SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Also going to post a link to this in my profile to show my entire cast to the game.

ucKMH5.jpg

7U0CLK.jpg

All In Game Fighters

WgsW0n.jpg

FF7 Midgar Alums Honbee Inn alts

Ek96dg.jpg

Midgar Honbee club Inn(FF7) alts

VynvG0.jpg

Lyria(Tear Ring Saga), Mega Man X(Mega Man X Series), Big Al(Pilotwings), Selena(FE8)

wEB8rL.jpg

Summoner and alts(FF)

0ozcme.jpg

White Mage and alts(FF)

0C8ns8.jpg

Ada Wong(Resident Evil), Ratchet(Sakura Taisen), Yumi(Persona 4 Sun Arcana), Brock(Pokemon)

e7rsIz.jpg

Ashley(Trace Memory), I AM ERROR(Zelda II), Ogma(FE), Athena(Gyakuten Saiban)

QwEkYp.jpg

Florina(FE 7), Andy(Advanced Wars), Adachi and alt(Persona 4)

XOMZQu.jpg

Sonja(Advanced Wars), Sumia(FE Awakening), Maki(Persona Revelations), Navarre(FE)

ci8MMp.jpg

ZvGnJ5.jpg

Winona(Pokemon), Robin(Pilotwings), Adol(Wanderers from YS), Daisy(Style Savvy)

PjdN6j.jpg

Roxanne(Pokemon), Selphie(FF8), Apollo(Gyakuten Saiban), Son Kakarot(Dragonball)

gwIaNI.jpg

Irene(Ninja Gaiden), Beatrix(FF9), Jelanda(Valkyrie Profile), Melia(Xenoblade Chronicles)

Sp6ChS.jpg

Rachel(Harvest Moon), Mona(Warioware), Ryu Hayabusa(Ninja Gaiden), Generic Witch(FE2, Tear Ring Saga, FE14)

EvVEA5.jpg

rnqDlH.jpg

Arngrim(Valkyrie Profile), Maya(Persona 2 Innocent Sin), Yukiko Amagi(Persona 4), Heather(FE10)

pCoLGG.jpg

Eriko(Persona Revelations), Harem Queen(Persona Revelations)

Jgb7s6.jpg

Camilla(FE14), Aegina(Berwick Saga), Chie(Persona 4), Oboro(FE14)

vKd7EA.jpg

Nell(Advanced Wars), Akihiko(Persona 3), Iris(Mega Man X4), Garnet(FF9)

XXbEja.jpg

Young Etoile(Rhapsody A Musical Advanture), Miles Edgeworth(Gyakuten Saiban), Daisy(FE4), Jack(Harvest Moon)

wCojM3.jpg

Simon Blackquill(Gyakuten Saiban), Lana(FE4), Kyle Hyde(Hotel Dusk215), Aura Blackquill(Gyakuten Saiban)

wA9Z0P.jpg

tpONTO.jpg

Czene(Berwick Saga), Jody Summer(F-Zero), Reese(Berwick Saga), Chocobo(FF)

FVN92G.jpg

Knuckles, Tails, Robotnik/Eggman, Sonic(Sonic The Hedgehog)

H1PmhA.jpg

Cassidy(Pokemon), Black Knight(FE9/10), Tharja(FE Awakening), Muffy(Harvest Moon)

FpXTTz.jpg

Leon Kennedy(Resident Evil), Amy Rose(Sonic The Hedgehog), Rebecca Chambers(Resident Evil), Phoenix Wright(Gyakuten Saiban)

FpHe3c.jpg

Celine Jules(Star Ocean 2/Blue Sphere/Anime), Rydia(FF4), Tifa Lockheart(FF7), Etoile(Rhapsody A Musical Advanture)

l9HnDs.jpg

Xandar(Fire Emblem), Linkle(The Legend Of Zelda), Ryoma(Fire Emblem), Geno(Super Mario RPG)

a591gT.jpg

Viridi(Kid Icarus), Relm(Dragonball), Chrom(Fire Emblem)

pEsK5H.jpg

Masked Man(Mother 3), Tidus(Dragonball), Ashley(Warioware Twisted), Bomber Man(Bomber Man series)

0d36Sy.jpg

Elise(Fire Emblem), Jynx(Pokemon), Black Shadow(F-Zero), Sakura(Fire Emblem)

Ei2i7j.jpg

Zeke(Zombies Ate My Neighbors/Ghoul Patrol), Julie(Zombies Ate My Neighbors/Ghoul Patrol), Fiora and alt(Xenoblade Chronicles)

4imcaH.jpg

Deathborn(F-Zero), Young Sakura(Dragonball), Leteena(Tear Ring Saga), Mr.Satan(Dragonball)

p4aHRH.jpg

Young Samus(Metroid), Princess Daisy(Mario Bros), Inklings(Splatoon)

3AWJBu.jpg

Mia(Fire Emblem), Sakura(Dragonball), Roll(Mega Man), Tron Bonne(Mega Man)

G5IvGl.jpg

Biker Peach(Mario Bros), Shirley(Pilotwings), Yune(Fire Emblem), Haruka(Dragonball)

pa7dLy.jpg

Toon Zelda(The Legend Of Zelda Cartoon), Tina(Harvest Moon), Laura(Fire Emblem), Lulara(Dragonball)

oUxHbW.jpg

Michaela(Style Savvy), Linde(Fire Emblem), Malicia(Fire Emblem), Myria(Dragonball)

nlyZi3.jpg

Toad(Mario Bros), Toon Peach(Mario Bros Cartoon, SMB 1, Lost Levels, 2, 3), Tomoyo Daidouji(Dragonball/Card Captor Sakura), Noire(Fire Emblem)

PTmoL0.jpg

Priscilla(Fire Emblem 7), Dr. Light(Mega Man), Ssj Chrom(Fire Emblem), Dr. Wily(Mega Man)

bCMOKM.jpg

Ana(Mother), Kata(Dragonball), Paula(Mother/Dragonball), Young Tidus(Dragonball)

CQHoJK.jpg

Lanna(Harvest Moon), Sara(Fairytale Girl Pokemon), Kiki(Kiki's Delivery Service), Ref Mario(Punchout)

3TxXo3.jpg

Lenneth(Valkyrie Profile), Ishtar(Fire Emblem), Sakura(Dragonball), Cyao(Dragonball)

nyNj3X.jpg

taP7F1.jpg

Ssj Kata, Ssj2 Rei(Dragonball), Anna(Fire Emblem), Lenneth(Valkyrie Profile)

NivP9u.jpg

XXDSGa.jpg

Runan(Tear Ring Saga), Feena(Fire Emblem), Laylea(Fire Emblem), Scizor(Pokemon)

fhcffB.jpg

Harvest Goddess(Harvest Moon), Guy(Dragonball), Purim(Dragonball), Myria(Dragonball)

6zuacm.jpg

Protoman(Mega Man), Fou-Lu(Dragonball), Ssj8 Ryu(Dragonball), Dunban(Xenoblade Chronicles)

JJMLhe.jpg

Satan Aoi/Sephiroth(Dragonball), Adult Sakura(Dragonball), Riki(Xenoblade Chronicles), Rei(Dragonball)

6W2Zay.jpg

Pan(Dragonball), Celica(FE), Mist(FE), Amelia(FE)

LU8g8V.jpg

Julius(Fire Emblem), Micaiah(Fire Emblem), Jubei(Dragonball), Leif(Fire Emblem)

8dWA97.jpg

Houston Armstrong(Metroid), 9-Volt(Warioware), Pauline(Mario Bros), Captain N(Captain N and the video game masters cartoon)

y71dag.jpg

Ninten(Mother)

Cast

...!

This...this list is beautiful and I love you for it (and I also got Chie and Akihiko too...and a cool guy named Batsu...not sure where he's originally from, he is in "Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Project X Zone)!

I really want to get the Black Knight costume ( for obvious reasons) and everyother DLC...not sure when I'll get Mewtwo and Lucas though...) :3

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...!

This...this list is beautiful and I love you for it (and I also got Chie and Akihiko too...and a cool guy named Batsu...not sure where he's originally from, he is in "Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Project X Zone)!

I really want to get the Black Knight costume ( for obvious reasons) and everyother DLC...not sure when I'll get Mewtwo and Lucas though...) :3

Uh, so um... There was also that Chrom DLC costume right, and I QR copied a mii of Chrom, which was to make an accurate Chrom for Smash. I then bought Black Knight DLC costume and put Chrom in it.

Uh, so um... There was also that Chrom DLC costume right, and I QR copied a mii of Chrom, which was to make an accurate Chrom for Smash. I then bought Black Knight DLC costume and put Chrom in it.

Revenge!

:3

So after finally given Corrin and Bayonetta a rest I went back to my old main, Ganondorf, for a while. And fighting against Corrins I'm running into some serious trouble. It's like the guy has absolutely no weaknesses, aside from a lackluster Up Smash. Every single move seems to come out fast with little end lag and great range. Particularly his forward smash and neutral special which is like the best projectile in the game. It's huge, travels far, deals loads of damage, stuns with high knockback and has an optional extra melee attack at the end. Ganondorf is all about taking opportunity in your opponent's weakness and even against the likes of Zero Suit Samus I can usually predict and counter reasonably well but with Corrin it seems I can't ever tell what he'll do because he has so many fantastic options to choose from. I've never held much stock in tier lists but to me it looks like Corrin is just plainly better at least at a non meta level. Both playing with and against him. Bayonetta is pretty good too but she at least takes some skill and technique to play and she does have weakness on some of her moves, notably her Smashes being worse than they appear. Corrin just seems great all around and I'm convinced it's the character itself because I have no problem beating these people when they swap out for other character's they'd logically be more used to at this point (and when I use Corrin I find myself winning quite often). This isn't an angry rant or anything, I'm just wondering if there's any glaring weakness I'm missing. Maybe Ganondorf is just has a really bad matchup against Corrin.

Edited by Jotari

So after finally given Corrin and Bayonetta a rest I went back to my old main, Ganondorf, for a while. And fighting against Corrins I'm running into some serious trouble. It's like the guy has absolutely no weaknesses, aside from a lackluster Up Smash. Every single move seems to come out fast with little end lag and great range. Particularly his forward smash and neutral special which is like the best projectile in the game. It's huge, travels far, deals loads of damage, stuns with high knockback and has an optional extra melee attack at the end. Ganondorf is all about taking opportunity in your opponent's weakness and even against the likes of Zero Suit Samus I can usually predict and counter reasonably well but with Corrin it seems I can't ever tell what he'll do because he has so many fantastic options to choose from. I've never held much stock in tier lists but to me it looks like Corrin is just plainly better at least at a non meta level. Both playing with and against him. Bayonetta is pretty good too but she at least takes some skill and technique to play and she does have weakness on some of her moves, notably her Smashes being worse than they appear. Corrin just seems great all around and I'm convinced it's the character itself because I have no problem beating these people when they swap out for other character's they'd logically be more used to at this point (and when I use Corrin I find myself winning quite often). This isn't an angry rant or anything, I'm just wondering if there's any glaring weakness I'm missing. Maybe Ganondorf is just has a really bad matchup against Corrin.

I got curious and decided to check out what you said (...that and I had an excuse to play Ganondorf :3).

After a few matches with Corrin and Bayonetta (Lv.8, no items, omega stages, 1 on 1 matches) I've come to a somewhat good conclusion.

(I'm calling Corrin a "her" because Female Corrin FTW :3)

What you said seems to be the case. Corrin is fast and can be quite aggressive and put the pressure on you. She has speed, power, and range on her side. And Ganondorf has trouble dealing with that. HOWEVER, I kinda noticed that Corrin NEEDS to connect with some attacks or she'll be open for a few seconds. For example, her neutral B will leave her open for about...2-3 seconds. If you can get behind her when she does that, you have an opening. DO NOT TRY TO ATTACK IN THE FRONT! If you dodge her blast and try to attack to close to her hand...CHOMP (...unless maybe you wait a second and then side B)!

Another one is her side B, the "hold you in place" move. If she misses you and doesn't connect to the ground, she seems like she can't do anything until she hits the ground. Ganondorf's side B + down attack or down smash works well. Lastly, I'm not sure if it's the computer or not, but if you pressure Corrin (attack constantly), it seems hard for her to do much.

So in the end, it seems like when Corrin is coming down from the air to the floor, she seems a bit venerable. And pressure is good if you can manage it!

Edit: attacking her from behind seems good too......*sigh*...I can't make that sound any less inappropriate... :(

Bayonetta on the other hand, has some easier to see openings. If she misses with a smash attack, she'll be open for maybe 3-4 seconds. And while she can combo Ganondorf pretty good and witch time is a little scary, one smash attack to a Bayonetta at 80% will probably end her.

Bayonetta is fast and can keep you from hitting, but a good few hits from strong characters like Ganondorf and she'll be in high percentages a bit quick.

One last thing... Ganondorf's Side B and down B seems to work well...mainly the Side B...I love that move! :3

I hope that helped...even just a bit! :3

Edited by Busterman64

Considering Ganon's third from bottom on the tier list, one would imagine that it's partly a problem with Ganon being pretty bad.

Considering Ganon's third from bottom on the tier list, one would imagine that it's partly a problem with Ganon being pretty bad.

Heresy and lies!

For someone who doesn't really give a warlock punch about tier lists that much, Ganondorf is pretty dang good. Tier lists (in my eyes anyway) are based off what one character is capable of doing and how they match up against other characters. I don't really follow them because I'm better with some characters than others and they work well when used right. Then again, Smash 4 is MUCH more balanced then previous games, so you can work around some things and still come out on top, regardless where a character lies on a tier list (in previous games, they are more meaningful because a good amount of characters, especially in Melee, are in a position where its much harder to compete with fast characters ).

More Ike buffs make me smile. :D I just wish Luigi would get bumped back up to high tier... Although I thought he was just fine when he was at top tier, it wouldn't have bothered me much if he just went down to high tier. But no, he plummeted all the way to mid tier. :(

she sure showed that jigglypuff

what even was that finals

Yeah it was grand finals.

Afaik the tournament isn't anything major so it's not going to matter much in the long term, but I think it's cool that she's already winning day after the release (according to the announcers).

How come her voice switched to Japanese on that fThrow at 22:58?

I know in JP Sm4sh, Bayonetta 1 palettes are English voiced and B2 palettes are in Japanese, but this is clearly an English copy of the game and she's speaking in English for the rest of the match.

What caused the glitch?

Oh, awesome, I looked it up:

"I'm 10 years too early to post this, but they left in an Easter Egg from the first Bayonetta that references Virtua Fighter.

Bayonetta would sometimes yell out something in Japanese when she defeated the final angel of a verse using the reverse punch move. The move is from Virtua Fighter and is performed by Akira. His infamous line from the game, when translated is "You're ten years too early!""

Thanks for telling me, I would never have guessed...!

So I did a local tourney at Hastings here in Moses Lake.

I won out of 40 people, they overall weren't the best, but it was really nice ^_^

So I did a local tourney at Hastings here in Moses Lake.

I won out of 40 people, they overall weren't the best, but it was really nice ^_^

Ooh, congrats, Jedi! Was there a prize, just out of curiosity?

biggest threats?

It was a Sheik, a Mario and a Falcon for main threats.

Ooh, congrats, Jedi! Was there a prize, just out of curiosity?

Yeah, a Hastings gift card ^^ decent cash on it.

Edited by Jedi

Ah, that's pretty nice!

Yeah ^^

Who were you playing as?

Well if this had been patched to 1.1.4 I'd have done Ike all the way, but the Hastings people lit just got the systems for the tourney (they'll be patching it next time). So we had to deal with LAUNCH stuff.

So I went Ike, realized the patches weren't in, still won, then went Sonic and won everything else too.