SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It basically is. I don't see at all how Aether Wave is worse than regular Aether. Sure it has SLIGHTLY less height than regular Aether, but it also has a projectile on it...

It basically is. I don't see at all how Aether Wave is worse than regular Aether. Sure it has SLIGHTLY less height than regular Aether, but it also has a projectile on it...

and kirby's air cutter was good since when

I find Ike's defaults to actually be pretty strong. There isn't much I would change, except maybe subbing his regular side+B for Close Combat but either way it's a good recovery tool. In reality he doesn't really use his B specials for anything other than offstage play for recovery (though I do like to edgeguard with Eruption). His jab, dtilt, and aerials are the bread and butter of his kit as they come out fast and a properly spaced Ike does have a reach advantage over most characters.

Ike placed top 3 in yet another tourney, though it's a smaller regional one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKujI0urZro

Ryo is one of the best Ike players in the country, possibly even the world. Even if he falls behind in % vs Sonic, all it takes is one good read and he's caught up.

Oh, and this montage of Ganondorf was a send-off to the 3DS version... behold, 100 successful uptilts. The range on that thing actually surprises me... then again, never underestimate the 'Dorf's resilience and strength in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bMKNsOeylQ

I thought it was, I've never used it personally, I just thought it was an upgraded version if his usual whether move.

Sorry if I came off a bit rudely. Aether Wave is overall ok-meh

It's issues is, it doesn't hit multiple times, the "Wave" part is incredibly short range, it gets rid of Ike's regular Aether's pressure from below stage because the second half is much faster then original aether. Not to mention it removes his low % damage building with a d or u throw into Aether

Aether Drive meanwhile is kinda awkward but good for recovery.

I personally find regular Aether to be the most versatile.

My Ike set up is usually

Aether ^

Close Combat <->

Paralyzing Counter down-B

Tempest B

Edited by Jedi

The reason i thought aether wave was good is because that I really never customise move sets nor look at them so im a bit blind on which ones are good and which ones aren't.

The reason i thought aether wave was good is because that I really never customise move sets nor look at them so im a bit blind on which ones are good and which ones aren't.

The only move I actually have some knowledge on is dolphin jump for lucina, very helpful when your about to fall of an edge.

Sorry if I came off a bit rudely. Aether Wave is overall ok-meh

It's issues is, it doesn't hit multiple times, the "Wave" part is incredibly short range, it gets rid of Ike's regular Aether's pressure from below stage because the second half is much faster then original aether. Not to mention it removes his low % damage building with a d or u throw into Aether

Aether Drive meanwhile is kinda awkward but good for recovery.

I personally find regular Aether to be the most versatile.

My Ike set up is usually

Aether ^

Close Combat <->

Paralyzing Counter down-B

Tempest B

I honestly would very rarely actually attack with Aether. The only place where it seems like a better option for attack is when hanging off the stage, in which case people are going to try and avoid you any way because they won't want to get hit and it's very predictable. In the rare cases I do use it, people tend to avoid it and try to punish afterwards. Aether Wave is very useful in that case as they immediately try to run into you but then get hit by the wave. Plus it's a 2 square attack with Rangell making it bad ass.

if you don't know what you're talking about, saying a move is op might not be the best idea.

Dash shielding is a thing.

That's true but if they knew Aether Wave was going to hit them they wouldn't blindly run into it even should dash shielding not be a thing. Aether Wave is a surprise attack. It comes out a lot quicker than Final Cutter and isn't even all that noticeable if your attention is somewhere else.

That's true but if they knew Aether Wave was going to hit them they wouldn't blindly run into it even should dash shielding not be a thing. Aether Wave is a surprise attack. It comes out a lot quicker than Final Cutter and isn't even all that noticeable if your attention is somewhere else.

maybe i'm missing something, but it doesn't seem that great. it's not that fast, the projectile doesn't go far, and probably has the cooldown of regular aether.

I'm assuming Jotari hasn't ever faced a short hop air dodge smash to the face punish.

Like I said, I wouldn't naturally use any Aether as a form of attack outside of ledge grabbing. The fact that it gives me something more in the situations where it is used makes it better in my book. It can be punished with short hops or shields but normal Aether can just as easily be punished the same way as well as just running up and hitting them. What normal Aether provides over Aether Wave is more damage potential to an attack with a very precise trajectory and a lot ending lag. Another time I would actually use Aether is if I've been knocked into the air and want to come down fast on several opponents in which case Aether Wave suits me better since normal Aether's advantage on the upward attack is already lost.

The diagonal Aether has worked best for me, generally, but Close Combat is definitely the most useful there. I just stuck with normal Counter, because I am not great with Counters.

and kirby's air cutter was good since when

Do you mean his regular Final Cutter or some custom move?

I love the attack. Of course the projectile is too slow to hit anything. To me, it's more or less another hit that connects to the other attacks when I use the move on close range.

A real projectile is about the only thing I'm missing on Kirby, personally. I usually don't copy enemy abilities, but when I have the chance to get a Charge Beam, Sun Salutation or something similar, I go for it.

Do you mean his regular Final Cutter or some custom move?

I love the attack. Of course the projectile is too slow to hit anything. To me, it's more or less another hit that connects to the other attacks when I use the move on close range.

A real projectile is about the only thing I'm missing on Kirby, personally. I usually don't copy enemy abilities, but when I have the chance to get a Charge Beam, Sun Salutation or something similar, I go for it.

I hope in the next game when we have more Palutena style diverse custom abilities, Kirby can get his laser ability. It's one of my favorite abilities in the Kirby games and it's quite disappointing he doesn't have a proper projectile.