SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

From what I'm understanding from my own experience, if the moving platform covers up the pre-determined place where characters spawn, it'll say that you don't have enough ground because it isn't intelligent enough to move the spawn points.

Ah, that's a nice observation. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the ruling. Hopefully they change that, because I really want platforms that go across the whole stage.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that now that the game developers want us to forget about the 3DS version especially with the much more effort that they've put into the Wii-U version. Since the 3DS one felt pretty empty since even brawl was better. 3DS version's disappointment was...

-No Subspace Emmissionary

-No Stickers

-No Music CD's

-Less Stages

-Less Music

-No Stage Builders

-No Masterpieces

If this was their true masterpiece, then Brawl would have been better and what's worse is that we cannot brawl online with it anymore. -.- The 3DS version is telling us that it is made for only customization to put them in the better version as the game developers want us to get both versions as both are needed to fruition their ultimate creation. ...And it is working. Since nearly all of us are getting both versions we can get our Mewtwo codes for free when he comes out in 3/31. ^_^

At least the 3DS version can be used whenever we go travelling. :D

Now it would make sense to put the Wii-U on sale next month as many parents want to buy their children this before Christmas. Now it's only a matter of time till they slash the price on it before I can buy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBMgPX1JOK0

YES!

Edited by PuffPuff

We're getting reports of people completing the soundtrack. There's 437 song.

Here they are by stage: http://freetexthost.com/d0p6qkll6h

Gotta say, the fact that they're remixed the DK Overworld theme eight times in this soundtrack is amazingly hilarious and rather upsetting at the same time.

Edited by Starbound

So what are the FE trophies in the Wii U version? Still Radiant Dawn and Awakening or are there ones from older games?

Literally all I have is Elincia.

However, there is a trophy box, and it has eight slots. Yeah, eight, so unless some don't fit (I know Bionis and Face Nemesis don't fit for Xenoblade), then it's too bad.

Wow, to think there are people who already have all the songs. I never managed to get all the songs in Brawl despite going out of my way to farm CDs in a custom stage.

Maybe CDs now have a higher chance to show up... and maybe they will still appear in matches when items are off. But I bet I'm not that lucky.

Edit: Also, hey a new Golden Sun song. Didn't expect that.

Edited by BrightBow

CD factories don't exist anymore but Crazy Orders is an amazing way to farm them. I'm consistently getting 4-5 per run, and unlike custom moves you don't get duplicates (you can get multiples of a song in one Crazy Orders run, but once you've actually unlocked the song you don't get the CD again. ie, I got two copies of Dragon Roost Island in one run, but after I beat Crazy Hand, I'm not getting another copy of Dragon Roost Island)

However, there is a trophy box, and it has eight slots. Yeah, eight, so unless some don't fit (I know Bionis and Face Nemesis don't fit for Xenoblade), then it's too bad.

Aww, is it the same Elincia trophy as Brawl's? :/ The one where she's on her Pegasus IIRC. That'd be disappointing. They could've at least made trophies for Tellius characters that didn't get them before like Sanaki and Ashera.

Gotta say, the fact that they're remixed the DK Overworld theme eight times in this soundtrack is amazingly hilarious and rather upsetting at the same time.

Something inside me just died.

I like the song, and it fits the series just perfect, but there's really no need to reduce its soundtrack to just that, while we still got stuff like Hot head bop, Bayou boogie or Krook's march.

Also, no Crowned or Moonstruck Blossom for Kirby. :/

No CROWNED? whyyyyyyyy

Also the Tomodachi Life and Find Mii songs are gone. As are the GB Kirby songs.

The Mii Channel music from the 3DS played in the 50 fact thing when they were talking about the Miiverse stage, so the music from the 3DS Tomodachi Life and Find Mii songs may be moved there.

GB Kirby songs would then be the only missing songs and that's understandable imo considering that they were tied to specific stage transformations of the GB Kirby stage. They wouldn't fit on Great Cave Offensive or Halberd imo.

What? That doesn't make any sense, as that would mean the Wii U version has less FE trophies than the 3DS version. But if this is the case, it's really stupid. Tellius has easy models to work off of, and then there are the old home console FEs...

Also, disappointing that Power-Hungry Fool wasn't removed for Stalwarts Unite. :(

Edited by Anacybele

What? That doesn't make any sense, as that would mean the Wii U version has less FE trophies than the 3DS version. But if this is the case, it's really stupid. Tellius has easy models to work off of, and then there are the old home console FEs...

Also, disappointing that Power-Hungry Fool wasn't removed for Stalwarts Unite. :(

I love Oliver's Fall so fite me

Stalwarts unite ain't baroque enough!

Also, the best recruitment theme is Comrades. A Smash-quality remix of that would've been awesome.

Something inside me just died.

I like the song, and it fits the series just perfect, but there's really no need to reduce its soundtrack to just that, while we still got stuff like Hot head bop, Bayou boogie or Krook's march.

They've even cut Lanky's, Chunky's verses and the ending off of the DK Rap.

*sigh*

*sigh*

I actually don't really like the DK Rap. It's rather funny than musically appealing. Especially among the plethora of other great tracks in the soundtrack.

But yeah, it feels kinda strange to do that. They are able to stuff the game chock-full with music, but they have to cut half a song? And it is sad for those who do like the theme.

Stalwarts unite ain't baroque enough!

Also, the best recruitment theme is Comrades. A Smash-quality remix of that would've been awesome.

I think Stalwarts Unite is the best, so sorry. Geez.

*sigh*

That's... a random thing to do. But then again, I noticed that Live and Learn in the 3DS version was shortened as well but I don't know if Brawl contained the full version anyway. I wonder what reason there could possible be for something like that. Maybe because there is no need for a longer song because 2 Minute time matches are the only way to play Smash.

Edited by BrightBow

Joining the ranks of Dual Wielding Samus is... this poor little Villager

tumblr_nfha5zszPK1treqwso1_1280.jpg

Honestly, the first thing I noticed in that pic was the Marth amiibo in the top left corner.

My gamestops (and best buy) don't have any Marth, Villager, or Wii Fit Trainer amiibos! I was so ready to bring home Peach, Marth, and a new gamecube adapter, but neither stores had THAT either. So all I had home to bring was my Peach amiibo, but that still felt good since she's looking really nice!

But about that Villager... dual-wielding Samus isn't actually looking all that bad now! At least she's actually in one piece!

Edited by Carter

Here's a list of how to do all the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U challenges.

I have to say, some of them are just ridiculous and crazy (and remember, the Wii U version has 5 hammers only, and the harder challenges usually don't allow using Gold Hammers on them). Just look at some of these (spoilering just in case):

Clear Classic on intensity 9.0 without losing a life

Even with a heavy attack and defense setup, speed and jump (jump is tied to the speed stat when accounting equipment) will be compromised way too much and will make some of the Master Fortress jumps impossible. Though maybe 2 player is allowed for this challenge? I mean, a lot of challenges specify doing a task "alone" if it only counts in one player. Master Fortress is only accessible in one player Classic Mode, so playing two player Classic Mode would negate facing Master Fortress altogether.

Clear All-Star on Hard with all characters
Clear Classic on intensity 7.0 or higher with all characters

This one shouldn't pose much of a problem for me, but even among skilled players, I can imagine there's some characters they won't be able to use prociently enough to complete these challenges (eg: if someone is really bad with Rosalina & Luma, getting those two challenges might be next to impossible just because they aren't skilled enough to complete Classic 7.0 or All-Star Hard with her).

Play as Lucina and score 8 or more KOs alone in Cruel Smash

Clear Solo Classic in 12 minutes on intensity 9.0 with Marth

Well, you can kiss your chances of doing these challenges goodbye if you aren't good with those characters (and counter spam won't work well in Classic 9.0. Trust me, I already tried it yesterday). Thankfully for me, I'm proficient with both. Though it'd really suck for a completionist who couldn't play either character well (especially since they likely wouldn't use Golden Hammers due to wanting a perfect file).

I should still hopefully be able to complete all 140 challenges without Hammers (I defeated all the challenges in Brawl without hammers as well). Well, I guess one of the upsides to the challenges being beefed up this much is that my completed Wii U Smash Bros Challenge Board (while still having all 5 Golden Hammers) will be that much more valuable. I mean, I'm guessing very few people will be able to complete the challenge board fully, and even fewer would do it without using Gold Hammers.

Pff, yeah, I'm never going to complete every challenge in this game... ._.

Out of curiousity, were you able to complete them all in Brawl?

I mean, sure, they look hard now. But after playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U enough, some of these challenges should be/look more manageable. That's how it was for me for Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, especially once I got used to the physics changes of the game and started dabbling in the harder difficulties more.

Or is it a matter of not being proficient with certain characters and finding them a nightmare to deal with, making Classic 7.0/All-Star Hard with all characters impossible? If so, which characters are you the worst with?

No, I was never bothered to, for some reason...

And it's not really so much that they're difficult. It's that there are some characters that I just don't wish to use outside of challenges like complete Classic with every character or All-Star with every character (as I did so in the 3DS version). I'm not ever going to be willing to use Lucina in Cruel Smash or Marth on 9.0 Classic.