SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Today me and my sister invited 6 friends over and we had a blast playing 8 player smash. 4 vs 4 is a lot of fun together especially when 1 person is left we go all chase that one guy left. Hilarious and it was a lot more fun than we expected. 2 of our friends are competitive smash players and they were having a blast too. We kept doing random themes like all 8 player LM matches, Pokemon matches only, Koopaling battles, Villager only Hot Potatoes.

P3 = Me

P4 = My sister

Also these things happened in our time playing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJmdpAk_VmM

So many friends for that single Ike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLE0M8DaqXo

Adom Howden...where are yooooou?
This isn't him. -.-
Nice action.
Can't wait to do this with my custom made 110 fighters with friends and family as well as online! See the Mii topic to find out most of the fighters.
-----
490,000 copies sold in three days as it makes this the fastest selling game of the year. With it inevitable and having unlimited fun thanks to custom creation that you can have with friends and family alone, there isn't a single gamer worldwide that won't have this game in their collection. Nintendo says they have alot of work to do. You mean they aren't finished yet other than working on Mewtwo? Means were getting the IC likely when the new 3DS is out since Sakurai is hellbent on having every character in both versions. Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors rivals this too. :D
The Smash bros series sold over 14 million units in USA alone making them the greatest games of all time! Mario Kart 8 sold over 1.2 million units since May 29th Japans release. Yay! ^_^
Edited by PuffPuff

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Means were getting the IC likely when the new 3DS is out since Sakurai is hellbent on having every character in both versions.

Can you please post your fanciful delusions elsewhere, such as Far From the Forest, please?

Can you please post your fanciful delusions elsewhere, such as Far From the Forest, please?

That's the sole way that they'll make it in.

Either that or the next game! Because of wanting every character in both versions which the IC couldn't work in one of them is why that they're gone for good which we can play Melee anyway with friends to see them again. I'm okay with them being gone for good as they don't need to comeback anyway from being in such a niche one game series anyhow.

Edited by PuffPuff

I'm okay with them being gone for good as they don't need to comeback anyway from being in such a niche one game series anyhow.

Ice Climbers have had more than one game?

Edited by Zera

Any particular technique you used?

Just this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CltxztI5XM&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ

But I also used Counter closer to the end so I could have some sure-fire launching power.

It also still took me around five hours to complete, since the Miis could still hit me on the edge, and some of them liked to footstool me.

Edited by Dai

I've seen in kingddd's matches that no items were used. See how so much better the matches are without them? See...you don't need them. Plus, if anything, I'd only allow the final smashes in. Items that instantly kill shouldn't be used at all.

@Zera

Maybe. Both are for NES though.

Great that they seem to have increased the number of enemies in Cruel Smash to be in line with those of previous games... *sigh*

Unlike in every other incarnation of the mode, in the 3DS version I had at least the feeling that I could win somewhat fairly and a victory felt consequently deserved. But it seems like it's now back to using cheap and tedious strategies again or otherwise the character always going to be open for a Smash attack from somebody.

Edited by BrightBow

So the competitive community is really upset over how strong Diddy Kong is right now. A lot of the more vocal players, like ZeRo, are trying to get people to ban the character.

I wonder where this is gonna go.

So the competitive community is really upset over how strong Diddy Kong is right now. A lot of the more vocal players, like ZeRo, are trying to get people to ban the character.

I wonder where this is gonna go.

Diddy Kong is too strong? How?

Diddy Kong is too strong? How?

Diddy Kong has always been a strong character in Brawl. A lot of people underestimate how good he is as many of his attacks are very combo oriented unlike many characters that can only do 2 at most. Not to mention they buffed him in smash 4.

Edited by kingddd

Diddy kong is strong like donkey kong, surprisingly.

But...Donkey Kong is an easier target for his slower movement, body size and moves that often leaves him open to enemy attacks. -.-

Ohhhhh....but I didn't say I was 100% correct on that one, diddy kong could be better compared to a slightly weaker character like cant think of any but maybe Link. :)

Diddy is a very strong character, although I wouldn't talk about banning him just yet.

He's very strong on his own merits, dthrow > u-air is a legit combo even at 100% or so, and it kills. He has a number of ways to set it up (dtilt > throw, banana > throw) Once has gets his banana out, and he will, you have to play by his rules. The counterplay to his banana is very difficult because he can cover basically anything, pester you with popgun, if you shield anticipating the banana side-B can grab you, he can leave the banana somewhere or drop it onto you from above so you have to play around it, there's even a glitch that lets you do tilts while holding the banana, it's really good.

He racks up damage quick and guaranteed, and then doesn't really have problems killing since the banana has very low risk and amazing reward.

What pushed him over the top was most of the top tier besides Diddy got nerfed in the latest patch, and all the mechanics heavily favor him so even though he didn't get directly buffed most of his competition got nerfed.

A lot of competitive Rosalina mains are dropping her for Diddy, or so I've heard.

Diddy kong getting banned equals is a good thing seeing as most ppl I know don't like him.

It's not exactly fair to those who DO like him though. Maybe in a short while he'll get knocked down by some patch

I never had a problem with Diddy, but that was probably because I main the only character that's immune to his banana peel combos. lol (Luigi, due to his bad traction)

Banning Diddy is jumping the gun. He's strong, but not that strong. I do think his up air needs a nerf, though.

He certainly isn't Brawl Metaknight that's for danged sure. Also agreed on the up air

Edited by Jedi