SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I played the game a little more I can safely say the game is still amazing. Better stages then the 3ds version and it feels a little less bare boned then that version too.

There is one problem that does annoy me a lot though. I have some problems with the options this game give to players. There are a lot of them, but I did't feel like they worked as well as in the 3ds version.

In the 3ds version you could alter your custom moves every time you selected a character by using the edit button when you could choose which custom set you wanted to use, but I did't see that in the Wii U version. The need to keep going to the seperate custom screen slows everything down and makes slight alterations a pain.

Its great that the Wii U offers so many different controll options, but its sometimes a little restricted. Why can I only use my 3ds for normal smash games, instead of using it for Smash tour, or Co-op stuff as well? Gamecube adapters are all sold out and I don't have a classic controller, meaning i'm stuck with the not so good Wii mote if I want to do those modes.

And my last complaint is the way you alter your controll scheme. In the 3ds version you said what you wanted to change and it did so without trouble. Here you need to attach a name to your preffered controll scheme and you must pick that name before the match begins. Its not something I always remember to do before starting a match, meaning i'm stuck in the default setting when I do that.

Edited by Sasori

you know what this game needs

ERYTH SEA

i mean, dat morning look, dat music, dat prison island

Eryth Sea would have been awesome, I mean it's literally floating platforms in midair, how could they go wrong with it?

you know what this game needs

ERYTH SEA

i mean, dat morning look, dat music, dat prison island

Overall I was actually kind of disapointed with Guard Plains. It gets points for being different but overall it doesn't have much going for it and several things against it. Xenoblade has such a huge diverse world, it's a real shame they used the same stage in both versions. Especially since the actual stage layout doesn't actually give a huge indication of Guard Plains. Sure Guar Plains does have ridges but when I think of Guar Plains I'm thinking of wide open plains, not floating platforms with a huge fall to death in the centre. The Eryth Sea would have worked much better for that idea. Satori March, Sword Valley, Mechonis Field, Agniratha. Makna Forest. Prison Island. There's so many fantastic locations in Xenoblade. The best thing they should have done is made it a moving stage called Junks Airship that sets you down on various locations in the world and let's you fight there Isle Delphino style.

Edited by Jotari

The most epic setting/stage for smash bros is the gaur plains with you will know our names, also while playing as a fire emblem character.

Castle Siege and Luigi's Mansion are still my favorites because they come from my favorite games of all time. ^^ Castle Siege seems mostly inspired by the Tellius games, and Luigi's Mansion is self-explanatory (though Dark Moon is way better than the first Luigi's Mansion). I also really like Skyloft though, because Zelda: Skyward Sword is my favorite non-FE game aside from Smash Wii U. <3

Edited by Anacybele

I hope in the next game when we have more Palutena style diverse custom abilities, Kirby can get his laser ability. It's one of my favorite abilities in the Kirby games and it's quite disappointing he doesn't have a proper projectile.

Full custom movesets for everyone would be great. There are many characters who would deserve something like this aside from Palutena, because of their many abilities in their original games. Kirby's of course one of them with his huge amount of copy abilities.

For a projectile, I'd prefer Plasma over Laser. I really like chargeable projectiles, and I'd always appreciate more killing options on my favorite main.

But Laser would be cool if he made the same cute sound he does with ROBs ability. xD

In the end, we're getting Sleep Kirby. Or worse, the "Copy" copy ability.

Full custom movesets for everyone would be great. There are many characters who would deserve something like this aside from Palutena, because of their many abilities in their original games. Kirby's of course one of them with his huge amount of copy abilities.

For a projectile, I'd prefer Plasma over Laser. I really like chargeable projectiles, and I'd always appreciate more killing options on my favorite main.

But Laser would be cool if he made the same cute sound he does with ROBs ability. xD

In the end, we're getting Sleep Kirby. Or worse, the "Copy" copy ability.

Is her warp ability a custom move too like zeldas faiores wind ?

Is her warp ability a custom move too like zeldas faiores wind ?

Warp is Palutena's default Up-B. It does work pretty much like farore's wind, just without the offensive properties and a little faster.

Thanks for telling me that, now I know just a bit more about the game and palutenas warp ability, that move is extremely great for avoiding attacks.

Edited by Serah

Are people still calling Zelda's default Farore's move a bad move? I'm still seeing it score sidestage KOs at the 80s, which is pretty tremendous.

Are people still calling Zelda's default Farore's move a bad move? I'm still seeing it score sidestage KOs at the 80s, which is pretty tremendous.

The killpower of the move has been increased drastically in this game and I love it.

The only downside I see in it at the moment is that I have trouble hitting. My aim with Farore's wind was perfect in Brawl, and then they changed something. When you use it while in the air and aim for the stage, you don't stop where you'd hit the stage as you used to, but instead you glide farther. I've already managed to kill myself because of that.

I haven't checked the custom-versions much because I already found the descriptions awful. They take away everything I want to do with the move, except for recovering.

Edited by Nova

I got all the CDs last night!

I know there's like 8 variations of DK Island Swing but I think there's also a lot of Gusty Garden Galaxy too.

1. Part of it is in the Egg Planet remix

2. Part of it is in the Super Mario Galaxy theme

3. Gusty Garden Galaxy is a CD

4. Champion Road is a remix of it

5. Cloudtop Cruise contains a remix of a remix of it

Do you think she's still affected by gravity while traveling and misses the ledge?

Do you mean zelda's farores wind, if so she does defy gravity.

Farores Wind is an excellent KO move and can combo with itself for near instant KO's at higher %'s it's just tricky to hit with the first part more so then the second.

I've noticed that farores wind moves the same amount every time now, so you can't use it and remain at a standstill like in brawl but I have noticed that it has been made into a better recovery as It can move in a much more flexible pattern, like on omega form stages. in brawl you would hit the bottom of final destination and fall, now you skirt the edge of the bottom and reappear on the ledge. I don't know if this is all that helpful but I just thought it would be worth mentioning.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

I've never used the move to actually hurt people, I only use it cos it looks cool and to avoid a 100% + damage KO.

The startup and end lag is so bad, if you just throw out Farore's Wind willy nilly you would get punished hard by any good player. However the 2nd hit is devastatingly powerful when it hits, making it one of the best KO moves in the game, except Zelda can't control the range at which she reappears and she's helpless if you don't immediately land on solid footing. Overall it's a poor escape move, unlike what Sheik (Bouncing Fish), ZSS (Boost Jump), and Sonic (erm... everything?) can do.

I agree aiming Farore's Wind has changed! It has some strange sliding physics on the ground that wasn't present in previous games, making it slightly harder to control. If you hit the ground aiming down and Farore's Wind wasn't able to go its maximum range, it'll force you to move.

I've noticed that farores wind moves the same amount every time now, so you can't use it and remain at a standstill like in brawl

you definitely can do both