SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Marth players got that range they wanted, it looks like. Now I just wish the guy could speak English or at least get subtitles for his Japanese so those of us who don't know Japanese can freaking understand him. Same with Roy and Cloud.

I always had this weird dream that Marth spoke English in JP versions of Smash and everyone else who spoke, spoke in Japanese tongue.

Nice to hear Marth got something that actually helps him in a notable way.

*waits for Robin movement speed increase*

Edited by The DanMan

Nice to hear Marth got something that actually helps him in a notable way.

*waits for Robin movement speed increase*

Hey, someone has to be dead last. Given Robin has all those projectiles I'm glad it's him/her and not Ganondorf. Who needs movment speed when you can just force your enemy to come to you with Thoron?

Edited by Jotari

Hey, someone has to be dead last. Given Robin has all those projectiles I'm glad it's him/her and not Ganondorf. Who needs movment speed when you can just force your enemy to come to you with Thoron?

When you knock away a rush-down character who got in your face and need to make follow-ups, having the running speed of a leisurely jog isn't desirable. Or they could just buff his grab range more. Either of the two would be welcome.

Well, Marth players got that range they wanted, it looks like. Now I just wish the guy could speak English or at least get subtitles for his Japanese so those of us who don't know Japanese can freaking understand him. Same with Roy and Cloud.

I'm now picturing subtitles in the middle of a fight. LMAO.

"Everybody, look at me!"

Lowenthal and Burton should pick up Marth and Cloud, but Fukuyama should stay as Roy. If Mother 3 by some miracle gets localized sometime soon, then Roy will be the only Japan exclusive fighter left.

I'd also like Little Mac to get a different voice. A teen from the Bronx should not have a distinctly Japanese accent.

Lowenthal and Burton should pick up Marth and Cloud, but Fukuyama should stay as Roy. If Mother 3 by some miracle gets localized sometime soon, then Roy will be the only Japan exclusive fighter left.

I still to this day don't think Lowenthal fits Marth at all. I think it was partly licencing that prevented Burton from doing Cloud VA work because he mentioned he'd have loved to have voiced him for Smash.

I still to this day don't think Lowenthal fits Marth at all. I think it was partly licencing that prevented Burton from doing Cloud VA work because he mentioned he'd have loved to have voiced him for Smash.

I actually adore Lowenthal and think that he fits Marth pretty well. It would be better than the ever dwindling supply of Midorikawa clips considering Marth like loses voice clips every game tbh.

I agree for Cloud. It was probably just like the music.

fun fact: Midorikawa voiced Oliver in the Japanese dub of Thomas and Friends from seasons 3 to 7

the more you know

Ok, late to the party, but I finally got Corrin and Bayonetta ( after getting me check :3 ) !

Since most people have had a chance to play as these two and talked about them already, I'll just talk about the most noticeable things about them for me.

(Also, all 3DS......I need a Wii U... :'(

(I'm gonna refer to Corrin as a "she" because between the two, I prefer Female Corrin. Also, black & yellow alt. FTW.)

Ok so Corrin, who I was pretty excited for, is pretty dang good for the most part.

She seem pretty easy to adjust to. Her attacks seem pretty ranged and her Bair(hope that's said right, Back air) is actually pretty strong if used right. Although, I probably won't really use it to help me recover much because it helps only a little (not to say it isn't useful, but I might not always remember it in the heat of a battle). Her Neutral B can go pretty far when fully charged, almost the whole length of an omega stage (it also really freakin' hurts up close...like it should)! Also, her Up special is...good for recovery, but really good for send opponents up off screen!

I don't know why, but I love recoveries that can kill if it connects with someone with 80% or more near the top of the screen(peach with her parasol, samus with screwattack, zero suit samus with...whatever that up kick move is called, etc), but it depends on the knockback. Her smash attacks are pretty alright (especially her side smash, but not because it has range, but because if you charge it next to someone, you will hold them there with your chainsaw sword and then dragon spear them), but I need to ask though......what is with her Up Smash? I mean, it works, but it seems so unreliable and seems like it won't hit anything not close. Then again, maybe that's the point and it's a way to fake you out. I can't say much for her counter because...I kinda forget it. I remember Ike, Lucina, and Roy's, but not her's. Eh...I'll give it some practice.

Last, her taunts are...pretty ok. They're not winning any rewards for being memorable though except maybe the the up taunt.

Either way, Corrin is good in my book and might be a new main of mine......and now my top 10 mains are half Fire Emblem characters excluding Marth, due to preferences (the other half, in no specific order, being Peach, Bowser, Ganondorf, Little Mac, and both Samus and ZS Samus probably at the 10th spot. I know Cloud is on the list too, I'm still not sure where and who to kick off...).

Now Bayonetta...oh boy..Bayonetta. I actually told myself after her reveal that I'll probably like her, but I'll also probably suck at using her too. That kinda holds true and honestly......she isn't my kind of character. To me she, like Ryu and Palutena, are the kind of characters that you need to know how they work in order for you to use them efficiently (and while you can say that for any character, these guys especially......mainly Palutena. They are monsters when used right)

First off, unless you use her smash attacks, you're not killing anyone under 150% in the middle or near the top of the stage with other attacks. She also seems lighter than Corrin, so she gets knocked back a bit easier. Her combos are both easy and hard to pull off (for me anyway). Some times I can chain them (neutral attack + side B + Up B, and if I can manage it somehow, + side B + side B or Nair) some times I can't pull off even 3.

Her taunts, of course, are great for the "f-you" factor in it.

Now...Witch Time is a bit self explanatory...time...as in, time it right or it'll be less effective until you lose a stock. I practiced with it a bit and it only works if an attack is directly from your opponents (like Corrin's side smash). Projectiles don't count, that is unless you stand really close. Plus, multi-hit attacks ( like Megaman's down smash) will mess you up even if it connects, and by the time you're ready to launch your smash attack again, witch time will most likely run out. So it isn't TOO OP. Then again, I never was great with counters (occasionally I'm spot on). In the end, Bayonetta seems good, but not for me.

but then again, it could be because I suck at using her :3

Oh, and the Umbrea Clocktower stage...it's good.

So yeah, those are my thoughts. These 2 are pretty alright.

Edited by Busterman64

Ike is now confirmed to have a longer reaching fair, fsmash is stronger and has no sourspot anymore, and eruption lasts 2 more hitbox frames.

Among his other buffs.

Also, I noticed they lowered Rosalina's weight and upped Kirby's, so now Rosalina is effectively lighter than Kirby.

So Rosalina is now the third lightest character in the game, topped only by Mr. G&W and Jiggs.

Also, I noticed they lowered Rosalina's weight and upped Kirby's, so now Rosalina is effectively lighter than Kirby.

So Rosalina is now the third lightest character in the game, topped only by Mr. G&W and Jiggs.

Mewtwo is lighter than G&W remember. :P:

Also going to post a link to this in my profile to show my entire cast to the game.

ucKMH5.jpg
7U0CLK.jpg
All In Game Fighters
WgsW0n.jpg
FF7 Midgar Alums Honbee Inn alts
Ek96dg.jpg
Midgar Honbee club Inn(FF7) alts
VynvG0.jpg
Lyria(Tear Ring Saga), Mega Man X(Mega Man X Series), Big Al(Pilotwings), Selena(FE8)
wEB8rL.jpg
Summoner and alts(FF)
0ozcme.jpg
White Mage and alts(FF)
0C8ns8.jpg
Ada Wong(Resident Evil), Ratchet(Sakura Taisen), Yumi(Persona 4 Sun Arcana), Brock(Pokemon)
e7rsIz.jpg
Ashley(Trace Memory), I AM ERROR(Zelda II), Ogma(FE), Athena(Gyakuten Saiban)
QwEkYp.jpg
Florina(FE 7), Andy(Advanced Wars), Adachi and alt(Persona 4)
XOMZQu.jpg
Sonja(Advanced Wars), Sumia(FE Awakening), Maki(Persona Revelations), Navarre(FE)
ci8MMp.jpg
ZvGnJ5.jpg
Winona(Pokemon), Robin(Pilotwings), Adol(Wanderers from YS), Daisy(Style Savvy)
PjdN6j.jpg
Roxanne(Pokemon), Selphie(FF8), Apollo(Gyakuten Saiban), Son Kakarot(Dragonball)
gwIaNI.jpg
Irene(Ninja Gaiden), Beatrix(FF9), Jelanda(Valkyrie Profile), Melia(Xenoblade Chronicles)
Sp6ChS.jpg
Rachel(Harvest Moon), Mona(Warioware), Ryu Hayabusa(Ninja Gaiden), Generic Witch(FE2, Tear Ring Saga, FE14)
EvVEA5.jpg
rnqDlH.jpg
Arngrim(Valkyrie Profile), Maya(Persona 2 Innocent Sin), Yukiko Amagi(Persona 4), Heather(FE10)
pCoLGG.jpg
Eriko(Persona Revelations), Harem Queen(Persona Revelations)
Jgb7s6.jpg
Camilla(FE14), Aegina(Berwick Saga), Chie(Persona 4), Oboro(FE14)
vKd7EA.jpg
Nell(Advanced Wars), Akihiko(Persona 3), Iris(Mega Man X4), Garnet(FF9)
XXbEja.jpg
Young Etoile(Rhapsody A Musical Advanture), Miles Edgeworth(Gyakuten Saiban), Daisy(FE4), Jack(Harvest Moon)
wCojM3.jpg
Simon Blackquill(Gyakuten Saiban), Lana(FE4), Kyle Hyde(Hotel Dusk215), Aura Blackquill(Gyakuten Saiban)
wA9Z0P.jpg
tpONTO.jpg
Czene(Berwick Saga), Jody Summer(F-Zero), Reese(Berwick Saga), Chocobo(FF)
FVN92G.jpg
Knuckles, Tails, Robotnik/Eggman, Sonic(Sonic The Hedgehog)
H1PmhA.jpg
Cassidy(Pokemon), Black Knight(FE9/10), Tharja(FE Awakening), Muffy(Harvest Moon)
FpXTTz.jpg
Leon Kennedy(Resident Evil), Amy Rose(Sonic The Hedgehog), Rebecca Chambers(Resident Evil), Phoenix Wright(Gyakuten Saiban)
FpHe3c.jpg
Celine Jules(Star Ocean 2/Blue Sphere/Anime), Rydia(FF4), Tifa Lockheart(FF7), Etoile(Rhapsody A Musical Advanture)
l9HnDs.jpg
Xandar(Fire Emblem), Linkle(The Legend Of Zelda), Ryoma(Fire Emblem), Geno(Super Mario RPG)
a591gT.jpg
Viridi(Kid Icarus), Relm(Dragonball), Chrom(Fire Emblem)
pEsK5H.jpg
Masked Man(Mother 3), Tidus(Dragonball), Ashley(Warioware Twisted), Bomber Man(Bomber Man series)
0d36Sy.jpg
Elise(Fire Emblem), Jynx(Pokemon), Black Shadow(F-Zero), Sakura(Fire Emblem)
Ei2i7j.jpg
Zeke(Zombies Ate My Neighbors/Ghoul Patrol), Julie(Zombies Ate My Neighbors/Ghoul Patrol), Fiora and alt(Xenoblade Chronicles)
4imcaH.jpg
Deathborn(F-Zero), Young Sakura(Dragonball), Leteena(Tear Ring Saga), Mr.Satan(Dragonball)
p4aHRH.jpg
Young Samus(Metroid), Princess Daisy(Mario Bros), Inklings(Splatoon)
3AWJBu.jpg
Mia(Fire Emblem), Sakura(Dragonball), Roll(Mega Man), Tron Bonne(Mega Man)
G5IvGl.jpg
Biker Peach(Mario Bros), Shirley(Pilotwings), Yune(Fire Emblem), Haruka(Dragonball)
pa7dLy.jpg
Toon Zelda(The Legend Of Zelda Cartoon), Tina(Harvest Moon), Laura(Fire Emblem), Lulara(Dragonball)
oUxHbW.jpg
Michaela(Style Savvy), Linde(Fire Emblem), Malicia(Fire Emblem), Myria(Dragonball)
nlyZi3.jpg
Toad(Mario Bros), Toon Peach(Mario Bros Cartoon, SMB 1, Lost Levels, 2, 3), Tomoyo Daidouji(Dragonball/Card Captor Sakura), Noire(Fire Emblem)
PTmoL0.jpg
Priscilla(Fire Emblem 7), Dr. Light(Mega Man), Ssj Chrom(Fire Emblem), Dr. Wily(Mega Man)
bCMOKM.jpg
Ana(Mother), Kata(Dragonball), Paula(Mother/Dragonball), Young Tidus(Dragonball)
CQHoJK.jpg
Lanna(Harvest Moon), Sara(Fairytale Girl Pokemon), Kiki(Kiki's Delivery Service), Ref Mario(Punchout)
3TxXo3.jpg
Lenneth(Valkyrie Profile), Ishtar(Fire Emblem), Sakura(Dragonball), Cyao(Dragonball)
nyNj3X.jpg
taP7F1.jpg
Ssj Kata, Ssj2 Rei(Dragonball), Anna(Fire Emblem), Lenneth(Valkyrie Profile)
NivP9u.jpg
XXDSGa.jpg
Runan(Tear Ring Saga), Feena(Fire Emblem), Laylea(Fire Emblem), Scizor(Pokemon)
fhcffB.jpg
Harvest Goddess(Harvest Moon), Guy(Dragonball), Purim(Dragonball), Myria(Dragonball)
6zuacm.jpg
Protoman(Mega Man), Fou-Lu(Dragonball), Ssj8 Ryu(Dragonball), Dunban(Xenoblade Chronicles)
JJMLhe.jpg
Satan Aoi/Sephiroth(Dragonball), Adult Sakura(Dragonball), Riki(Xenoblade Chronicles), Rei(Dragonball)
6W2Zay.jpg
Pan(Dragonball), Celica(FE), Mist(FE), Amelia(FE)
LU8g8V.jpg
Julius(Fire Emblem), Micaiah(Fire Emblem), Jubei(Dragonball), Leif(Fire Emblem)
8dWA97.jpg
Houston Armstrong(Metroid), 9-Volt(Warioware), Pauline(Mario Bros), Captain N(Captain N and the video game masters cartoon)
y71dag.jpg
Ninten(Mother)

Cast

Edited by PuffPuff

Ohohohoh, Sakurai and Platinum Games, you are crafty.

http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2016/02/04/bayonetta-makes-a-cheeky-virtua-fighter-reference-smash-bros/

For those who don't get it, Bayonetta's voice clip number 15.

And then go here.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Ike is now confirmed to have a longer reaching fair, fsmash is stronger and has no sourspot anymore, and eruption lasts 2 more hitbox frames.

Among his other buffs.

These are definitely more buffs than I was expecting. The range increase on F-air might make SH auto-cancelling with it more useful especially. Although they may not fix his weaknesses, they surely help to augment his strengths even further.

While I am glad the weak hitbox on F-smash was partially fixed, it would have been nice if the same happened with U-smash. If anything, however, the weak hitboxes shouldn't have been in his smashes in the first place. It's just outright ridiculous and doesn't make sense. His smashes are already very risky to use, and having the sourspots only negates much of the reward for using them. Every attack in his moveset, except these two smashes, have a constant damage output distributed evenly throughout their hitboxes. In my opinion, it shouldn't matter where on Ike's sword hits the opponent because that is a feature exclusive to Marth and Roy.

^-^