Is it for love, or perhaps something more?

Henry's rather good though.

But I digress. Regarding the main topic, I personally want to fill out the Support library, and once I'm making my team to beat everything on all files, my Avatars will marry whoever the hell they want to, because Morgan is going to own either way.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I married Chrom just because I thought it made a lot of sense. Seemed reasonable to me for a general and his tactician to get together, at least in an FE game. Married Frederick and Stahl due to knight in shining armor sentimentality.

EDIT: I've only done 1 run with MaMU, and I already knew there was no way I'd marry Maribelle (ojousama types), Tharja, Sumia (shy klutz makes me throw things), Olivia (moe makes me throw up), Cordelia for the Chrom thing, Nowi because she looks like she's 5, etc etc. Eventually decided on Cherche.

Edited by mewyeon

With Chrom... it's not just his looks. He's the whole package of my ideal guy... kinda?

Same here.

With Tiki, though, I think she's pretty, but it most definitely was not her body that got my male avatar to marry her; I just liked her new mature personality that masks the same little Tiki from Shadow Dragon. She was one of my fave's from that game, so I decided to honor that by having my male avatar marry her. Not to mention, I think she's been alone long enough and deserves to have someone to love and have a child with.

Plus, the novelty of having manakete Morgan, the dragon of absolute doom.

Me at pre-release: Aww, not much women to go off of in these early stages. I like the red haired girl out of all of them so far. OOOH who's this dark skinned woman with body markings? Says she's evil. Darn. Welp, Tiamo, te amo.

A few weeks later: Hmm this pink haired girl looks nice. Braids are kinda weird. Better wait until her porfile is up.

Profile is up: OLIVIA YOU SO MAH TYPE. BIRTHDAYS ARE CLOSE AND WE DANCE AND SHY AWAY AND STUFF wAAAH OLIVIA

Spotpass unit unlock system revealed: Does this mean Inverse will be out?

Inverse unlocked: MM WHAT ARE THESE FEELS A-STIRRIN'?! THAT MAMU SUPPORT CHAIN! THAT CONFESSION! WAAAH!

Pre-American Release: What should I do? Olivia and Aversa are now embodiments of my two favorite types of women! Urrgh! Purity of Olivia vs. Aversa... But... I know... taking Olivia is selfish... because Henry only shows feelings for her.

American release:

Olivia run: Love you Olivia there is almost a love house built for you here~! Wait, why are her supports less moe amd more annoying...? And keeping her alive was more tactics than I thought I'd need...

Aversa run: *looks up eng supports* Oh, they ruined Olivia's character like they ruined the names of everything. NO FUN ALLOWED MODE. Wait. Aversa. She's being released soon... *ENDLESS GRIND TO BE THE FIRST TO GET HER IN ENGLISH*

And then I got Aversa and magic happened. Also near the end of my time with Olivia I realized Rey's heaven piercing weeb had worked it's magic and he was indeed the one with the more powerful love for Olivia. Although I was quite sad to lose Azure as my son, my life with Aversa has been even better than my time with Olivia, although I now know Avatar's feelings of screw destiny when it comes to his friends. "Oh dude who'd you marry. Aversa. Aversa? She's old/You only use dark magic for broken things." And I CHALLENGE MY FATE and continually keep her in my heart as my FE waifu forever despite whatever the world (or my mental world) throws at me.

Edit: During that entire story, I nearly completely forgot about stats for them. That's how much I love them.

Edit 2: If I had Rey's Drawing Skils Amirg X Aversa would be there as my sig or something. He looks like a purple haired Rey with face markings though. ^^;

Edited by Only My Unit

I realized Rey's heaven piercing weeb had worked it's magic and he was indeed the one with the more powerful love for Olivia.

Wat.

(And in order not to get warned for one word posts...)

I'm... what... My... I can't... what?

Err... okay.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I've started my first run and married Tharja, it's nice not being the jerk in the relationship for once. Poor Noire, I think she's probably doomed.

Oh, no way! I mean, sure, I think Frederick is bordeline Ike level of hotness (and we all know I think Ike is the sexiest thing to exist in the FE series), but I love him more for his hilarious character and his charm. <3 I love how he's really a big softie on the inside and gives hugs! To me he's one big, cute, cuddly Freddy Bear! And then there's his support with the female Avatar too. Gods, his drama in some of the scenes. XD And then his confession too, which charmed the hell out of me. And then his dialogue on event tiles when he talks to his wifey! He bought her a pendant, which is actually pretty much my kind of romantic gift. :3

I'm not marrying Kelli to anyone else. There's nothing I don't love about Frederick. He's just amazing in so many ways. <3 I'm a knight in shining armor kind of girl too. ^^

Besides, who can't love our Freddy Bear? He's just...omg lol at times!

Yeah, I like knights in shining armour like Geoffrey too.

@Anacybele : I'm sorry, but nobvody is hotter than Virion. ;):Besides Archer is the sexiest class

Ha, I like Virion, but sorry, for me, Frederick and Ike take the cake for hottest FE men. :3

I also forgot to mention that I REALLY like Frederick's hair color on male Morgan. It just suits him! Also, an army trained and led by Freddy and Avatar would be hella powerful, probably virtually unbeatable!

Yeah, I like knights in shining armour like Geoffrey too.

Is this supposed to troll me? Because Geoffrey is actually one of the few knights I DON'T like. :/

Edited by Anacybele

I'm kind of weird with this. In my main male MU file I married Miriel and in my main female MU file I married Henry. I don't think there was ever any question that Robin was going to marry Miriel since I found out what her character is like. I like smart people who discover gravity and are into science. Laurent being awesome is a bonus on top of that. I had more difficulty with the guys. Like, if Henry was a real person I'd be scared of him but in videogame land he cracks me up and is ... sweet in the way only Henry can.

Sure, Henry's cute, but so are Libra (and some others) and I'm not particularly attached to them. No comments on whether Miriel is cute or not.

I usually judge based on their personality and backstory. Design gets bonus marks, but not the flat-out fanservicey sort of design.

It's one of the reasons why I despise Tharja so much. She is the most blatantly stereotyped character.

Cherche is my favorite because she's a soldier with class, with a lot of wit and strong observation skills. I also like how she's somewhat bloodthirsty. Her looks are more of a supplement rather than a reason.

Tharja is my second favorite purely because of the Summer Bonds DLC convo. At first I liked Tharja because she was funny and amusing, but that conversion ramped my attraction of her to eleven.

Oh, man, we are getting pretty deep into waifu territory here.

"Love" is a pretty powerful word and I wouldn't go as far as to say it applies here. I'll admit, I really got into this marriage system though.

With Tiki, though, I think she's pretty, but it most definitely was not her body that got my male avatar to marry her; I just liked her new mature personality that masks the same little Tiki from Shadow Dragon. She was one of my fave's from that game, so I decided to honor that by having my male avatar marry her. Not to mention, I think she's been alone long enough and deserves to have someone to love and have a child with.

This, although I haven't played Shadow Dragon or the other games involving Marth yet. I wouldn't blame people for not believing me, but Tiki being my favorite to marry has little to do with her appearance. Emmeryn is a pretty close second.

I really like Tharja (obviously), but she is not always a good person as we all know. I just think she's a very interesting character. Cordelia is very pretty and awesome. I enjoyed the Maribelle/Gregor support, as well. She's pretty cool and her "darling" isn't creepy like Victor/Vincent. xD

I also kind of expected Soiree/Sully to be more popular in the west ever since last year.

She's pretty much at the near the bottom of the poll in Japan. Because ideals discrepancies.

I must be with the polls in Japan then. Because I honestly can't see what's so good about Sully in any sense. In fact, I hate her, but I don't think hate should be talked about here.

Same with Tharja and Cordelia. I don't see how they're "ever so beautiful," but that's probably just me.

With Chrom... it's not just his looks. He's the whole package of my ideal guy... kinda?

This, really.

I marry FeMU to Chrom only because it was like love at first sight. At first, it was because he looked hot in the cutscene (oh man, I love you, Sugita) and even as little in-game portraits. And then I found his character/personality to be rather... just, ideal, handsome, hot, awesome, epic, funny, etc. But that isn't the only reason why I marry FeMU to Chrom... but rather for the...story it brings? Sure, Chapter 23 can be just as touching as Lucina's husband (though apparently Lucina doesn't call it matricide in the JP version). It was just more right to me, and I'm not even playing FeMU as a self-insert.

And if I did do a self-insert, she may marry Azure/Inigo as wrong as it seem... as seen in the following.

As MaMU, I will only marry him to Olivia (and once to Sumia but that also costs me a Maiden!Lucina because I hate Chrom's other candidates). She's pretty, a cute character, also funny, etc... and I'm speaking as a girl too. :C Although I would never use her English voice, or anyone else's really. For a lovely family of MaMU, Olivia, Morgan(F) and Inigo....

Edited by Shirley

I simply pair my Avatar with Cordelia because I like her best out of all the Gen 1 females (Virion is my overall favorite character, I liked him from the get-go and he really grew on me so if I ever did a female Avatar run I would pair her with him), and her daughter is my favorite Gen 2 character.

Edited by Kamina

I do Chromatar mostly even though I don't ship them

Because I can turn Lucina OP

No other Lucina will have 48 strength as a Paladin ever, let alone before endgame in nogrind, and that makes me sad because that was the best Lucina I ever had (twice)

Otherwise I married Basilio in my shipping run because he's a badass and looking like Nick Fury doesn't hurt

Flavia and Sully are my favourite female characters and remind me of my self so my two male MUs married them out of narcissism

Next male will go for Panne because Panne's always been so good in my runs and I can really symphasize with her character and I like bunnies so

Maybe I will finally be able to use Yarne as a front unit during the storyline

I just marry for gameplay benefits: Chromatar for Veteran Lucina and RK Morgan.

Most of the characters in this game aren't believable to begin with, so I don't see how people could see themselves in romantic relationships with most of them. Also Tharja is butt-ugly; come at me bros.

Edited by Redwall

Funny thing is, even though I know Chrom x Avatar is insanely powerful, I never use it because I just hate the pairing. I didn't even use it on Lunatic.

And having Chrom as a friend is cool, but as a husband... eh, I'll pass.

I didn't even use it on Lunatic.

Honestly, those who say that a pairing or asset/flaw is necessary in Lunatic/Lunatic+ is... a little stubborn to say the least.

It makes things a hell of a lot easier, but to there are people like me who don't give a crap:

AO9MhOt.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

Funny thing is, even though I know Chrom x Avatar is insanely powerful, I never use it because I just hate the pairing. I didn't even use it on Lunatic.

And having Chrom as a friend is cool, but as a husband... eh, I'll pass.

Same here. I agree that Chrom's hot, but he's just not my kind of guy and I don't really like his support with the female Avatar. I find him to be too boring and idiotic at times, though he does make me laugh on occasion. He's fine as a friend though, I agree. And his support with the female Avatar is hilarious as crap, but it's hardly something I'd want to lead to a marriage. It's just too weird. "we've both seen each other naked, so let's get married!" Just...no. Wtf. xP