FE6 Localization Patch v1.2.1 - Full localization with new features, including Support Conversation reader

Well, yeah, I kinda said that already.

i must've misread that as an implication that it should be changed to "mage dragon", which is what i was getting at sorry

Really, I thought Shadow Breath was just for Shadow Dragons in FE3/12 and might have mistaken it in the patch along with Idun/Idenn's class in the previous patch?

nope, intsys is just kinda confusing and inconsistent with this stuff and even the clumsiest fan translation barely makes that worse. in other news, water is wet

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a gripe against the translation (which I much prefer to the original one), but I just activated the Tate and Juno C Support... and got Lalum and Geese spouting what I believe is their B Support conversation. I'm not using the most recent patch - the updated translation ends just prior to the Sacae/Ilia route split for me - but if you haven't touched Support conversation pointers since then, that's something you may want to look into.

I haven't touched support pointers at all. After checking, the supports appear to be in the right place so this may have been an issue even before I did anything. Since other supports appear to be functioning properly, hopefully it's just this one that's messed up. I definitely consider this kind of thing a bug report so no offense taken whatsoever. Out of curiosity are their other support levels working properly? It's possible they're just misaligned which should be an easy fix. This is why testing is so important. ┐('~`;)┌

By the way, for another point of discussion ... how would people feel about "divine dragons " being changed to "seraph dragons "? It seems more consistent with "demon dragon " to which it is analogous and doesn't sound silly like "angel dragons ".

Sorry for weird spacing in my post. Typing from my phone is a pain.

Edited by gringe

Since when? Is it actually in any officially translated games? I don't care about conventions created by the original fan translator(s) if you haven't noticed by now.

EDIT: Seems it was in FE11, which I didn't play. Even with other inconsistencies I feel this should probably be maintained. Consider it settled.

Edited by gringe

Today has been a very productive day, so how about a brief screenshot update? It's been a while.

More changes to spellings to be consistent with map graphics. It was "Raemy" in the text while the map says "Remi." I don't understand this change at all...

Q7NtWAc.png

wLb1JSh.pngG5GPHDE.pngvu78lWW.png

Zephiel's speech was pretty fun to rewrite.

4oKi2qE.png3DGw19t.pngMvYLVg0.png

oh hey you've probably been over this already but

klain should be changed to klein, crain, or crane. the current version looks super awkward.

I have been over it. "Klein," although certainly a name, is pronounced with a different vowel and I think most likely it was a romanization error like "Thany" probably was.

Being a fairly common surname I don't think Klain looks awkward in the slightest. I really just wanted to keep it close to the official spelling without the pronunciation difference. I can see the logic for something like "Crane" though, seeing how he's supposed to be elegant and all that. I'll consider it for future versions, but no guarantees.

By the way, I noticed Aveyn Knight/VincentASM saids that there was an error on Ogier's part that was he's from Lycia, not Ilia, but I am not too sure if there was the same mistake happened in the patch also, and I noticed that Aveyn Knight saids that it was mentioned in his support conversation also, but I couldn't even seemed to find that in the SF.net content in Ogier's support conversation, but I am not too sure if that was mentioned in his other part of his dialogue too?

Edited by King Marth 64

Sacae's officially DONE. Have also done shop dialogues and most or all item descriptions.

Now all that's left is the last chapter. I'm still on winter break so the patch will probably be out soon.

As a side note, I've had to reconstruct a lot of the cutscenes in the game that were somehow broken by the formatting in the original patch. Music cues not activating properly and such. When finished, this'll be quite a bit more than an update to the writing.

Edited by gringe

i've got the time again so i got back on the support-testing horse. so far i've confirmed that the following six supports function perfectly:

• Elphin/Douglas
  • Elphin/Cecilia
  • Jodel/Dayan
  • Hugh/Niime
  • Jodel/Niime
  • Jodel/Milady

i'm still in the middle of testing Jodel/Dorothy, but i've got a bit of an oddity to report with that particular C support. the conversation works perfectly, but it acts as a talk conversation rather than a support: the Talk command is displayed for both characters instead of Support, and at the end of the conversation there is no "Support level increased" popup. on a cursory examination the B support is also a bit odd in ways i haven't fully diagnosed yet. i'll try activating their support through traditional grinding means and see if that makes a difference

Edited by bookofholsety

I believe Dorothy and Jodel have a "talk" conversation on chapter 21 so it's very possible it's a glitch in the base game (or you just activated the talk conversation instead of the support >_>)

Thanks as always (^o^)/

i just checked the old scripts, and it looks like i was indeed just activating the talk conversation all along

er... whoops?

oh well at least i confirmed THAT's not glitchy. i'll buckle down and properly confirm the actual supports as soon as possible

gringe. Once you are done with this patch, I'd like to request something. PLEASE, if i could have anything in the world it would be this. Don't make me beg. Because I WILL beg. Since you are the first person I know of that is making Binding Blade as official as possible, (it will say Binding Blade on the title right? because i'm sick and f*&^% tired of "Sword of Seals" on the title after FE13) would you "Unofficially officially" translate FE12 and FE2? There are translations already done (and presumably public domain) that are fully translated but with unofficial names, so you would just have to change the names to the FE13 translations. It rubs me the wrong way that we got Fire Emblem (Blazing Sword) and Shadow Dragon But never Binding Blade, Gaiden on VC, or Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~. Of course it also rubs me the wrong way hearing "Roro" rather than "Legion" and a subsequently butchered Bible quote. Once your done with FE:BB, I humbly ask you translate FE:G and FE:MotE,HoLaS afterwords. Don't make me beg. Because I WILL beg.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems