SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Essentially, but you could cancel Meteor Smashes in Melee and Brawl by jumping or using an up B. Hence the term, Meteor Cancelling.

I...still don't understand.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they basically made everything spike, there are no meteor smashes cause there is no meteor cancelling

wow, i actually like the game even less now... that's stupid. why did sakurai think it was a good idea to remove VARIETY?

meteor: stronger, but can be jumped or up specialed out of. ex: roy's down aerial

spike: weaker, but can't be jumped or up specialed out of. ex: marth's down aerial

luigi's down aerial is actually a meteor during the first few frames (at least in melee). ike's down aerial i'm not so sure about, but i think it's also a meteor, though it may be a spike. edit: spikes in brawl are weird, so i dunno about ike

Edited by Cornet

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Meteor_smash

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Spike

tl;dr : you can negate the momentum of a meteor smash, while you can't negate the momentum of a spike.

Edited by shinpichu.

The most satisfying feeling in this game for me is when I manage to kill someone with Ganon's down air.

I find the Up Tilt way more satisfying. At least in Brawl. In SSB4 it seems to have been given a buff that actually makes it somewhat near useful.

Who is whining about the clones?

I don't follow this thread that much anymore... but here's some flame bait from Sakurai himself if anyone's still on that subject...

"This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge. In a restaurant with this type of service, I don’t think there’s anybody who would say, “Change this to a meat dish!!”

Yet, I’m told [to do that] about Smash Bros. But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped."

Shots fired.

In contrast, Dark Pit's overall playstyle is almost identical to Pit, but he actually has quite a few subtle changes: his arrows are more powerful but don't curve much, his electroshock arm launches diagonally instead of vertically, his Power of Flight goes further, a few moves have their knockback/damage tweaked, and he's slightly slower than Pit. Plus, of course, his FS is different.

I just tested both Pit's and Dark Pit's Power of Flight distances not too long ago and found that they both covered the exact same distance. There's no real difference in damage output between the two not counting specials. Only their base knockback and scaling is different.

I think it's been confirmed that Dark Pit is different only in his side special and final smash (which he stole from Zelda). My guess is that, despite being the first clone we seen, way back in the Palutena trailer, he was the last one they actually swapped over. There's more than enough moveset potential to give him something different to Pit, he even uses a staff in his artwork yet all he uses it for is his final smash. I imagine if Dark Pit appears in the next game he'll get a bigger makeover than any other clone we've seen so far.

He also cannot fly...I don't think like his good incarnate can. -.-

Also, he was actually created from a mirror in Uprising by Medusa by Pit's image. So...there is no telling on what he really looks like.

Edited by PuffPuff

You can indeed do the Counter Challenge and from the looks of it, the KO by hitting another token into another token. Five hits? No.

All right, cool.

Alternatively you could save your hammers for the street pass challenges.

I haven't unlocked any of the hammers for the second set of challenges.

I haven't unlocked any of the hammers for the second set of challenges.

That's bad since you cannot move on to the next grid without having everything completed in it.

That's bad since you cannot move on to the next grid without having everything completed in it.

That's only true with the first panel. You don't have to complete panel 2 to unlock panel 3.

So I'm quite enjoying using everyone but oddly I'm kicking the most ass even online as Zelda.

She may just be my main this time haha, my most wins by character online go like this for my top ten

Zelda, Marth, Link, Ike, Pit, Metaknight, Sonic, Shulk, Charizard/Ness/Falco/Doc

Edited by Jedi

That's only true with the first panel. You don't have to complete panel 2 to unlock panel 3.

Oh...

I've mistaken. -.-

Since I haven't finished the first panel yet. But for such a chore like Streetpass, no surprise. If this works with my other 3DS, I can save my hammers for something else.

I'm probably not gonna bother with the challenges unless I'm really bored. I've unlocked everyone, and I have all the alternate special moves for the characters I care about. (funny enough, I prefer all of Shulk's default specials)

Edited by Shulk

I'm probably not gonna bother with the challenges unless I'm really bored. I've unlocked everyone, and I have all the alternate special moves for the characters I care about. (funny enough, I prefer all of Shulk's default specials)

I'm pretty much on the same boat with Shulk here, only custom I really like is advancing Air Slash

I'm pretty much on the same boat with Shulk here, only custom I really like is advancing Air Slash

My reason for preferring default Air Slash, is that Advancing Air Slash trades some vertical distance for horizontal distance (at least it looks like it) when I can just change to Monado jump for both horizontal and vertical distance.

My reason for preferring default Air Slash, is that Advancing Air Slash trades some vertical distance for horizontal distance (at least it looks like it) when I can just change to Monado jump for both horizontal and vertical distance.

The timing is a little odd the first part is all vertical the second is all horizontal

I do see what you mean with simply changing to jump though although I'm not quite great at changing on the fly quite yet.

I've been playing around with Little Mac a lot. I find it funny when a Robin player in For Glory charge up a Thoron. Simply because Little Mac is so small, when you duck, you dodge the Thoron. Try it out, it is completely hilarious.

I think Rosalina somehow became my new main, lol. I seem to get the most wins with her online. There was even one person I lost to something like 10 times, and the one time I beat him, it was with Rosalina.

The funny part is that I wasn't even sure I was going to so much as sub-main her. It was like, if she felt good, I'd use her on occasion, but now I'm doing better with her than I am with Zelda and ZSS even though I've been using them for so much longer.

Yeah, I don't forget about Luma, Luma is a huge part of using Rosalina [& Luma]. It's just faster to only say Rosalina's name.

Rosaluma imo