SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

people are saying his down throw has more knockback growth now, which means he will have less combos and death setups. ike's f tilt and dash attack were buffed a bit, though.

nevermind, people are antsy like i was when i said this (about ike) so i'm going to wait until i get the patch before i say anything else

Edited by Comet

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a shame, Luigi's d-throw was pretty much what made him so good. :( There go all my combos now...

Nice that Ike got some buffs though! My hero needed it. <3

Edited by Anacybele

Finally got the downloads and the patch is dling right now.

That's a shame, Luigi's d-throw was pretty much what made him so good. :( There go all my combos now...

I believe when Ice and PKLucas tested. They found it to be a Placebo, so don't worry.

I heard people saying Marth's jab is better, but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed significant changes to Marth or Samus?

What do you mean by "Placebo"?

When you adamantly think something is there but it's just your mind playing tricks on you.

What do you mean by "Placebo"?

Meaning that people were thinking there was an effect or difference because there was a patch when in reality there wasn't. Kinda like those medicine tests when some are given a sugar pill instead of the meds and claim to have felt better hence the "placebo effect".

Edited by LordTaco42

Yo, fellow Smashers. Can I get a link to where these Patch Updates are being complied? (Such as Luigi and Diddy being nerfed?)

Guys, I can confirm that Ike DID get some buffs. His jab feels faster (also has different sounds now...) and his dash is faster too. Haven't seen any other differences yet though.

Edited by Anacybele

I just have one thing to say: Hyrule Castle 64.

The stage I've wanted back for nearly fourteen years is finally going to return. I can't wait for a release date to be announced (my guess is August, when the Tourney update was confirmed to be coming).

I just have one thing to say: Hyrule Castle 64.

The stage I've wanted back for nearly fourteen years is finally going to return. I can't wait for a release date to be announced (my guess is August, when the Tourney update was confirmed to be coming).

I'm still waiting for New Pork City.

Hyrule Castle is coming? I didn't see that bit. o.O But that sounds cool!

Along with Peach's Castle from 64.

Thank fuck, I was waiting for them to bring in old 64 stages that weren't also in Melee.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

The series definitely doesn't give the music from the original game enough love. Those songs definitely aged a lot better then the stages anyway.

Edited by BrightBow

I am really loving Roy. Seriously, he is awesome. He's better than Marth and Lucina. Seriously, get Roy!

Lucas is great, too. I've always liked him more than Ness, and now I can keep using him without having to pop in Brawl!

I didn't have enough money for Ryu, but I'm getting him as soon as I possible can!

WHOA
Lucas floats in Arcthunder hits. it's HARD to Nosferatu combo them or follow up with a smash that's not an Up Smash.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Guess Lucas is a bad matchup for Robin then. xP

Also, Luigi doesn't feel any different to me, I don't think he's been buffed or nerfed unless one or more of his moves do more or less damage now. I never remember exactly how much damage a move does. >_<

After using Roy for about an hour or so, I definitely like the way he plays better than Marth/Lucina. Down throw combos are fun.

Speaking of down throw combos, are there any characters that the Down Throw > Jab > Forward Tilt combo doesn't work on due to their weight or some other factor?

I just met a player on ForGlory who had the tag, "ROYSOURBOY."

He was fucking playing as the Koopaling, lol.

2-stocked his ass with the real Roy, who is indeed, our boy, to get a chuckle.

But for playing with Lucas for awhile, I've missed PK Thundering 2 way many more times than I ever would with Ness. Is this just me, or is someone else experiencing it?

Edited by ~Silver

Roy has good air-game, holy shit. <3

And that up-smash, wow.

He's awesome!

So fun!

But I still suck at Smash!

Edited by Tsamimi