SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt like linking to this article, even though I don't know anyone in this thread who lives in Florida.

Photo_1.jpg

In this photo provided by Nintendo of America, Mario and Luigi take the field at Sun Life Stadium before the face-off between Florida State and University of Miami on Nov. 15, 2014. The two video game icons were in town to show football fans Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and the forthcoming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Nintendo of America is bringing these all-star brawling games to college campuses across the country this fall as a part of the College Tailgate Tour.

Photo_2.jpg

In this photo provided by Nintendo of America, Mario and Luigi visit Florida State University and University of Miami fans to showcase Super Smash Bros. for Wii U outside Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida. The latest installment of the Super Smash Bros. franchise, which lets players compete against friends by choosing from an extensive lineup of iconic video game characters, will debut on the Wii U system on Nov. 21, 2014.

Photo_3.jpg

In this photo provided by Nintendo of America, Mario and Luigi cheer on a heated Super Smash Bros. for Wii U battle outside the University of Miami vs. Florida State University football game on Nov. 15, 2014. The Super Smash Bros. for Wii U game, launching on Nov. 21, 2014, is the first fighting game in the series to allow eight local players to play simultaneously.

Photo_4.jpg

In this photo provided by Nintendo of America, excited football fans gather outside Sun Life Stadium before the Florida State University vs. University of Miami game on Nov. 15, 2014, for the chance to play the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U game. Nintendo of America is bringing these all-star brawling games to college campuses across the country this fall as a part of the College Tailgate Tour.

It always puts a smile on my face seeing Mario and Luigi go around the world showing up at events like this. =D

A bit late, but I finally ordered the 3 Smash posters from the Club Nintendo thing.

I know other people here ordered the posters too, so I have a question for anyone who's already ordered and gotten their posters: how long did it take for YOUR posters to arrive? One page said 2-3 weeks, but the "print confirmation" page said about 1 week.

A bit late, but I finally ordered the 3 Smash posters from the Club Nintendo thing.

I know other people here ordered the posters too, so I have a question for anyone who's already ordered and gotten their posters: how long did it take for YOUR posters to arrive? One page said 2-3 weeks, but the "print confirmation" page said about 1 week.

Mine arrived in no more than a week.

1 week.

My 2 main issues with these posters are that there is a significant amount of cut outs to the pictures on the poster and it's really distracting me. For example, Planet Mario has been cut off. It looks like a lazy way to condense the posters into the proper paper dimensions.

Also after getting the high res Palutena poster, I noticed a really bad mistake on the drawing of the picture and it's so distracting that i just can't hang this picture on my wall at all. It looks like a really bad layering problem. Then again I never liked this poster to begin with as I felt it was really bad amateur art anyway.

nV3lJC3.jpg

Edited by kingddd

1 week.

My 2 main issues with these posters are that there is a significant amount of cut outs to the pictures on the poster and it's really distracting me. For example, Planet Mario has been cut off. It looks like a lazy way to condense the posters into the proper paper dimensions.

Well, the one week thing sounds good.

Cut outs? I don't understand... like was part of the poster cut out? Literally?

If Planet Mario is cut off, does that mean WFT was also cut out? I mean, she's pretty much just an inch above Planet Mario. I really hope the posters don't come out as bad as I'm reading them to be! I was so excited for the Rosalina one...

EDIT: Oh, oops, never mind. I see them now.

I would've LOVED to see Robin, Shulk, or Bowser Jr's poster as part of the thing.

Edited by Carter

1 week.

Also after getting the high res Palutena poster, I noticed a really bad mistake on the drawing of the picture and it's so distracting that i just can't hang this picture on my wall at all. It looks like a really bad layering problem. Then again I never liked this poster to begin with as I felt it was really bad amateur art anyway.

nV3lJC3.jpg

I don't see what's wrong with it, can you explain it to me?

I don't see what's wrong with it, can you explain it to me?

In the official render, the fur on Pit's err... shin guards (not sure if they're part of his sandals or not; can't really tell), are white, but they're black and look solid in the poster

Is that really that bad? I would never have noticed it otherwise and the poster doesn't look bad to me still.

I am a pretty picky guy when it comes to the specific details in art since I do commission artworks. If there is a consistency problem it makes it difficult to say the drawing is complete or it is good enough.

Edited by kingddd

it's not much of a discovery since the DK bongos are just 5 buttons that map to the GCN controllers.

Now when you can smash using a DDR mat, THEN I'll be impressed

I used to play Playstation games using my ddr mat all the time...favorite was probably Need For Speed or Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2

*random*

*Looks through trivia for FE character reveal Trailer*

WAT.

The English one used Female Rufure/Robin's voice clips for Lucina.

I didn't know that.

Japanese trailer superior

Edited by shadowofchaos

*random*

*Looks through trivia for FE character reveal Trailer*

WAT.

The English one used Female Rufure/Robin's voice clips for Lucina.

I didn't know that.

Japanese trailer superior

Uh, what?

Uh, what?

Listen closely to the English trailer.

After Lucina actually appears in game in the trailer, her Up air, neutral air, Dancing blade, and Dolphin Slash uses Female Robin's voice clips, not her own.

I was looking through trivia sections on one of the Smash Wikis.

Edited by shadowofchaos