SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Anyone ever use the sell equipment feature whenever you customize your fighter? Sure they sell for chump change, but to any badges that you don't need or are somewhat useless like the negative effect ones, multiple copies(They still can say new even after you've already gotten it!) and low stat ones. It makes for some easy profit to make possibly a few hundred coins for.

The negative effect equipments usually have much less severe/non-existent stat penalty when equipped, so there's a plus there especially when said penalty isn't encountered at all (ie. decreased ledge time on a stage with no ledges).

I usually sell equipment that boost the stat by the same amount as another equipment but gives a bigger penalty for using it.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The negative effect equipments usually have much less severe/non-existent stat penalty when equipped, so there's a plus there especially when said penalty isn't encountered at all (ie. decreased ledge time on a stage with no ledges).

I usually sell equipment that boost the stat by the same amount as another equipment but gives a bigger penalty for using it.

Yes.

Like the badges that only penalize like item throw damage and items in general. Stuff like these are suggested to keep.

I haven't sold any yet but I probably will have to eventually because it's such a pain having to handle so many near-identical items.

This sentence speaks for itself.

I hope this track is in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVyM_AJJQ64

Despite its sorrowful sereneness

Agniratha is another great track (both day and night). There's so many great songs that will not make the cut (I guess it's the downside of having such a vast and good OST)

Edited by LuxSpes

Has anyone noticed that Smash can be pre-purchased and pre-loaded onto the Wii U via Eshop?

With the new pre-load feature, you will be ready to play after a small update when the game launches on 11/21 midnight (EST)

Question of curiosity here, but...am I the only one who plays as the male Wii Fit Trainer?

Nope. Then again, I don't really play the Wii Fit Trainer outside of challenge unlocks. His fighting style just doesn't mesh with me!

Question of curiosity here, but...am I the only one who plays as the male Wii Fit Trainer?

I tried the male version once and hated his voice. I prefered the female version all along.

FINALLY managed to beat Classic on 9.0. Ended up doing it with Ike, who was buffed up in Strength and a little Defense. The Swords and the Clone at the end gave me the most problems, since the former has many cheap movements and the latter would counter you and OHKO you (in one try, Clone!Ike countered a FSmash and killed me at 0%!), but I fixed this by simply switching to Counter 2 (the one that paralyzes) since it has no knockback.

Glad I don't have to worry about this challenge any more.

So I am a little ticked off about another thing about this game. I've finally got the hang of using Marth's tipper and mow I see no logical reason to use Lucina in for Glory anymore since I am much better with Marth. It annoys me that there aren't any special traits unique to Lucina or a large enough difference for me to play as her over Marth. It's quite saddening considering she was one of my favourite newcomers. I guess there is a difference in playstyle with her but it's not as distinct as it is with characters like Cpt. Falcon and Ganondorf or Mario and Luigi. I hope that in the next game they could make the clones of this one more distinct, if they're not cut.

Those of you interested in pre-ordering your digital copy should know that it is now available.

The game is 17.2 GB (or roughly twice the size of Brawl and over 8 times the size of Smash 3DS)

So I am a little ticked off about another thing about this game. I've finally got the hang of using Marth's tipper and mow I see no logical reason to use Lucina in for Glory anymore since I am much better with Marth. It annoys me that there aren't any special traits unique to Lucina or a large enough difference for me to play as her over Marth. It's quite saddening considering she was one of my favourite newcomers. I guess there is a difference in playstyle with her but it's not as distinct as it is with characters like Cpt. Falcon and Ganondorf or Mario and Luigi. I hope that in the next game they could make the clones of this one more distinct, if they're not cut.

Sadly I gotta agree. While I like Lucina as a character and I'm glad that she's her own playable character in the game, I think it's undeniable that she's the single most egregiously-clonified character in any Smash Bros game thus far, and it's really sad that she has basically nothing to set her apart from and making worth using over Marth if you can competently play both.

Well at the very least, we know that there's hope for her to be more differentiated in the future, in light of the nerfs to Rosalina's Luma respawn time in the 1.0.4 update.

Incidentally, after thinking about it for a while, I'm beginning to question Dark Pit's inclusion as a character again. I'm really not opposed to the prospect of clones, but the problem with making a 'Dark side version of the hero character' (of which there are MANY in the history of Nintendo, IE Dark Link, Dark Samus, Blood Falcon, etc.) playable is that it really does show blatant preferential treatment to the series that the character was from. To be fair, I haven't played Kid Icarus Uprising and I don't know EXACTLY how Pit compares to the other aforementioned 'Dark' characters as far as similarity to the original and significance to the series goes, but from where I'm standing, there's nothing that makes Dark Pit any more worthy of a slot that any of the other 'Dark' characters in Nintendo's lineup.

Sadly I gotta agree. While I like Lucina as a character and I'm glad that she's her own playable character in the game, I think it's undeniable that she's the single most egregiously-clonified character in any Smash Bros game thus far

Dark Pit wants a word with you.

Dark Pit's Bow is less bendy but stronger by half a percent (no charge) to less than 2% (fully changed), Dark Pit's side special does 0.5% more damage and Pit's Forward Tilt has more knockback.

Lucina feels more different from Marth than Dark Pit feels from Pit.

Incidentally, after thinking about it for a while, I'm beginning to question Dark Pit's inclusion as a character again. I'm really not opposed to the prospect of clones, but the problem with making a 'Dark side version of the hero character' (of which there are MANY in the history of Nintendo, IE Dark Link, Dark Samus, Blood Falcon, etc.) playable is that it really does show blatant preferential treatment to the series that the character was from. To be fair, I haven't played Kid Icarus Uprising and I don't know EXACTLY how Pit compares to the other aforementioned 'Dark' characters as far as similarity to the original and significance to the series goes, but from where I'm standing, there's nothing that makes Dark Pit any more worthy of a slot that any of the other 'Dark' characters in Nintendo's lineup.

He's an anti hero more or less, and actually has character opposed to Dark Link or Dark Samus (Then again Dark Samus was just OMG SCARY FOE, kinda like SA-X).

Dark Pit's Bow is less bendy but stronger by half a percent (no charge) to less than 2% (fully changed), Dark Pit's side special does 0.5% more damage and Pit's Forward Tilt has more knockback.

Equally egregious then, if you prefer. My thinking was that at least a few of his specials are different, but yeah, I had forgotten that Pit got a bit weightier as well. Either way, here's hoping they get more differentiation via a future update.

He's an anti hero more or less, and actually has character opposed to Dark Link or Dark Samus (Then again Dark Samus was just OMG SCARY FOE, kinda like SA-X).

That's true, Dark Samus and some of the other dark clones didn't really have much of a character now that I think on it. Still, Blood Falcon at the very least strikes me as being just as much his own character and entity as Dark Pit, so I'm not letting him completely off the hook either.

Speaking of Dark Pit's bow, the bow he is using is the Silver Bow. But for whatever reason it fires Darkness Bow shots. And the properties are indeed consistent with the Darkness Bow: Higher Damage but crappier homing.

However normal Silver Bow arrows have very similar properties to Pit's Palutena Bow: They both feature very high range and extremely good homing properties even by Bow standards. So basically if Smash 4 would have represented the Silver Bow properly, it would be essentially identical to Pit's bow. So they actually went out of their way to make Dark Pit's neutral special inconsistent with it's appearance in it's game.

Dark Pit might be his own character unlike other evil clones but he does in fact have identical abilities to Pit. The only difference is his preference with the Silver Bow, which as I said should be identical to Pit's Bow when it comes to properties that are relevant for Smash.

I wonder if Dark Pit ever even used the Electro Arm. I know he also used the First Blade, Ogre Club and the Dark Pit Staff before settling for the Silver Bow. There is also a fourth weapon but is since that is the one he uses when you fight him with the Cherobot, there is never any reason to pay attention to it since he might as well throw pebbles at that thing. During his first appearance, he also uses whatever Pit's weapon at the time is. But since he was created from a magic mirror, he didn't really have a choice on that matter.

Edited by BrightBow

Speaking of Dark Pit's bow, the bow he is using is the Silver Bow. But for whatever reason it fires Darkness Bow shots. And the properties are indeed consistent with the Darkness Bow: Higher Damage but crappier homing.

However normal Silver Bow arrows have very similar properties to Pit's Palutena Bow: They both feature very high range and extremely good homing properties even by Bow standards. So basically if Smash 4 would have represented the Silver Bow properly, it would be essentially identical to Pit's bow. So they actually went out of their way to make Dark Pit's neutral special inconsistent with it's appearance in it's game.

I wonder if Dark Pit ever even used the Electro Arm. I know he also used the First Blade, Ogre Club and the Dark Pit Staff before settling for the Silver Bow. There is also a fourth weapon but is since that is the one he uses when you fight him with the Cherobot, there is never any reason to pay attention to it since he might as well throw pebbles at that thing. He also uses whatever Pit's weapon at the time is when he first appears. But since he was created from a magic mirror, he didn't really have a choice on that matter.

The Palutena Bow barely had any homing ability in Uprising outside of Powers and stat modifications. Dark Pit never used the Electroshock Arm outside of multiplayer. He uses the Violet Palm during the fight where you're on the Cherubot.

I would actually enjoy playing as Dark Pit more than I already do if his weapons from Uprising were used as part of his attacks (ie. Violet Palm for grab, Ogre Club for smash attacks, etc.).

The Palutena Bow barely had any homing ability in Uprising outside of Powers and stat modifications. Dark Pit never used the Electroshock Arm outside of multiplayer. He uses the Violet Palm during the fight where you're on the Cherubot.

I would actually enjoy playing as Dark Pit more than I already do if his weapons from Uprising were used as part of his attacks (ie. Violet Palm for grab, Ogre Club for smash attacks, etc.).

So that was the the trade-off for the more powerful dash attacks. My apologies for the mistake. Of course that makes the Silver Bow's properties in Smash compared to the Palutena Bow even more ridiculous since the former has excellent homing abilities. I know that one for sure since the Silver Bow was my weapon of choice in Uprising's single player. I absolutely adore it's ridiculous firing rate during air battles, it's homing and it's long range even though unlike other bows it looses power over long distances. No matter how far the enemy is away or were you are aiming, this bow almost always hits it's mark, which makes it wonderfully reliable in even the most heated battles.

Edit:

And btw, the color of actual Silver Bow projectiles is white, with a yellowish head and a greenish trail. Definitely not freaking purple.

Edited by BrightBow

Well at the very least, we know that there's hope for her to be more differentiated in the future, in light of the nerfs to Rosalina's Luma respawn time in the 1.0.4 update.

It's already known what the patch changes? Do you maybe have a list for us?

How can it do 0.5% more damage if the display only shows integer numbers?

maybe stale move negation or data from being hacked.