SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

yet olimar is still playable lol.

Taking Olimar and making him bigger is a lot easier than taking Ridley and shrinking him (whilst keeping the proportions the same). Especially since Olimar doesn't have wings on his character model (unlike Ridley).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mew gives out stuff and that's the only way to get Ike's Theme? Dang, I have to get lucky. That sucks. >_> In Brawl, all you had to do was meet up with Ike in the SSE.

Not quite. You'll still have to get lucky but there are multiple methods.

If you do a Special Order with a CD for a prize, you can get it that way. CDs will also drop randomly through matches and that's an option.

In general, Crazy Orders, from what I've seen, is the best way to farm collectibles. I've been told you can get around 20-40 collectibles in your 10 minutes depending on how good you are, which makes the mode much faster than Classic Mode or Smash matches for collectible farming.

The Yoshi is judging you.

I dont have a Wii U. I dont know when ill get one. However, i need Yoshi amiibo. Need. Why? Cuz i love Yoshi and he will eventually work with the 3DS. You dont need the amiibo to enjoy the game, and they never advertised it to be mandatory. Its always been optional, and part of the whole point of them is to pick and choose one or a few that you would use. Sure, they say "collect em all" but marketing always says that shit. Its not like yer gonna miss out a whole bunch if you dont get one. Amiibo are aimed at kids, but Nintendo knows that collectors will love them too. If someone is getting enjoyment out of something, whats the problem?

Please don't make me look like I want to ruin someones fun. xD

Again: It's only them combining it with a gameplay-feature which I criticize. Even though it's a small thing that I surely won't miss. Otherwise, I think it's nice to have merchandise like this. I would get one if my favorite Smash-character didn't have the most simplistic design ever.

If someone is getting enjoyment out of something, whats the problem?

Sounds like something a drug dealer would say.

Indifferent on the Ridley-topic. I just want him in the game to end this stupid discussion.

yet olimar is still playable lol.

There's no one for Olimar to need to scale well to, and in his own games, he's the same size as all other humans. Ridley has to at least be notably bigger than Samus, who is already one of the biggest characters in the game.

I've got Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and played it practically all day. I unlocked all the characters and stages. I tried facing Master Fortress once with Bowser, but I made a pretty dumb death by touching an acid wall (which kills automatically at high enough percents, just like the lava walls of the Great Cave Offensive) when I was maneuvering to the last or second last core.

Regarding amiibo, I have to say, they're kind of scary (in a good way) in how they actually learn and copy your fighting style. I was training my Mario amiibo with using Mario and going all out on him, and he actually copied down my constant caping, punishing dodges with down smashes, low recoveries that make edge guarding harder, and my insanely aggressive aerial fighting style. He's also tried to copy my cape and forward air edgeguard tactics, but thankfully he isn't anywhere near as accurate as I am (as in, he hasn't actually killed me with those moves).

There's no one for Olimar to need to scale well to, and in his own games, he's the same size as all other humans. Ridley has to at least be notably bigger than Samus, who is already one of the biggest characters in the game.

Who both her and and Peach are much taller than Mario.

CDs... So much hate for the concept. Just give me my music.

It's such a tease to have to unlock all of this before we can have fun smashing. -.-

Mii Hats/Outfits are another example.

This worked in Brawl, but...you could get most of the music by building a sandbag factory and keep hitting the sandbag and a bunch of music CD's comes out sometimes! The others have to be unlocked through challenges though.

Edited by PuffPuff

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Samus supposed to be 6 foot tall or more? That's pretty big.

No point in trying to discuss things like this though because Pikachu is meant to be 1'4" yet is half as tall as Ike. Characters are scaled up or down for the game, but I'm sure we already know that.

Edited by Raven

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Samus supposed to be 6 foot tall or more? That's pretty big.

No point in trying to discuss things like this though because Pikachu is meant to be 1'4" yet is half as tall as Ike. Characters are scaled up or down for the game, but I'm sure we already know that.

She's supposed to be taller than Snake and he was still taller than her in his all hunched over idle stance.

Really the issue is just that scaling down the now huge Ridley who has been many different sizes including being the same size as Samus and Krade, being fairly large with dainty little wings, and a huge mofo. They just gotta pick one and skillfully create a nice model that makes sense but time and money. i say the metroid fusion/zero mission ridley those wings are tiny

Looks a bit fake to me but I don't care. Samus with two arm cannons is my closet Pipedream

If its a second arm swapped to the other socket, then she could fire in front and behind simultaneously. 10/10 would buy even if fake

I won't be able to get Wii U till Christmas but I was able to play for the whole day at the college dorms yesterday.

Really fun, also Amiibos get like super intense like frame perfect every time and since everyone's play styles were getting ingrained into it (7 people plus us leveling the amiibo up) yeaaah that Mario became godly.

I was the only one able to defeat it in one v one combat

Good news is the DK Rap is in (just do really well on Trophy Rush and Donkey Kong and you should get it pretty easily. Get a chain of 200, which is absurdly easy with DK if you can avoid getting killed). Bad news is they cut it down for length so now it's just the opening, and the Donkey, Tiny, and Diddy parts (no Lanky, Chunky, or ending).

Edit: And there's another piece of Golden Sun music, from Dark Dawn. If I recall correctly, it's the overworld theme (haven't played Dark Dawn in awhile, but the song is called "Weyard" which is the name of the Golden Sun world). This one is a random CD, which I got it in a Crazy Orders challenge.

Edit 2: If anyone was wondering which stages these were alternate music for, DK Rap is for Jungle Hijinx (kinda knew it would be either that or Kongo Jungle 64) and Weyard is for Palutena's Temple of all things.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

I'm sure in this version that Music CD's can be gotten from the Sandbag factory. They should have that feature as well as stickers. But...if the trophy rush has them...coins can be saved! :D

Already almost finished with both 3DS versions as already all three panels are completed and the cart is done (Eng). Jap Panels 1 and 2 and most of three. Should start on Wii-U's in Dec and can brawl by mid month.

Edited by PuffPuff

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but there's a definite problem with moving platforms on stage builder. I don't know exactly what the rule is, but the most consistent thing I've found is that if you ever have a platform path go through a solid platform, you won't be able to test or save that map because it will keep telling you there isn't enough ground for fighters, even if you max out the weight, until you get rid of all moving platforms. I wanted to make a stage that was just a bunch of moving platforms and ended up running into this. Hopefully they fix this. I like making those kinds of fun stages.

If I have moving platforms cover enough of the stage in general, I also run into this problem, even if I have enough solid ground that isn't in the path of any moving platforms.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Speaking of stage bulider, I just finished making my first custom stage! It's based off of the Greil Mercenaries' fort. Since that's too long to fit, I simply named it Greil's Fort. ^^

And like I did with Brawl, I'll be making some holiday themed stages too. I remember I had a giant Christmas tree as well as holly berries. loll

...What?

NwVbVrP.jpg

I got one of the "Knock foes into others in StreetSmash" achievements using Practice. I haven't updated my game to 1.0.4 yet, so does anyone know if Practice can still be used to get those achievements?

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but there's a definite problem with moving platforms on stage builder. I don't know exactly what the rule is, but the most consistent thing I've found is that if you ever have a platform path go through a solid platform, you won't be able to test or save that map because it will keep telling you there isn't enough ground for fighters, even if you max out the weight, until you get rid of all moving platforms. I wanted to make a stage that was just a bunch of moving platforms and ended up running into this. Hopefully they fix this. I like making those kinds of fun stages.If I have moving platforms cover enough of the stage in general, I also run into this problem, even if I have enough solid ground that isn't in the path of any moving platforms.

Back in Brawl moving platforms weren't considered "stable platforms" so that a match couldn't be started on one. There had to be enough stable ground for 4 players to start a match (4 Stage Builder blocks in Brawl, not sure about Wii U). Interesting how that was carried over.

Yesterday I had a big Smash Bros. party with my bro and his and my friends and we had a blast. I can sincerely recommend, if you have the opportunity to gather a bunch of people to hang with and play some 8-player smash, you won't regret it.

I know you get Smashville and Pokemon Stadium 2 from completing specific events and I know which ones they are, but where on the huge map are they?

You can press a certain button to bring up the event match list instead of the map. But here's the sequence.

Starting from the beginning "The original heavyweights" right, up leads to "Play Tricks"

Starting from "Play Tricks" right, up again.

So essentially the sequence of completing the events starting from the first one should be: right, up, right, up.

Edited by kingddd

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but there's a definite problem with moving platforms on stage builder. I don't know exactly what the rule is, but the most consistent thing I've found is that if you ever have a platform path go through a solid platform, you won't be able to test or save that map because it will keep telling you there isn't enough ground for fighters, even if you max out the weight, until you get rid of all moving platforms. I wanted to make a stage that was just a bunch of moving platforms and ended up running into this. Hopefully they fix this. I like making those kinds of fun stages.

If I have moving platforms cover enough of the stage in general, I also run into this problem, even if I have enough solid ground that isn't in the path of any moving platforms.

From what I'm understanding from my own experience, if the moving platform covers up the pre-determined place where characters spawn, it'll say that you don't have enough ground because it isn't intelligent enough to move the spawn points.