm finding it easier to do that than in Brawl...

Edited by Anacybele

I don't get how he can be so good at this game already though, if the rest of us are "bad." I mean, we're using 3DSs now, not GC controllers or Wii classic controllers. The controls are somewhat different now. And a lot of characters got tweaked.

And..? The controls arent that unusual if you are quick to adapt. (especially if you had the demo) I was able to adapt very quickly and i see several other people here doing the same. PKL was better than everyone in Brawl, so naturally hes gonna be pretty good at this one. Smash isnt that hard to figure out if you know how the other games worked. Its just common sense. Plus, PKL is likely using characters hes familiar with. Honestly, the game feels like Melee and Brawl's physics came together in some weird harmony. Whinging, yer doing it. "If everyone is so bad why is this one guy not?" Well you know what? Hes probably still not what he could be, considering how the game is so new. So chew on that.

Oh yeah, PKL, we need to Smush soon. It will be a test of endurance. How much can Floki withstand the punishment! :B

I sang that in my head.

Good.

About the voices, i dont have issue with any of them really, save for Lemmy skin sounding too girlish. Also, the crowd cheers are really awful for some reason.

I havent found anyone to be really that OP. Everyone has their strengths for the most part.

Fought a pro Little Mac earlier today as Rosalina and managed to take off of a few stocks. Luma is the best character in the game. :P

I'm still trying to get used to the puppet playstyle. I always focus too much on rosalina that i keep forgetting I have Luma with me and sending it out at the wrong time.

And..? The controls arent that unusual if you are quick to adapt. (especially if you had the demo) I was able to adapt very quickly and i see several other people here doing the same. PKL was better than everyone in Brawl, so naturally hes gonna be pretty good at this one. Smash isnt that hard to figure out if you know how the other games worked. Its just common sense. Plus, PKL is likely using characters hes familiar with. Honestly, the game feels like Melee and Brawl's physics came together in some weird harmony. Whinging, yer doing it. "If everyone is so bad why is this one guy not?" Well you know what? Hes probably still not what he could be, considering how the game is so new. So chew on that.

Well, I had the demo early because Fire Emblem Fan gave me one of those codes. And I still apparently haven't fully adapted to the controls. I knew how Brawl worked quite well (though I hardly touched Melee). I'm using characters I was already familiar with too (though it'd been quite sometime since I last touched Brawl). It's just that some of the tricks I pulled off with them in Brawl can no longer be done.

No, it is NOT good. We don't need anymore Meta Knights. It's far too annoying and ruins the fun of the game. And you won't be cheering if ZSS is banned from tournaments due to her overpoweredness.

I would cheer, actually. Had you known my personality, I would like at the brighter side of things ZSS too strong she has to be banned.

How is she a Meta Knight? Again, you might have just been facing ZSS mains, so she might appear to be overpowered in that perspective.

There will always be people DON'T know how to use her and make combos out of it. She has (imo) no easily spammy moves like Meta Knight did (maybe the down-special).

If Ike / Luigi was a Meta Knight, would you complain?

I'm still trying to get used to the puppet playstyle. I always focus too much on rosalina that i keep forgetting I have Luma with me and sending it out at the wrong time.

Yeah im still learning the Way of the Luma myself. Im getting there, but yeah. Luma is really fun and i need to learn to keep my cool and send it out at the right times. Or how to keep it a certain distance from Rosie herself. There was a match where Elie and another dude were engaging in egregious Luma murder. lel

Well, I had the demo early because Fire Emblem Fan gave me one of those codes. And I still apparently haven't fully adapted to the controls. I knew how Brawl worked quite well (though I hardly touched Melee). I'm using characters I was already familiar with too (though it'd been quite sometime since I last touched Brawl). It's just that some of the tricks I pulled off with them in Brawl can no longer be done.

Yeah im still ass with some guys. Im better than i was in Brawl though cuz i sucked with Brawl. A lot. The physics of that game disagreed with me something fierce. This game has its own tricks and half the fun is figuring them out. (especially along with everyone else.) I wasnt much for online play to begin with, so im adapting to that. Like, i had Brawl for a while, but not good enough interwebz to play on it. Then my Wii stopped reading it and..i just had nothing but issues with Brawl. My online Brawling was very brief cuz i no longer have the game (my friend did). So i only really played a handful of online matches. Its actually cool cuz now i can really get a feel for people's playstyles and how to tweak my own to be able to stay in the game.

Why the hell is anyone complaining to begin with? Shouldnt you stop whinging and crying, and start...i dunno....Smashing?

How is she a Meta Knight? Again, you might have just been facing ZSS mains, so she might appear to be overpowered in that perspective.

There will always be people DON'T know how to use her and make combos out of it. She has (imo) no easily spammy moves like Meta Knight did (maybe the down-special).

I explained why I think she's a Meta Knight. Ridiculous speed, range, AND power. And too many unavoidable combos. Remember, even though she was already top tier in Brawl, she got MORE buffs.

And actually, yes, I would complain. Because they'd ruin the fun and be banned from tournaments. And they're my mains, I WANT to be able to use them in tournaments.

It sucks that I don't have that much time over the next few days to organize any matches. I've been trying to unlock as much stuff as possible as fast as I can, as well as hopefully improve my skills to a more competitive level. I have to say, the difficulty lowering every time you get a game over during classic really ticks me off, it did so in Kid Icarus as well but more so here, always only happens when I'm fighting Master Core.

Impressions on the characters I've played extensively.

Little Mac- Really fun to play as, I love zooming around the stage and beating the crap out of people. His attacks are fast and strong, his specials are great (when they don't cause your own death)

Lucina- I never really paid attention to using the tipper on Marth, so Lucina makes for good new main material for me. Shield breaking is really fun to do in For Glory, Shield Breaker in general seems like a better move. Unfortunately, the rest of her moves seem a little slow, that may just be me.

Samus- Her attacks still seem slow, but she is really good at damaging in the air. Charge shots are also really useful. Up aerial and screw attack are good for sending people out of the top of the screen, and if they don't, you can always charge shot them when they are grounded again.

Shulk- I am not fast enough with the Monado Arts to take advantage of them, I really like Shulk, he plays really well, but I can never get people into a combo with him.

Link- Gotta love that jump attack. Also the boomerang doing damage is really nice.

Charizard- Probably one of the more underrated characters, Charizard is now a beast. He can deal a lot of damage and then easily KO them with a fast Fly or Flare Blitz. Flare Blitz in particular is probably the best buff they could have given him.

And I hate ZSS. There you go.

Do you just hate half the roster or something?

I explained why I think she's a Meta Knight. Ridiculous speed, range, AND power. And too many unavoidable combos. Remember, even though she was already top tier in Brawl, she got MORE buffs.

And actually, yes, I would complain. Because they'd ruin the fun and be banned from tournaments. And they're my mains, I WANT to be able to use them in tournaments.

She wasn't top tier in Brawl.

Calling her the new Meta Knight is really jumping the gun.

Do you just hate half the roster or something?

She wasn't top tier in Brawl.

Calling her the new Meta Knight is really jumping the gun.

Uh...no. Where did you get that idea? I don't recall ZSS being half the roster.

Except she was. Being number 9 on the tier list qualifies as top tier to me.

Uh...no. Where did you get that idea? I don't recall ZSS being half the roster.

Mario, Peach, Lucina, Greninja, ZSS. I already know you hate these characters, and I expect there to be more. That's where I got the idea.

Except she was. Being number 9 on the tier list qualifies as top tier to me.

I'm sorry, are you a competitive player who knows the inner workings of tier lists? No? Then what you think "qualifies" doesn't mean anything. Brawl ZSS is B tier.

Mario, Peach, Lucina, Greninja, ZSS. I already know you hate these characters, and I expect there to be more. That's where I got the idea.

Where have I ever said I hated Mario? I don't hate him at all. The only characters in the roster that I hate are the other four you mentioned. There are no others. Okay, well, I'm no Ganondorf fan, but I don't HATE him.

I'm sorry, are you a competitive player who knows the inner workings of tier lists? No? Then what you think "qualifies" doesn't mean anything. Brawl ZSS is B tier.

I'm sorry, but where was there anything that said I couldn't consider that to be top tier?