SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her up tilt and down tilt have reduced end lag.

I wonder why peeps keep saying lag...

Well that's good news for her. I wonder how her customs will be adjusted if at all.

the only one who's buffs matter to me really is shulk (okay, game & watch needs some but meh)

and dat damage output buff is enough to make a grown man cry

I feel it's totally injust nerfing Rosaluma, but meh. Now Greninja, THAT's some unnecessary nerfs man

oh yeah Would anyone be willing to explain or link me some stuff about counter picking with levels? Been watching some tournament vids and it seems that counter picking with levels is kind of a big deal for most characters.

oh yeah Would anyone be willing to explain or link me some stuff about counter picking with levels? Been watching some tournament vids and it seems that counter picking with levels is kind of a big deal for most characters.

Ah, I'll try.

Here's how a standard set will go: (Best 2-3, and I'm using Anther's ladder stage list for smash 4)

There are 3 starter stages: BF, FD, and YI.

One player will choose one of the stages that he/she does not want to play on. (Say your opponent is using Duck Hunt and you don't want just a flat stage, so you strike FD)

Then the other player will choose one of the remaining two stages to play on.

Let's say player 1 loses. Now it's time to counterpick. You can choose between all of the starters plus Prism Tower and Arena Ferox.

Player 2 will then ban two stages that they do not want to play on, leaving player 1 to pick any of the unbanned stages.

Let say player 1 wins. Player 2 will now have their counterpick, but on top of player 1's bans they cannot pick the stage they won on during round 1.

Competitive players need to be less picky if there are three whole starters

especially since there aren't that many stages that have issues, and yet walk-offs magically count for whatever reason

even though in a two player matchup, walkoff stalling wouldn't be very easy.

Competitive players need to be less picky if there are three whole starters

especially since there aren't that many stages that have issues, and yet walk-offs magically count for whatever reason

even though in a two player matchup, walkoff stalling wouldn't be very easy.

The main issue that a lot of competitive players have with walk-offs is that it gets rid of the ledge game entirely. I also attribute the lack of legal stages in the 3ds version to poorer stage quality in the 3ds version.

Edited by Monado Boy

The main issue that a lot of competitive players have with walk-offs is that it gets rid of the ledge game entirely. I also attribute the lack of legal stages in the 3ds version to poorer stage quality in the 3ds version.

the 3ds version has some pretty meh stages, but what even is ledge game

i mean, i see that little mac would be plz nerf, but ledge hogging and stalling are now gone so eh

the 3ds version has some pretty meh stages, but what even is ledge game

i mean, i see that little mac would be plz nerf, but ledge hogging and stalling are now gone so eh

Even though ledge hogging and stalling are gone, edge-guarding is just as important as ever. Cutting that out changes the game completely, so there's a lot of resistance in regards to allowing walk-offs.

I wonder why peeps keep saying lag...

Well that's good news for her. I wonder how her customs will be adjusted if at all.

The term lag in smash is used for the time that it takes for you to start/recover from the move. There is start up lag, ie falcon punch has long start up lag, ending lag, the time it takes for the move to finish (paultena's tilts had ridiculous ending lag before patch) and landing lag, the time it takes to recover after doing an aerial and landing (shiek's aerials except down air have very low landing lag).

So in a tournament most have sets of at least 3 games. After the first game, the loser of that game gets to pick a stage (out of the tournament allowed ones) this is known as counter pick. Also some stages are only available for counter picks so they cannot be played in the first game (pokemon stadium in melee is counterpick-able but cannot be played on game 1). This gives the loser a slight advantage because they can pick a stage that fits their character. I'm not sure how it is in smash 4, but in melee certain characters are theoretically better on specific stages. Marth players love fountain of dreams and yoshi's story because the side platforms are low and marth can easily reach em and kill people on em. Falco usually likes more open space like FD because he can utilize his SH laser. Also note that in 3 game sets the winner is allowed to ban 1 stage for the counterpick (in melee). After the loser picks the stage, the winner is then allowed to change (if they want to) character, then the loser gets to pick character, and then game 2 begins.

The term lag in smash is used for the time that it takes for you to start/recover from the move. There is start up lag, ie falcon punch has long start up lag, ending lag, the time it takes for the move to finish (paultena's tilts had ridiculous ending lag before patch) and landing lag, the time it takes to recover after doing an aerial and landing (shiek's aerials except down air have very low landing lag).

I'm too used to people using terms like recovery and start up frames. Which make far more sense to me than saying lag. So it's weird seeing Smash players say lag over start up/recovery frames. >_>

So there's this interview with Sakurai up about DLC. If you're interested in getting Mewtwo, it sounds like you'll have to pick up both versions as they aren't planning to release any DLC that you can purchase.

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-no-premium-smash-bros-dlc-currently-planned-more/

Also, reviews for the game are coming out now. The game is currently averaging a 95% on Metacritic, making it the highest scoring game of the year thus far.

Edited by Starbound

Nobody said the 3DS version didn't have any DLC.

Also, this article is simply stating that there aren't any plans for DLC after Mewtwo. Not that Mewtwo won't be available to people who don't buy both versions of the game.

Still, it saddens me that Sakurai is listening to the idiots that criticize him for not putting in something that "should have been in the game to begin with." Sakurai only has so much time to make a game and what he's given us is amazing enough. People should be happy that they're getting anything more at all.

I personally find nothing wrong with DLC as long as it isn't pre-programmed into the game when you buy it and forces you to spend more money just to unlock it.

Edited by Anacybele