SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

You'd be surprised

Has anyone got opinions on Wii U's Classic Mode? I'm not sure if I like it or not. I mean, it's not exactly a classic mode, is it? Should've been its own mode, in my opinion, and have 3DS' Classic Mode in it, or something. The actual mode itself is pretty okay, though the whole "rival enemy" malarky really doesn't do much for me

8 player smash battles ruin it a bit for me. The amount they throw at you is insane not to mention in 9.0 difficulty where it becomes a cluster of trying to find a way to manipulate the crap out of the AI. 7.5 or below is more manageable though. Personally I much prefer the 3DS version's classic mode but the Wii U versions is not crazy bad, just wish they didn't throw so much of those battles so frequently. Co-op doesn't help with this either. Me and my sister had to constantly hope that the battles we are fighting next would not be 8 players. Unfortunately it's a frequent thing for it to happen.

The only praise I can give it is that it's much faster getting the character trophies in the Wii U version thanks to the co-op functionality.

Edited by kingddd

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I definitely can't stand it. It's basically a second All-Star mode at this point. Except it still uses that annoying Uprising betting system, which definitely doesn't make that mode score any points in my book.

Fighting against a large group of soulless CPU enemies just isn't all that fun when done over and over. The game balances the number of CPU opponents by making them fight really awful, so they just end up throwing random attacks all over the place if they don't just stand in place doing absolutely nothing. And even if that wasn't the case, there is just way too much stuff going on in order to keep track of it all, so I also just end up throwing attacks into the vague direction of the next enemy.

I guess it's cool that Master Core is essentially obligatory now. I mean, it's an awesome boss but I would always just fight Master Hand since I don't want to risk those new moves and hats that I obtained through pure luck. So having that choice taken out of my hand is actually somewhat of a relief.

Edited by BrightBow

Its like fire emblem game stats i pick speed over power, same as smash bros I find those sort of characters easier to use.

I like power and defense, because I just think being super strong and being able to take hits like nobody's business is just cool and badass. So it's yet another reason I like Ike as much as I do. :P

I really like the Wii U version's Classic mode, actually. The 8 player Smash battles are crazy fun and sometimes, even if you don't get a trophy or custom part in the roulette, some characters you battle guarantee you them anyway. If you see a trophy or custom part icon on their trophy, defeating them will give you those rewards!

Edited by Anacybele

Wii U's classic mode is the one I prefer. Mostly because it's faster.

TBH the only content I bother with in this game are All-Star mode, Special Orders, the entire Smash mode, trophy rush and sounds.

not a fan of Wii U classic

it feels somehow even more lame than normal classic, and you can't even exploit it for customs (I think) which kind of defeats the entire point, for me.

on a related note, is there a good way to get custom moves on Wii U that isn't a pain in the ass?

EDIT: lmao I just noticed the thread title changed to be about DLC

when was that?

Edited by Euklyd

on a related note, is there a good way to get custom moves on Wii U that isn't a pain in the ass?

Crazy Orders is generally the best way to get stuff. Getting to 10 tickets isn't hard and you'll take home at least 20 things. I've probably blown about 60k and 12 passes into this mode and I'm rolling in stuff. I wouldn't advise going over 12 as Master Hand will show up and the two can kick your butt pretty quickly considering it's a stamina match.

If Crazy Orders is too expensive for you (like it is for me right now ;_;), All-Star mode works. On hard mode you're guaranteed to get 7 custom parts for finishing the mode.

;/

I continually manage to get cockblocked on the last leg (occasionally on the penultimate battle) of All-Star HM. It's extremely consistent.

I had like one experience with sinking like 5k into Crazy Orders, dying early in a fluke accident, and getting approximately nothing.

How deep would you generally suggest going with CO?

tl;dr - sigh

;/

I continually manage to get cockblocked on the last leg (occasionally on the penultimate battle) of All-Star HM. It's extremely consistent.

I had like one experience with sinking like 5k into Crazy Orders, dying early in a fluke accident, and getting approximately nothing.

How deep would you generally suggest going with CO?

tl;dr - sigh

Generally, I'd advise 10 to 12. More then that gets super ballsy. Enemy AI gets really good at around ticket 10 and, like I said, Master Hand shows up sometime between 12 and 15 tickets and he kicks your butt. I don't know if Master Core is involved with this mode but I personally pray that he isn't.

The difficulty of the ticket seems to effect the reward. For example, every time I fight a metal battle, I get two new custom attacks. The more people in a free-for-all, the more stuff I get. My rewards are better for a 2v1 giant battle than a 3v1 giant battle. 4v4 matches haven't given me very good rewards.

The overall difficulty of the tickets in terms of enemy AI increases as you climb higher in the mode which also makes your rewards higher.

*Giggle*

I doubt that...

With the way that Nintendo put fourth effort into over the 3DS version that misses...

-Masterpieces

-Stickers

-Less Stages

-Less Music

-No Music CD's

-No SSE(Wii-U version doesn't have this either :/)

-8 play battles other than only 4

-Only joystick for controlling

-No Amiibo(Not till the New 3DS comes out anyway)

-No Stage Builder

..it's as if Nintendo wants you to forget about the 3DS version as it is only good for travelling, customization transfer, and Streetpassing. I'm sorry, but I was disappointed because of these reasons and that the Wii-U version still has no stickers. x.x Brawl may be our most dominant Smash game yet! They try to keep these versions cosistant. Why else wouldn't the IC be in the Wii-U version when they were working perfectly in it? Had to update the 3DS version three times as I was encountering problems upon it. Like Ike froze the game once (Rival Smash) and that enemies wouldn't spawn once (All-Star). Stupid hardware limitations that was nearing it's max already as you cannot use Miiverse upon it. Version 1.4 fixed these probs. Yay! :3 Nintendo wasn't just in a hurry to release these, but they lazed away on the 3DS version as to me it only serves as for customization for the Wii-U version.

Well, I don't want unnecessary thingies like stickers, masterpieces, SSE or Amiibos. And I reaaally don't like the idea of 8-player battles. I'm not the most competitive player, but I like to focus on duels.

I don't want to criticize your opinion about the 3DS-version. I criticize the way you view and express your opinion as being absolute, and how you think that everyone who disagrees is wrong.

Edited by Nova

Me too :P

Also, can I have some advice for some 3DS challenges? Like, Get all of the red targets in Target Blast and the 10 collective hours. Any advice?

For Target blast.

Pick Villager.
Dash attack the bomb, then use five jabs in a row (neutral attack) until the bomb is at exactly 25% damage. Then, right when the 5 is counting down to 4, use an uncharged Smash attack (the bowling ball) to launch the bomb. If you do it right (and the timing is fairly precise), you'll hit all the red targets in a single round.

It plays the same as the 3DS version (although whether it has the recent 3DS update's changes, I'm not exactly sure. I haven't compared), it just has a lot more mode options and content.