SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Jedi, I want to play against you on 3DS. Go update Ruby Destiny -- I mean, your 3DS :P:

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Roy is a waste of money...lol

And Red Fox, maybe I thought ZSS was better than Luigi? Ever think of that? I have a lot of trouble against her regardless of who I use. Her and Sheik. My mistake, okay?

Edited by Anacybele

I think a few you guys should just take a more chill attitude, honestly.

Asking for chill in Smash is like asking people who are rabidly fans of Awakening and rabid haters of Awakening to sit down, drink tea and have a good laugh rather than argue like kids.

In which case, they really should settle it in Smash.

...Oh.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Roy's boots/leg-warmer thingies >>>>> everyone else's footgear in SSB4. This is clearly all that matters!

Also, Roy seems to have a very short "wait" period in between his idle poses.

BUT WHAT ABOUT ZSS' HEELS? THOSE ARE SOME PRETTY NICE FOOTGEAR TOO!

lol Roy's boots look very weird to me. Roy in general looks much fancier than his Melee incarnation! But I'll probably get used to it soon. Lucas though, looking good there! ...But his design is simple so that's irrelevant lol.

Roy can ken combo some characters at around 25% from down throw. of course, some people could whine about it and have something else really cool taken away. :P

But Roy is a waste of money...lol

And Red Fox, maybe I thought ZSS was better than Luigi? Ever think of that? I have a lot of trouble against her regardless of who I use. Her and Sheik. My mistake, okay?

I know it's meant as a joke, but you feel like that about Roy.

Try to think from samurai's perspective though, with the huge fanbase (as demonstrated in this thread), Roy creates a shitload of profit. For Sakurai, he isn't a waste of money. =]

Roy can ken combo some characters at around 25% from down throw. of course, some people could whine about it and have something else really cool taken away. :P

surely it's a string? also can confirm it is the most fun thing

I know it's meant as a joke, but you feel like that about Roy.

Try to think from samurai's perspective though, with the huge fanbase (as demonstrated in this thread), Roy creates a shitload of profit. For Sakurai, he isn't a waste of money. =]

Uh, as you said, it was a joke. Obviously he made some profit. My opinion is that Roy is bleh and overrated. I'll simply never understand his popularity.

It's okay, I don't (and I probably never will) understand RD Ike's design.

Roy is pretty amazing in Smash, and I'm going to have to start using him seriously. He just seems to have a lot more power behind his attacks than Marth does (although this could have everything to do with the fact that I like to get in close when I fight) and he is faster than Ike and Robin. The sad part is that I think I'm already better at using Roy than I am at Robin -- whom I've been using since release day >_>

Oh well, I'm still really feeling it though.

surely it's a string? also can confirm it is the most fun thing

It is a true combo at the percent range I provided before. I'm not sure if it can ne DI'd (from the down throw) out of but it can at least catch people who don't react fast enough.

https://imgflip.com/gif/mxhug

Edited by Comet

Yes, I did consider that. That's why I informed you.

It is a true combo at the percent range I provided before. I'm not sure if it can ne DI'd (from the down throw) out of but it can at least catch people who don't react fast enough.

https://imgflip.com/gif/mxhug

oh my god

I've only ever seen it in training mode as not-combos, and don't think I've been able to get the timing sharp enough to get it to register as a combo either

siiiiick

Playing as Marth after days of Roy, Marth feels pretty slow. It definitely has to with Roy falling faster whereas Marth freaking floats, but it seems Marth's attacks are slower as well.

My mind is playing tricks on me/I need more practice as Marth.

My opinion is that Roy is bleh and overrated. I'll simply never understand his popularity.

Strange! I think the same about Ike. You don't see me complaining about it, though! Hell, I main the guy, though I use the more cooler Hector alt of his. Edited by ScarletFlame

I actually like all Fire Emblem protagonists, I just don't understand Ike because I don't have access to his games.

Summary of Ike: The holy grail of everything ever to his fangirls, but actually a hobo that's blunter than an oversmoked blunt on March 20th.