SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

So perhaps the most important thing the match did was remove vectoring and replaced it with normal directional influence.

You can no longer hold down while flying to extend your survivability.

http://smashboards.com/threads/dawn-of-a-new-day-vectoring-removed-in-patch-1-0-4.378709/

Smash Bros for Wii Competitive Viability was just given a Rare Candy

From about 66 pages ago:

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-patch-and-remove-vectoring-in-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds

I know people complain about the silliest things with Smash... but this is ridiculous. xD
A freaking Change.org petition? Really?

Relevant. The guy who put this up/originally discovered vectoring got what he wanted. Personally I don't like this change, but whatever.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why people are so stubborn on the Sheik issue. The idea of Sheik is male. Sheik, as seen in games, is biologically female on account of actually being Zelda. The Lucina example works well here: the "Marth" we see in Awakening is biologically female, but that doesn't actually make Marth a woman. However, in practice it makes more sense, IMO, to call Sheik a her and Marth a him, on account of the fact that we only ever have a Sheik who is actually female, whereas there is a real Marth who is male.

Also, Shulk isn't the only Amiibo that's exclusive somewhere. Another article here says the Meta Knight Amiibo is exclusive to Best Buy. I hope Ike isn't exclusive to Target or something, the Target here is all the way across town. >_<

You can pre-order Ike on Amazon. I checked as soon as wave 3 was announced. The only three that I couldn't find on Amazon were Shulk, Meta Knight, and if I remember right I thiiiiink it was either Rosalina or Lucario.

EDIT: I just checked again. I couldn't find Rosalnia OR Lucario on Amazon. But I was able to find Bowser, Ike, Sheik, Toon Link, King Dedede, Sonic, and Mega Man, and all the ones from the first two waves. So I guess Shulk, Meta Knight, Rosalina, and Lucario will be exclusive retailer ones?

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

My advice to you is to try Pokemon via emulation on your computer. You can download a Game Boy Advance emulator and look for copies of the game online (ROMs) (emulation is illegal but everyone does it anyway so who cares). I would advise playing Pokemon Emerald using this method.

Alternatively, assuming the Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire are available to download for free from the 3DS shop (I haven't checked), you can give those a try and see how you feel about them.

Unfortunately though ive only for played Pokémon X and that really didn't help my dislike of the series.

Unfortunately though ive only for played Pokémon X and that really didn't help my dislike of the series.

X and Y are actually pretty different when compared to the older versions of the game. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald was the biggest and best step up in the series of games by far.

Well I have heard that ruby and sapphire are good, they might be worth getting, im talking about the one on the 3ds not the original :)

Was Lucina a man when she disguised herself as Marth? Marth was/is a man, after all.

The difference is that Lucina didn't have magical powers at her disposal, that would allow her to alter her stature, eye color, skin color and hair lenght in an instant.

I won't say that Sheik definitely IS a male, and I accept Big-N's official statement as the final verdict. But this statement has been half-assed from the very beginning, coming out of the blue from some minor employee, saying that it actually is just a change of clothes, which Sheik obviously isn't.

I am also not very fond of the idea of seeing Smash-Sheik and TLoZ-Sheik as different entities.

Again, I will accept the official stance on her gender. Her being a guy has always been nothing more than a theory. But a theory that made so goddamn much sense.

Edited by Nova

Hey guys, the previous Conquest was won by Ike. It was called "Do You Even Lift"

:awesome:

The previous conquest was won by Rosalina, actually. Strength in Numbers.

But yes, congrats to Ike (and Little Mac) for winning Battle of the Beefcakes.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/535432396108492800

Get the Super #SmashBros soundtrack & Mewtwo DLC by registering both Wii U and 3DS versions on Club Nintendo!

B2487V6IUAAs5wZ.png

Looks you have to register these by a certain date for these two items. Get ready for everyone asking for DLC codes on release.

edit: Reminder

http://club2.nintendo.com/smash-promo/

"Mewtwo DLC will be available for download in Spring, 2015. Mewtwo DLC may be available for purchase in the future"

Edited by kingddd

"Mewtwo DLC will be available for download in Spring, 2015. Mewtwo DLC may be available for purchase in the future"

Mewtwo will be available to purchase later in #SmashBros, for those who don't register both versions.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/535440807214743552

Just wanted to clarify that real quick

Edited by DodgeDusk

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, November 20, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, November 20, 2014 - No reason given

That is a random statement.

Edited by Serah Farron

Because he was like one of the last characters I mained him cause I thought he would be one of the best. Even though he was pretty low tier he was fun to play as and I hope he's buffed for Smash 4.

Edited by Knight

Because he was like one of the last characters I mained him cause I thought he would be one of the best. Even though he was pretty low tier he was fun to play as and I hope he's buffed for Smash 4.

Yeah. Mewtwo needs a lot of buffs compared to his melee self.

Wow, so like my brother and I were gonna invite some friends together to play 8-player smash tomorrow and now it turns out we might be having around 10-11 people over, it's gonna be a party! Hopefully 8-player smash is fun.