1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes, it's only good for grinding.
    • No, it's good for everything.
    • Other (please specify).

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you could probably put it in the same category as maximizing eugenics, where people just assume it's required because of how useful it sounds, but in practice you don't really need to have it.

It's good for forges (forged brave axe+mt and +hit on berserker to fix their low hit), Rare weapons(Leif's blade, Aversa's night), and legendaries (Gradivus, Helswath).

I usually have AT on defensive units.

Armsthrift is primarily a defensive skill, so its most useful with 1-2 range regalia and Aversa's Night.

Offensive units only need a set of forged Braves to get by.

Magic users get the most mileage out of Armsthrift since they can run a set of Valflame/Celica's Gale/Superior Jolt without trouble.

It isn't just a skill you slap on to any unit and expect excellence so in that respect it's a bit overrated.

Still one of my favorite skills because Golden Gaffe can go fuck itself.

Saves me a lot of time. Keeps my Aversa's Night / Celica's Gale forges around, and lets me spam Regalia with no remorse.

I have other things I'd rather do than money grind in Golden Gaffe or play Infinite Regalia and avoid all the Nidhoggs.

Is it the best skill? No. Is it useful? Yes.

It's like Galeforce. Is it essential? Not by any stretch of imagination. Can it be helpful dependunnon play style? Yes.

I like Armshrift because I have other things I'd rather do than money grind in Golden Gaffe because most of my forged Brave weapons are out of uses or play Infinite Regalia and only get Wolf Berg, or hope that an event tile and/or the barracks has another rare weapon that you can only get from them. I feel it's very convenient to have, but not necessary.

Edited by December Knight

I have the same love for armsthrift that galeforce fanboy/girls have for galeforce. Of course, I am also the guy who doesn't buy brave weapons because I don't have the motivation to send owain off bullion grinding every thirty minutes. Personally, armsthrift is irreplaceable for me, due in part to my lack of DLC purchasing and needing/wanting of limit break, I always have an open slot that people who use DLC fill with LB. Anyway, no, I don't believe armsthrift should only be used for grinding, but I don't have DLC, so armsthrift could be exchanged on people's teams who may have DLC, I feel as if it's a situational thing.

Plus, hacking away at Priam's whole army with a single glass weapon is about the only time I've laughed at something in this game, save supports or other conversations. Also forged waste times are too damn expensive, here that! You guys that love sorcerers have broken me!

I like sending an Armthrift MU to tank shit in chapter 24 of Lunatic with a Helswath because fuck that chapter, and even in postgame I'm kinda lazy and don't want to keep on making forges and just don't really like having to rebuy shit in general

It's more convenience than anything but really I don't even need that many skill slots for things so Armthrift always fit fine if they have it

It's not life and death if they don't, though, but I really don't want to grind InfReg 50 times to replace one Helswath (knowing my luck anyway) or GG to make more brave forges than necessary

even ingame there's buyable hammerne and you have a ridiculous amount of money to burn, so i think its totally useless ingame

postgame its more of a luxury than a nescessity, although the same could be said for most skills I suppose.

It is versatile in 'changing' skill to lesser Luna, Sol, Astra in form of weapons while also preserves all other weapons.

Likewise, Mire (long range) and Aversa's Night (focus is killing in enemy turn) is limited, and armsthift keep up the fight.

even ingame there's buyable hammerne and you have a ridiculous amount of money to burn, so i think its totally useless ingame

postgame its more of a luxury than a nescessity, although the same could be said for most skills I suppose.

I always look for hammernes, I can only ever find them in Anna's wandering never-shows-up-where-it'd-actually-help merchant tent, and that almost never happens. Where do you find them? (I accidentally gave Cynthia nidhogg when I was grinding and before I knew it, it had ten uses left)

I always look for hammernes, I can only ever find them in Anna's wandering never-shows-up-where-it'd-actually-help merchant tent, and that almost never happens. Where do you find them? (I accidentally gave Cynthia nidhogg when I was grinding and before I knew it, it had ten uses left)

For the sake of other players. in case they don't know,

Armsthrift don't work for Hammernes

Just saying.

Aversa's Night is really overrated. I myself was really excited about it at first, but then I realized using Waste is a far better defense than Aversa's Night because it allows you to kill everything on the enemy phase.

Hammerne's are most likely to show up in the Anna shops that spawn on the locations of chapter 24, 25, and the spotpass paralogues, if you need them. It's not guaranteed, but there's a much higher chance of them spawning there than anywhere else.

It's not overrated because nobody claims it does more than what it does. It just saves time grinding on the golden gaffe/infinite regalia and allows people who lacks the later, like me, to use the best weapons in the game, like Hellswrath. And yes, I'm lazy so I will use Armsthrift even with brave weapons.

Aversa's Night is really overrated. I myself was really excited about it at first, but then I realized using Waste is a far better defense than Aversa's Night because it allows you to kill everything on the enemy phase.

I'd actually say celica's gate > waste. Even forged, waste hit rate sucks

Edited by Tangerine