SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Holy fuck

Can people not just complain about things in peace? Geez Ana's getting a lot of flack for this and it's largely undeserved. Usually I just say out of these things but geez just looking at it from a Site-related standpoint, Japan has more than half of the Fire Emblem games exclusive to its own country, including symphonies and concerts and lots of merchandise. One shouldn't have to read financial documentaries and business expense sheets to have a right to say "Man, I wish our country could get the shit that X country has".

Europe is getting the Linkle Watch bundle as an exclusive and that bums me out. I sure would like to buy that for MSRP and not pay for extra shipping costs and wait longer to get something that arguably could've sold well in other countries. I also would love to see 16 year old kids who have jobs but are unable to get credit/debit accounts for online purchases, be able to visit their local game store and buy something, instead of harping on their friends/family members to import something for them. Dunno how that would ultimately impact international trade and business but if people are denied something, they certainly have a right to voice their opinion on it.

Also I'd like to play Pkmn Green, Jave. I wanted the Squidmiibo and specifically did not want the Trio in order to get it. I'm fortunate enough to have the ability to import stuff, but not everyone has that privilege. You're speaking for everyone, bro.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Snip*

That's not what set people off. What set people off was the "JAPAN HAS NO RIGHT TO BE ENTITLED" shit as though they get everything and everyone else gets jack and shit.

Which is not the case.

I said that because they get more than everyone else, yet are saying that the west doesn't deserve a little bias every now and then with things like Little Mac in Smash. That sounds like more entitlement to me than anything I could ever say.

And to add to what Elie said, I was pissed about some Amiibo situations myself. Namely the retro pack and Mii pack. I only wanted Duck Hunt Dog and Mii Swordfighter, but I couldn't buy them here because I would've been forced to buy other Amiibo I didn't want. It was a lucky thing I managed to get an individual Mii Swordfighter online for a good price and then Elie hooked me up with a Duck Hunt Dog.

Elieson,

Read again Ana's original post which caused this whole debate. Being frustrated that one country gets something you don't is one thing, but saying that one side "has no right to be entitled" is something that I personally find insulting.

And with that, I'm done. This debate has pretty much run its course.

What.

WHAT.

You can't be serious, Japan has NO right to talk about biasedness when THEY are the ones that get SO much stuff that never goes anywhere else! They need to shut the fuck up, the western fanbase matters just as much as they do. Seriously, Japan thinking like that is really annoying.

Do you mean this?

I dunno, as a customer of Nintendo, I feel entitled to having the right to have stuff made available for me. I'm throwing my dollars at Nintendo and have stock in Nintendo, but it's not getting me that Linkle Compass watch bundle without paying through the nose. I have a right to complain about it, and other consumers do as well. Nintendo is a business that caters to its demand. Consumers will not always be happy with it and that's why we, the consumer, are allowed to complain.

The stuff Japan gets are things Japan makes. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff in the Western World that Japan doesn't get easily. It just happens to be less games and is more books and movies. The fact that Japan is catering towards it's home market makes sense since that's literally where it's being made. We're not naturally entitled or deserve anything made in Japan and likewise they have no claim to entitlement for anything made over here. We should consider ourselves lucky that we live in an era where we can get media being produced on the literal opposite side of the planet instead of bitchin about the paltry stuff we don't get. I can nearly guarantee any exclusive merchandise or gameplay feature in a game that appeals towards a certain audience has a mindset driven by money and not nationalism. The stuff that isn't released over here simply isn't released because the market researchers don't believe they'll make acceptable profit margins, or that profit margins will be higher if something is rarer.

Acknowledging this as a reasonable business practice is fine. My family business used to limit advertising our products as an export because we antipated low demand. After complaints/criticism from other countries like China and Ireland, we now ship internationally, and have earned more business by doing so. I should still have the right to express disapproval towards business practices.

P.Edit;

Jave, I'd like to talk about this with you on the side, more, as this is turning into a debate about business and merchandise, and could arguably be a good one.

Edited by Elieson

That's not what set people off. What set people off was the "JAPAN HAS NO RIGHT TO BE ENTITLED" shit as though they get everything and everyone else gets jack and shit.

Which is not the case.

Compared to the west in terms of their own stuff, I'd actually have to say they get some things that its very questionable for us not to get, its only been changing in recent years.

And we are still waiting on Mother 3 among a variety of other things, we do get mostly jack shit in comparison to be perfectly honest. They get all sorts of unique 3DS models, for awhile enhanced versions of games were Japan exclusive which is only now being rightfully fixed. (Look at the Tales series for this and Kingdom Hearts for some non Nintendo examples). There are so many series, and merch that Nintendo keeps in Japan.

In terms of Japanese franchises they get tons more than us, its undeniable, but its also understandable considering they are the country of origin.

Business and Marketing also has to do with it, and quite a bit they'll make mistakes, like how NoA thought that the 3 games we petitioned for via Project Rainfall wouldn't sell well. Despite there being a major RPG drought on the Wii. Although NoE was much smarter in this case, so it opened the realm of possibility. Because it made NoA have less work if they actually wanted to do item.

Do you mean this?

I dunno, as a customer of Nintendo, I feel entitled to having the right to have stuff made available for me. I'm throwing my dollars at Nintendo and have stock in Nintendo, but it's not getting me that Linkle Compass watch bundle without paying through the nose. I have a right to complain about it, and other consumers do as well. Nintendo is a business that caters to its demand. Consumers will not always be happy with it and that's why we, the consumer, are allowed to complain.

Acknowledging this as a reasonable business practice is fine. My family business used to limit advertising our products as an export because we antipated low demand. After complaints/criticism from other countries like China and Ireland, we now ship internationally, and have earned more business by doing so. I should still have the right to express disapproval towards business practices.

P.Edit;

Jave, I'd like to talk about this with you on the side, more, as this is turning into a debate about business and merchandise, and could arguably be a good one.

I'm all for taking the discussion elsewhere, to a place it belongs.

But I can't shake the feeling that you misunderstood Ana's original post.

How do you know YOU didn't misunderstand it, Jave? :P I probably could have worded it better, now that I see it again, but yeah.

Also, lol at the new thread title. XD

How do you know YOU didn't misunderstand it, Jave? :P I probably could have worded it better, now that I see it again, but yeah.

Also, lol at the new thread title. XD

Did you mean that Japan should not be entitled to complain? Or at least, that they're not as entitled to complain as the West?

Two things not mentioned in that article is that the landing animation on Ganondorf's forward aerial comes from the Ocarina of Time manga and the twisting jump Ganondorf does with Dark Dive in Brawl is based on the jumping animation he uses in his boss battle in Twilight Princess.

Did you mean that Japan should not be entitled to complain? Or at least, that they're not as entitled to complain as the West?

I meant that they don't have any right to complain about a little bias for the west then there's always a lot of bias for them.

I meant that they don't have any right to complain about a little bias for the west then there's always a lot of bias for them.

Then my point still stands.

And that's it. There's nothing left for me to add to this debate.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, November 18, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, November 18, 2015 - No reason given

Double post. Please delete.

Edited by Jave

So going back to Cloud for a general discussion.

Do you lot think he'll pull a Shulk with his alternate pallets? Like colors based on his party members?

For those out of the loop in terms of ff7, this is what his team looks like

d11Ajqg.jpg

I think us getting AC Cloud was enough, thats like, on Wario tier of alts which almost no one in Smash has for some odd reason.

I agree with this... Cloud can have an actual alt costume, but Ike can't have Vanguard and Toon Link can't have the lobster shirt or engineer clothes and Link can't have his TP tunics?

Edited by Anacybele

I think us getting AC Cloud was enough, thats like, on Wario tier of alts which almost no one in Smash has for some odd reason.

Actually, Bowser Jr supercedes Wario, if you count all of his siblings

I'm just being biased, guys. C'mon, let a man dream ]: