SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it a bit disturbing people want to discredit a ten year old girl to begin with.

It was a publicity hoax by Gamestop. They had a top level player behind the scenes playing for her while she was up-front. It's really disappointing for the community in general, as we were exited to see a really good young player. (It would be really cool if this wasn't a hoax though)

Edited by Monado Boy

I find it a bit disturbing people want to discredit a ten year old girl to begin with.

I don't think that's the situation. It was suspicious, so people looked into it. If she was legit and people tried to downplay it in some stupid way, that would be different.

Yeah, that's a really terrible trick to play on people. I'm surprised any GameStop did something like this. I've always been a fan of the chain because a vast majority of the stores I went to had nice and helpful employees and a great selection of games and stuff available. This is sickening.

5sos sucks. they're like a ripoff of one direction, but one direction were the ones who helped them become famous anyways so *shrug* why you help them 1d why you help them in da first place do you like wanna lose fans. imma go rampage and demand itunes a refund

Dang, if only Karissa were truly that good. It would've been so cute too!

Just a little innocent looking girl, then BAM kick your ass! It would've been a good sight. And she looks so sweet! If she was truly that good, I would've enjoyed seeing her beating the crap out of others.

There's more: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2lso5z/the_ten_year_old_girl_destroying_top_players_in/clxvmay

I wouldn't be surprised if the professional Smasher behind the scenes was Mew2King. (Simply because he's one of the best Smashers interested in Smash 4, so I could see him schooling everyone like this)

yeah i already knew about that... just now, i decided to look into things, and it seems m2k was in socal at the time, which also happens to be where tyrant lives at, iirc from the stupid amount of brawl matches i've watched. it's also m2k's playstyle. the brief running shields, ALWAYS, banana > down throw > up air. (his thought process is to always pick the best option) ...ugh, you can't trust anybody...

ugh, maybe i didn't have it, but it's a fun mystery. :>

Edited by Comet

It was a publicity hoax by Gamestop. They had a top level player behind the scenes playing for her while she was up-front. It's really disappointing for the community in general, as we were exited to see a really good young player. (It would be really cool if this wasn't a hoax though)

I don't think that's the situation. It was suspicious, so people looked into it. If she was legit and people tried to downplay it in some stupid way, that would be different.

hmmm i really hope you are right in that case. You never know these days. Everyone wants to smear someone and all that. Either way, its pretty gross. Why would they do that? Why? Its teaching people to be suspicious. So now, people WILL seek to discredit a ten year old girl if she's legit. Ugh

I wouldn't be surprised if the professional Smasher behind the scenes was Mew2King. (Simply because he's one of the best Smashers interested in Smash 4, so I could see him schooling everyone like this)

Mhm, probably was. IIRC M2K uses Sheik and Diddy in Smash 4. I could see it being ZeRo too, though.

5sos sucks. they're like a ripoff of one direction, but one direction were the ones who helped them become famous anyways so *shrug* why you help them 1d why you help them in da first place do you like wanna lose fans. imma go rampage and demand itunes a refund

what's 5sos

Edited by Gaia

I, for one, don't understand why people are getting so up in arms about it, though. It was just a fun little publicity stunt. What's the big deal?

Video games are srs bsnss.

I, for one, don't understand why people are getting so up in arms about it, though. It was just a fun little publicity stunt. What's the big deal?

They probably feel like its hella dishonest and stuff. Honestly though, i think people were annoyed that a ten year old kid looked that good. :/

Also, its all the rage to be outraged and offended. Didnt you get the memo? B:

Eh. I just see it as a bit of a joke. The people getting upset about it sound to me like they can't take a joke. Just me, I guess.

It would be totally awesome if the whole thing was legit, though. Seeing a ten-year-old girl wreck people in Smash Bros. would be the ultimate.

Also, Robin is more of a main character than Micaiah is and Micaiah is still a main character anyway. Unlike Micaiah, Robin is used in every chapter and can deal the final blow to the Endgame boss. :P

I know I'm late on this, but I'd argue that Micaiah is more of a main character than Robin on the basis that Micaiah is forced in every chapter where she's usable whereas Robin's only forced in one chapter. The nature of FE10 and FE13 and how the party is set up are quite different, so it's not quite accurate to compare them in a similar manner. Otherwise, by your logic, Chrom and Robin are more of main characters than Ike in FE10, since Ike isn't used in every chapter.

While I'm mostly apathetic on both Chrom and Lucina (although if I'm honest I still have some issues with Lucina), I do think that SSB4 is pissing on Chrom too much. It's like, okay we get it, Chrom's not in the game and he would've been less unique than Robin. But he's far from a joke, and he is sort of the main lord of the game that saved the freakin' series. So … I have issue with things like Robin's Guidance. I didn't even like Chrom until SSB4 made him into such a memetic joke, now I like him a bit more just because I feel sorry for him.

Also, I heard that a 10-year-old girl beat some top west coast players in a tournament on gamefaqs, but never really bothered to follow up on it ;/

Also, I heard that a 10-year-old girl beat some top west coast players in a tournament on gamefaqs, but never really bothered to follow up on it ;/

confirmed fake just so you know

… My Smash 4 cartridge just bugged out and deleted everything except for my screenshots.

Which means that I basically lost all unlockable characters, all of my replays (I'm SERIOUSLY UPSET about this one), all my records, challenges, and achievements.

I don't understand what happened, I've been playing Smash 4 all day with my friends just earlier today, and it just randomly died for no reason. I doubt I have the motivation to redo everything I've already done, AND I'm really mad at losing my replays. Like … is there ANY way to recover corrupted data or is it just plain gone?