SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

For those invested in the meta game, Smashboards is assembling patch-notes.

http://smashboards.com/threads/magical-engimatic-land-1-1-1-patch-notes.419067/

So far, it's universally agreed that Luigi got nerfed thanks to the change in D-Throw knockback.

Edited by kingddd

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much about me not getting any DLC this time.

I probably get the Toad costume. There is just something about seeing a Toad with a grumpy face and ready to fight.

What's annoying about the buisness suit, is that the game already has such a suit, it's just Gunner exclusive. I wonder if the tie depends on gender and class or if it actually takes the Mii color into account.

The Fox costume is quite tempting if only because it has a gun that actually looks like a gun instead of the usual Mega Man arm cannon.

Oh yeah, forgot about that old Monster Hunter dilemma. Either play a male character and wear a helmet that covers the entire face, the only part of the character's appearance that the player can really customize or play a female character and run around in... what are they called? Shorts? Hotpants? Monster Hunter armor has probably the coolest armor designs I know, but it's frustrating how despite it's gigantic wardrobe, these design aspects are so consistently present among just about all of them. Well, either way I am still glad for the Hunter armor.

Pirate Ship is of course great, I was really hoping to see it back. Unfortunately, I don't really play the Wii U version. It's nice that they hand out a stage for free in exchange, but I just don't have much interest into Duck Hunt as a battle ground, be it for it's aesthetics or it's stage design, so I don't feel like it really matters. But yeah, I can easily imagine that the 3DS might have trouble with those Wind Waker visuals.

Edited by BrightBow

Placebos, placebos everywhere...

There's an evil little voice at the back of my head, telling me Marth's dair spikes easier now.

the thread that I linked last page (and Jedi linked this page!) has placebo-free data j/s

although right now smashboards is down for maintenance, so you'd have to wait a bit

Did Ike...get buffed AGAIN? Sakurai must love him. XD

But poor Luigi, that sucks. He didn't need nerfed OR buffed. He was perfect... :( Now he's probably mediocre again...

And Sheik was untouched? That's really unfair. Mii Swordfighter wasn't touched either, it seems, and he/she really needed buffs... Sigh...

Edited by Anacybele

Very disappointing.

More so seeing as they decided to nerf Marth as one of the few non-custom related modifications.

DK in particular had the same thing which makes no sense considering how good Shields recharge already in this game.

Edited by kingddd

Looks like Pirate Ship recycling music from other stages means that any stage can be DLC at this point. Music theory lasted around a year.

and damn it, Infinite Lightweight got removed.

Shield Breaker itself still fully breaks shields at about halfway through the charge. It's just that you can no longer throw it out randomly and, should your opponent hold their shield up for a few milliseconds more, it no longer breaks so quickly.

While I guess this is an okay change, the idea that this was their ONLY change leaves me...

Sorta...

...well uhh...

...salty.

So Luigi's dthrow gets nerfed

The Super Falchion Twins have shield breaker nerfed

Ganondorf got a nair buff

Fox's throws that involve his blaster do less damage.

Everyone has weaker get up attack damage on shield.

Main changes noticed anyways.

Sakurai himself says he makes these buffs/nerds based on online performances, so stuff like the Shield Breaking nerf makes sense I suppose. I've run into a few people who only tried to break my shield using, you guessed it, shield breaker.

But I KNOW there's no way that this is the case. Everytime I head onto For Glory there's a Shiek, just waiting for me, sooner or later.

9/30/15

The Day Lucina Died

Also

Mega Man top tier confirmed.

@Elieson: Does your A-button only Samus include grabs?

No, and it doesn't include Screw Attack for recovery either. Wall Jumps for specific stages help though

Also, question

How can I upload 60FPS quality smash replays w/o a CaptureCard?

Couldn't that Falco have rolled out of that situation? I mean, he'd get hit by Aura Sphere, but that's preferable to getting your shield broken and losing a stock.

He could not drop shield, due to shield stun.

So I was just trying to use that Toad costume to create a Mister Popo Mii and then it turns out that there is no proper turban. I guess the Smash cast will be spared for now.

Anyway, it's nice that these costumes finally include elements that are influenced by a Mii's color.

Very excited about Pirate Ship's return.

Yeah, this was a stupid patch, I could care less that Luigi got nerfed. No one plays with customs anyways, so they might as well have done nothing.

These alterations are not made solely for tournament players.

And Sheik was untouched? That's really unfair. Mii Swordfighter wasn't touched either, it seems, and he/she really needed buffs... Sigh...

I maintain that Sheik is overrepresented and fine, and that they should remove Swordfighter's stupid Chakram chaining (before giving us other buffs, yes).